PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I did over exaggerate this change. I am just used to this, and none of the other needs have really affected me that much.

Such is the nature of exploits. Enjoy them while they last, because they might get patched out at any time without warning. I doubt anybody who exploited the L-houses had any kind of doubt as to whether or not the exploit would be removed. It was more a matter of when, rather than if.

Just out of curiosity, are the new spawning statues set to not let any of the enemies drop their items, like the Mimic Statue does? My friends and I got a Unicorn Statue (pre-hardmode) and I'd just like to verify that they're not meant to drop items. (It's a little sad that they don't, it makes them a bit useless for non-adventure maps, but I get why this is done.)

Unicorn statues drop all unicorn loot, but they don't seem to drop any PHM.

In expert, I'd estimate that they have 5% of their normal drop rates.

Just out of curiosity, are the new spawning statues set to not let any of the enemies drop their items, like the Mimic Statue does? My friends and I got a Unicorn Statue (pre-hardmode) and I'd just like to verify that they're not meant to drop items. (It's a little sad that they don't, it makes them a bit useless for non-adventure maps, but I get why this is done.)

As @Agastya, the new enemy statues drop their loot at a very significantly reduced rate. You also generally need to deal damage directly, rather than relying purely on trap/lava damage, though I can't confirm this for all of the new statues . . . it may only be some of them.

To be clear, Techdude, I wasn't trying to convince you to hold a different opinion, just explaining why this change made the game more fun for me, since you asked me personally.

As for gathering bunnies... it's too bad there isn't, say.. a zookeeper NPC who sells animals (including lower-value bunnies) with various uses. Or a way to set up critter traps that will fill offscreen like trees grow. Or a late-game magical weapon that can turn weak things like zombies and demon eyes into bunnies. Y'know, Fun stuff that could -totally- be worked in some time in the future. #bunnificator2k17

To be clear, Techdude, I wasn't trying to convince you to hold a different opinion, just explaining why this change made the game more fun for me, since you asked me personally.

As for gathering bunnies... it's too bad there isn't, say.. a zookeeper NPC who sells animals (including lower-value bunnies) with various uses. Or a way to set up critter traps that will fill offscreen like trees grow. Or a late-game magical weapon that can turn weak things like zombies and demon eyes into bunnies. Y'know, Fun stuff that could -totally- be worked in some time in the future. #bunnificator2k17
That would be a fantastic addition to the game! I just want to have critters readily available to convert into decorations, because some of the critters are quite rare. But with the new wiring mechanics, I could probably make some advanced critter farming mechanisms. I realize that it is not a very big issue to be honest. I still freaking love this game. I can just use flower boots now :p (And Queen bee in expert mode is really really good for monees)

Leinfors, I realize that you guys are right, I will stop pestering you guys about that topic. :). However, I have not one, but two more questions about the update. Number 1: Will critter spawn rates be buffed / tweaked? I find certain critters like scorpions to be very rare. Like, I have only seen about 7 in a character that I have over 2000 hours on. It's pretty insane how rare they are. Number 2: How do the new beehives work? Do they periodically regenerate, no matter what world you are in? Thank you guys for being great developers :D.
[doublepost=1464029945,1464029885][/doublepost]
As @Agastya, the new enemy statues drop their loot at a very significantly reduced rate. You also generally need to deal damage directly, rather than relying purely on trap/lava damage, though I can't confirm this for all of the new statues . . . it may only be some of them.
Hmm, interesting. I hope you guys added infinite bacon. I won't be disappointed if you did not. But if you did... That would be the greatest feature of the update!
[doublepost=1464030042][/doublepost]
Personally I think the best solution to the explosive bunny issue is simply to go back to how it was before 1.2.3 and have them be sold by the pirate again.
He was the one who sold them? I thought it was the party girl. That does make more sense though, since she is more rare.

Hmm, interesting. I hope you guys added infinite bacon. I won't be disappointed if you did not. But if you did... That would be the greatest feature of the update!
There is indeed infinite Bacon.

ovOijtr.png

What are the new monster and critter statues? There's penguin, unicorn, Granite Golem... Is there a list avaivable?

What is the presserator, wire bulb or junction box? Or weighted pressure plates?

Leinfors, I realize that you guys are right, I will stop pestering you guys about that topic. :). However, I have not one, but two more questions about the update. Number 1: Will critter spawn rates be buffed / tweaked? I find certain critters like scorpions to be very rare. Like, I have only seen about 7 in a character that I have over 2000 hours on. It's pretty insane how rare they are.

Scorpions have always given me a hard time, ever since they first came out . . . collecting them was quite the challenge! I'm not sure about any buffs to spawn rates though.

Number 2: How do the new beehives work? Do they periodically regenerate, no matter what world you are in?

They should automatically grow on un-occupied Jungle grass ceilings that are 2 blocks wide, Underground. :) This would apply to old worlds as well.

Medusa isn't happy.
Yeah, Medusa is a hard mode mob now. I kind of think the Medusa Head should also be buffed a little to make it a hard mode item. Or maybe not buffed like give it more damage, but change it. What would be really cool, is if when you use it on mobs and killed the mob. It would have a chance to just turn the mob into a statue if there is a statue that spawns that type of mob. :dryadhappy:

Yeah, Medusa is a hard mode mob now. I kind of think the Medusa Head should also be buffed a little to make it a hard mode item. Or maybe not buffed like give it more damage, but change it. What would be really cool, is if when you use it on mobs and killed the mob. It would have a chance to just turn the mob into a statue if there is a statue that spawns that type of mob. :dryadhappy:

The Medusa AND the Medusa Head weapon did in fact receive a moderate buff in response to the shift to Hardmode only. :) No major mechanics changes I'm afraid, just stats increased.

The Medusa AND the Medusa Head weapon did in fact receive a moderate buff in response to the shift to Hardmode only. :) No major mechanics changes I'm afraid, just stats increased.
I haven't seen the head yet, but it would have been cool if they did like I said and made it have a chance to turn the mob into a statue.

I haven't seen the head yet, but it would have been cool if they did like I said and made it have a chance to turn the mob into a statue.

Personally (and this is JUST me, and 100% not official), I think it would be cool if enemies killed with the Medusa head dropped Marble blocks. That gives an infinite source of both Marble and Granite, via different, unique ways. :)

Personally (and this is JUST me, and 100% not official), I think it would be cool if enemies killed with the Medusa head dropped Marble blocks. That gives an infinite source of both Marble and Granite, via different, unique ways. :)
Make that a suggestion thread about that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom