1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was refreshing for once not to be invincible in the caves and once again I find myself in that same invincible state. Why NOT have some danger with a treasure behind it early game? By the time I get to hardmode I will be splattering them left and right. Also I don't think anyone actually answered my question about what justification they had for changing it.

And before anyone says it, no expert mode is not an excuse. It certainly not the excuse I wanted it to be. I've played it and it seems more like a hyperbole about the player base who simply cant get enough difficulty. Where as medusa is not what Id call difficult. Thinking is not very difficult for me.

Last edited:
Its not an update without people wanting to nerf bloody everything. Fix the lizard temple in a way where it won't work there. Stop trying to get the item itself nerfed. Think for a minute.

That's my perspective; I don't think nerfing Grand Design solely for the sake of the Temple would be beneficial for the item's intention (to facilitate wiring building and play). Sort of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'd be more interested in seeing changes to the Temple mechanics itself to make things a bit trickier, but as mentioned, I can't make any promises about what that could end up being, if anything.

I do not respect the changes to medusa for example

I mean, those changes dont actually change anything. The medusa still about instakills anything flying. She is the one mob that ironically is far more lethal in hardmode than before. Before that you just dont fly and unless she stones you while you jump over an chasm, shes just inconvient, because she forces you to wait a few secs.

I wrote this in the wrong thread.

Are we able to get some sort of detector that detects plants on a certain Block.

for all 7 of the Herbs. I want to be able to get my farm better :p

You mean your backup file? You shouldn't have lost any backup files. When Terraria updates, or 'launches' an update that is, Steam will then verify whether or not your file is not yet up to date and starts updating if it isn't. If you did not backup the tML.exe then it's lost, but I'm pretty sure you can download it again from the thread, there's a link to it in my signature. (Remember: tML isn't updated to 1.3.1 yet)
Redownloaded the tML launcher, and it accessed all my cloud-saved files (which is all of them) ;3;//

Hey @ppowersteef, I'm not having any issues with Target Dummies. Have you tried placing new ones? Its possible your old ones are "de-ghosted" ones, an old glitch where the entity that you hurt became detached from the object you place.

@Lunabell, I know what caused this issue, but I'm surprised its happening, so I want to ask a few questions.

- Is this world in single player or multiplayer?
- When were those swords placed on the weapon racks? (by which I mean, which version of the game)

@Zero Dozer, from what I'm reading, the PS2 controller doesn't have Xinput, which is required for Terraria.

@Yvori, interestingly enough, the Virtual Keyboard (the name for the big gamepad keyboard) should NOT be showing up if you are using a keyboard and mouse, and I've confirmed that it does not on my end. Do you have a Gamepad hooked up when this happened? Would be curious to track down why its improperly showing up.

@NanoPi, go to the equipment menu where you put your Mounts, Pets, and Grappling Hooks. Below it will be buff icons that you can disable! :)

It is a single player world, and I checked my steam and the pics I have, it was around 1.2.4.1 version. The world is rather old, which is why I wanted to redo it. I never had a problem taking the swords off the racks till the last update. Just wasn't sure what happened.

Bug Report:

This is a bug that occurs period. I was doing nothing in particular, and it still is happening no matter how many times I exit and re-enter the game. (Newest Version 1.3.1)
When wearing Shroomite Armor Set, (with any of the helmets it still occurs) and when standing still while invisible, invisibility will completely remove itself for a small moment (about one second) and then re-engage. It's not a gradual decrease like you get when you start moving or attack once, but will turn off altogether with random time between it's intervals. This is all without any controls being touched, and a PS4 controller connected but not in use. I have attached three screenshots of my current inventory, along with my NPCs just in case. (Sorry I don't know know to make gifs.)
20160523151638_1.jpg
20160523151710_1.jpg
20160523151719_1.jpg

When wearing Shroomite Armor Set, (with any of the helmets it still occurs) and when standing still while invisible, invisibility will completely remove itself for a small moment (about one second) and then re-engage.

The Companion Cube can deal insignificant amounts of damage to the player for.. some reason or another. That's probably what's causing it.

The Companion Cube can deal insignificant amounts of damage to the player for.. some reason or another. That's probably what's causing it.

I tried removing the companion cube and it didn't work.
[doublepost=1464041560,1464041055][/doublepost]What even? It stopped all of a sudden? With me doing nothing in-between it doing it, and it stopping, besides just moving a few blocks.

I'm running on windows 10 with 6 gb's of ram, and terraria is using ~1,100,000 whenever I load a world. I have done nothing to my pc, and it only happened when I updated. If you need any more information I will try my hardest to get it. (I'm not that big of a computer person.)

@Zero Dozer, from what I'm reading, the PS2 controller doesn't have Xinput, which is required for Terraria.

So, can I install XInput or do I need a real PC controller?

I tried removing the companion cube and it didn't work.
[doublepost=1464041560,1464041055][/doublepost]What even? It stopped all of a sudden? With me doing nothing in-between it doing it, and it stopping, besides just moving a few blocks.

Welp it's still going. I think it's a bug in the code. It literally happens randomly.

Xinput is a type of input built in to the controllers. You'll need to buy one, but if you have a corded Xbox 360 controller, that will work nicely.

Actually, I think there are Dinput to Xinput conversion programs. I think x360ce would do the job nicely. Might depend on the controller though.

@Yvori, interestingly enough, the Virtual Keyboard (the name for the big gamepad keyboard) should NOT be showing up if you are using a keyboard and mouse, and I've confirmed that it does not on my end. Do you have a Gamepad hooked up when this happened? Would be curious to track down why its improperly showing up.

Oh? That's strange. I've never had anything resembling a gamepad connected to my computer here. The only things I had in were my Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse and Headphones, and my keyboard is literally attached to the rest of the computer ('tis a laptop.)
I have absolutely no idea what could be causing it to think I have a gamepad in this one situation (remember, it ONLY came up when renaming chests, not when naming characters or worlds.)
I would check to see if the same happened on my Desktop but I don't have access to it right now.

Edit:
Have confirmed it's still happening today. Not a one-time fluke.

Also, an idea for a future update: A "world-time" indicator similar to the "time played" beside each character, which will show how long the world has been played on (or in a server's case how long the server has been up in total).

Last edited:
Does anyone know specifically what the conveyor belts are suppose to interact with by pushing, I want to make a mob farm in the dungeon but the mobs seem to not be moved by them, also does anyone know if mobs can spawn on them?

I have two bugs, literal bugs I believe and nothing I can fix on my end as far as I know.

The first is that my cursor sometimes snaps to buttons, almost like a smart select, but only on the main menu, making it hard to select anything at all. The one time this happened and I accidentally loaded up a world, the cursor spun in a figure eight configuration while it loaded then was perfectly fine once within the world and once I'd backed out. This can happen on the main menu and the world select screen, I have yet to experience it on character select or creation.

The second, also affecting the main menu, is sometimes the game will not register that I'm trying to select a button, like single player, options or exit. It also does this on the character selection screen, the character creation screen and the world selection screen, basically all the main menu screens. I usually have to shut the game down manually through task manager and restart to fix the issue.

I'm running on Windows 8.1 right now and I have absolutely no mods to the game or anything that might break it. I hope I did a good job explaining my issues. I wish I could get a gif for you guys for these two things but I don't know how I'd even make one.

Not sure if this is the kind of "feedback" you mean, but I'm reposting this here to be thorough.

I very much dislike the new Magic Mirror. It looks like you went from the polished sprite to the rough draft. Where the old one looked like a faceted lens in an ornamental frame (it actually had shape and detail to it!) the new one is just flat and round. It looks like a jelly bean, or a Nyquil capsule. It's so much more boring-looking now! What about that says magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom