Guide Complete Animated Guide to Teleporters!

Does anyone know if someone already tried to make a "huge"(potentially large world sized) wire grid(as in, every tile has a wire) and tested how well teleporter activation manages to find furthest teleporter?
OK, so it's only a small world, since it's a little time consuming filling it in with wire using the big brush (best I could do), but here, they have now!

In single player, activating ALL THE WIRE causes a ~5 second lock up of the game, but you arrive at destniation ok. Multiplayer has the same delay, but interestingly you are able to move around during that time, and even remove the origin teleporter pad(!) and still get teleported ok:

Even more, you can remove origin and destination pads (and their wiring) while the wire search is in progress (after they have both already been found), you will still be teleported! heh:
So there you go.
Anyway, regarding changes to teleporters in 1.3.1 - the only one I'm aware of is that you can't place pad behind you any more, so you can't use them as a 'novelty ladder'. RIP:

Last edited:
OK, so it's only a small world, since it's a little time consuming filling it in with wire using the big brush (best I could do), but here, they have now!
Thank you, terraria's engine continues to amaze me. I was actually hoping that it would stop searching after x number of branching, but this is interesting and impressive too. Can you maybe check if terraria's memory usage spikes(and how badly(edit: rough eyeball estimate is enough, no need to log and graph it :))) while searching? And can I maybe have a download of the wire world? Not sure what I'd test in it yet, but if it's not too much trouble. Or just tell me the editor you used and I'll try to make my own.

Last edited:
check if terraria's memory usage spikes(and how badly) while searching?
The task manager process didn't seem to shift at all, was mostly just watching the processor usage though, pegged at 16% (on my old hex core).

Here's the world file, attached. It's super-small, cos there's no blocks in it, heh.

Attachments

• WireWorld1.wld
    21.4 KB · Views: 187
Question. How does Zero make his gfycat gifs much longer? Here is one I made (and possibly making a new thread about it, yes it is totally unrelated to teleporters)

It was supposed to go on after that jump on the hammered stairs.

Question. How does Zero make his gfycat gifs much longer?
gfycat.com/faq
What’s the maximum duration I can upload?
Is it a video file or video URL? The maximum duration we will output is 15 seconds. You can load in any video of any length and edit the time down to 15 seconds or less.
Is it a .gif file? Then, there is no maximum duration BUT the quality will likely be poorer due to the source file being a .gif file.

Hey!
I new T-MEC and I just want some wiring basics.
Thanks!
[doublepost=1502292274,1502132054][/doublepost]Woah!

This is awesome! I have watched this stuff since it came out, and I'm finally trying to take my part in it! I'm still so clueless to all this programing stuff it blows my mind, But I found out a way to use teleporters with logic sensors, and I know its sort of already covered but I feel like nobody ever looked into this enof.
If you hook up a logic sensor and use a dart trap, spear trap, cannon or portal gun and have them shoot a teal pressure plate. I found sooooo much possibility for automatic teleportation and it can change your spawn point. does anyone know any other things you can do with this? I found on top of changing a spawn point you can add mesages n the game like "welcome to main base" or somthing like that

Still tho I feel like a pebble in a huge pond, but I will still try my best to take my part as much as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom