The Ultimate Arena (AFK/non-AFK versus Moon Events, Invasions, All-Boss)

Doesn't a new skeleton every second mess with the spawn rate? Do you think I would get better times if the same skeleton was teleported to the next track instead?

A single skeleton will not mess with the spawn rate since spawn rates are set in stone during invasions/events and the mob cap is never reached due to the high kill rate of the entire mechanism.

A single skeleton will not mess with the spawn rate since spawn rates are set in stone during invasions/events and the mob cap is never reached due to the high kill rate of the entire mechanism.
Good to know, thanks mate.

Don't the timers mess with the moon spawns though?:
Furthermore, it seems that timers somehow impact spawn rates of mobs during moon events - it's not clear why this happens though.

Don't the timers mess with the moon spawns though?:

That might have been purely coincidental, since it's so unlikely that the timers are connected to spawn rates. However, when a timerless approach was used to try to set a record for final wave time during Frost Moon, it resulted in much better final wave times pre-1.3. Interpret that as you will.

That might have been purely coincidental, since it's so unlikely that the timers are connected to spawn rates. However, when a timerless approach was used to try to set a record for final wave time during Frost Moon, it resulted in much better final wave times pre-1.3. Interpret that as you will.
It does seem odd. Just in case I've been avoiding using timers on traps since reading that.

Nicely done! It's really hard to get such a good time on mobile, so 12am final wave time is quite an impressive feat!

Yeah, but it's not working so well in the Frost Moon event I can hardly reach the 18th wave, the actuated spear traps bug is a big problem... anyways I'll keep trying different combinations

sorry if it's been asked before, but could you replace the Skeleton Statues with Target Dummies (essentially using Dummy Ghosts instead)

I made the npc version on xbox one works perfect except I don't know what happened but instead of sending the npc back to the pen upon pressing the lever again... it sends it back to the 9th row any suggestions? also the heart statues go a whole rotation throughout the hoik system then they start spawning again
*example*(http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ReXu Recon/video/18223513)

Last edited:
I use the second one with Town NPC, but my NPC just stand on the Teleporter and get stuck there. So the Heart and Star Statues doesnt work. Help me pls

It looks like a lot of the farms will need to be updated. I got back to Terraria only recently after about a 5 year hiatus to do a blind playthrough of 1.4, and I tested a lot of the farms only to find out they will need some minor overhauls. I might start up some new threads and make some fresh youtube videos if I end up doing the reworks.

I actually got it to work apparently I didn’t see it say to hook down but I got it working but also the slot machine is broken and the A1 farm doesn’t work to good with frost moon

I actually got it to work apparently I didn’t see it say to hook down but I got it working but also the slot machine is broken and the A1 farm doesn’t work to good with frost moon

The slot machine uses old school door-based randomizers, which apparently do not work anymore. Previously there was a 50/50 chance of them opening one way or the other - this was a key part of the entire hoik-based system, but from the looks of things they only open one way now. No matter though, that is easily fixed because we have dedicated randomizers to replace the door-based ones. I'll still keep as much of the old school stuff in the map as possible, because it might be of some interest how we managed to build electronics (a.k.a. hoiktronics) before the update that brought us logic gates and other tools.

Of course there might be other issues on mobile specifically, but if so then that will be out of my hands. I'm working exclusively on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom