Character Problems on Terraria IOS

Brickwiz

Terrarian
Hello world of terraria forum,

I am posting this due to my character having some issues. Whenever I load up terraria (on ios) and tap the play button, the picture of my character is glitched up. What I mean by that is, the photo of my first character is in the other character box (keep in mind that I do not have any other characters except for one). At first I only thought this was a small glitch and continued. I tapped on my character and loaded up my world. When I load my world, I am playing as a character that I do not recognize and my inventory is completely empty except for the normal starting weapons and tools (also keep in mind this is on a world I have worked on for months). My house is still there and my chests are still filled. But I don't have my original items that I had in my inventory. I originally had the Excalibur, the Drax, Hallowed armor, a Santa vanity costume, a flamethrower, a megashark, a crystal storm, a demon scythe, angle wings, and more! I do not understand why this is happening. I have not experienced any other problems in the past on this world or any previous worlds I have played on. I would like to know if I am the only one that is experiencing this. I have tried everything I can and honestly do not want to delete terraria, restart, or do anything that involves loosing my items and hard work. I do hope somebody can help me recover my items and fix this bug/glitch. I have provided some pictures as proof of what is happening to me.
IMG_2719.PNG
IMG_2720.PNG
IMG_2721.PNG

Sincerely,
Brickwiz

I have emailed 505 games and am still waiting for a response. What I think is happening is the game thinks that the world I am playing on is a tutorial world, therefore clearing my inventory and changing my character to the tutorial character. If you can, I would email 505 games too. If more people who have this same problem email 505 games they might fix this glitch.

Last edited:
I believe I fixed my problem.
I created a new character in the bottom box and went on my world. Then I played with the new character for a little bit. Then I turned off the game and went back on and my character was fixed.

Just had this problem happen to me earlier tonight, legit freaked out cause I had a lot of the endgame stuff, like the possessed hatchet, True Excalibur, ect. I tried your method, made a new character in the third slot, played for a few minutes, and Bam! My original character was back, with all my items.

All you need to do is make a character, you don't even have to play with the charather. It will put the most recent character on top, putting the button for the glitches charather at the picture, fixing it. I haven't seen it with multiple characters but I'm assuming it's just picking a a character that works and it will fix it.

All you need to do is make a character, you don't even have to play with the charather. It will put the most recent character on top, putting the button for the glitches charather at the picture, fixing it. I haven't seen it with multiple characters but I'm assuming it's just picking a a character that works and it will fix it.
Characters are listed in alphabetical order there bud.

I believe I fixed my problem.
I created a new character in the bottom box and went on my world. Then I played with the new character for a little bit. Then I turned off the game and went back on and my character was fixed.
THANK YOU SOO MUCH COLE_W!! YOU ARE MY HERO!! I CANT BELIEVE IT WORKED!! EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAD THIS PROBLEM DO IT!! IT SAVED MY LIFE!!

I did it guess what. I F*CKING LOSE HIM I HAD 999+ PLATANIUM WITH ALL SPECIAL ARMORS AND ALL BOSSES KILLED I HATE YOUO MAN GIVE A SOLUTION OR I WILL F*CKING REPORT

Um...For ios it seems to happen a lot,but for android it doesn't seems to happen,and for people's character problem,if you have it as the cloud character and world,just simply detele terraria and redownload it,for local characters,if Cole's advice did not work,then just wait for an update(basicly redownload,exept no data will be removed.)and that should most likely fix your problem.
[doublepost=1464142543,1464142349][/doublepost]
I did it guess what. I F*CKING LOSE HIM I HAD 999+ PLATANIUM WITH ALL SPECIAL ARMORS AND ALL BOSSES KILLED I HATE YOUO MAN GIVE A SOLUTION OR I WILL F*CKING REPORT
Although...999+platinum...coins?I'm just gonna guess it is coins,I don't quite think that is possible(not quite,just 0.0000001%,due to you need days of game play at least.)without tricks(i really don't know what trick there could be to get 999+ platinium other than duplicate gitch.) or cheats,otherwise just lying.Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom