1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
while using grappling hook you can hook thru tall gates.
is that a bug or not?

@Williams, could you provide more details on this issue? I wasn't able to replicate it. What were the conditions? The grappling hook you used? A screenshot would be helpful as well.

All cannons (regular cannon, bunny cannon, portal gun station) don't shoot in multiplayer (works in solo) after wiring them with trap/projectile pressure plate system.

Thanks for the report @Daria_O, we've figured out what the issue is and are looking into it. :)

Last edited:
Some bugs that I've noticed so far...

1. Map zooming with a controller uses the opposite buttons than what the screen tooltip shows. For example it says LT zoom in and RT zoom out, when it's actually the opposite.
2. When exiting the setting menu in game, your inventory opens up.
3. Often the game is detecting a double jump with a cloud in a bottle when the button is only pressed once.
4. The NPC's are spazzing out if you have a house built with a door on each end and zombies are at both doors. It's highly comical, but when you start to build up NPCs it could cause a seizure.

Questions...
1. Is it possible to get rid of that overlay that appears around the cursor when you don't have smart cursor enabled? Since I'm playing from the couch with a controller, that grid makes it had to see where you're placing blocks, items.
2. What exactly does "thumbstick cursor snap" do?
3. Can you use the new lock on function when just using mouse and keyboard? I love this new feature, but it's now active when just using mouse and keyboard.
4. In the future, would it be possible to add a zoom feature like that in the PS4 edition. Makes playing from the couch much easier on the eyes.

Geyser Duplication Bug
1: Place a geyser on the ground.
2: Place a door next to the geyser, so it looks like the embedded image.
3: Open and close the door repeatedly.
Related bug: Geysers that are ~3 tiles away from a door (1 farther than shown) frequently bug out/don't fire, or disappear entirely.

d0d4726ab4.jpg

I've been doing a new playthrough with some friends for this update, and together we've found several issues. All of the following have occurred as a player (not as a host) on a multiplayer server, without mods, where all players were using Windows 7 or Windows 8:
  • Horizontal movement on rope goes faster than the camera, and it is entirely possible for a character to creep all the way off screen with enough sideways rope. The camera takes a little while to catch up.
  • When there's a backwall, Wall Creeper Statues can spawn an unlimited number of Wall Creepers. Very easily got some Wall Creeper Banners from mass murdering a room of several dozen of the things.
  • Geyser traps have several issues. You can place them on platforms but they immediately break. They also occasionally become temporarily invisible but still function normally. More pressing however, is that when successfully placed up against a door and the door is repeatedly slammed, occasionally Geysers will spawn duplicates. The server host was the only one unable to replicate the duplication, but could still see it happening. Of note, when the door is opened and closed, whether or not the Geyser spawns a duplicate, its graphic changes to other sprite variations.
  • Under some unknown condition that I have been unable to replicate since, I was able to place wire (any combination of colors) with The Grand Design when there was no wire in my inventory. The wire created in this way did not span the entire length of The Grand Design's placement lines, acting as if I did not have enough wire to complete it, even though I could continuously keep placing new wire without any. The created wire was visible to everyone and could be collected normally, which resulted in our group gaining several thousand pieces of wire for free very shortly after obtaining the Mechanic.
There's probably more I don't remember at the moment, but I figured I'd mention these since I hadn't seen anyone else do so.

Edit: Someone beat me to the Geyser duplication bug in the time it took me to post this, but it was probably still worth mentioning. :p

The rope thing has been since 1.3, the geyser issues have been reported, but the other ones should go in the PC Bug Reports section.
Ah, I didn't notice that section was being used for 1.3.1 yet because this thread existed and was being directed to by the home page. For clarification, what kind of bugs should be reported in this thread as opposed to that section of the forums? Or should all bugs be posted in both places? (This isn't meant to be sarcastic, just sincerely curious.)

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but critters don't move in the intended direction of conveyor belts. In fact, they move as if they were any normal block. Tested with Buggy, Worm, Squirrel, and Penguin statues.

20160525224930_1.jpg

I got this bug. If you on mount (i don`t test others) and try open chest the chest open and close on the sime time, you can hear the chest noise and see for the moment what insaid (sorry for english)

Well, not bug, but feedback about the new statues.

First of all, the new monster statues. Why is the drop rate for the new statue monsters REDUCED? I mean, seriously? I did my testing with Harpy Statues and Feathers seldom appear. I got a Banner from the kills before I had the THIRD Feather. Can you guys PLEASE make the new Statue monsters drop rate NORMAL as the current ones? I could use farming Granite without having to dive underground.

Second, the critter statues. Cool, you can CRAFT THEM at a Heavy Workbench, but what damn use is it for if you can't even capture the critters it spawns? Are you guys serious? Why would I use the critter statues (Especially the Worm Statue, the most useful of them) if I can't capture them?

If you guys are gonna insert new active statues like that, MAKE THEM WORTH USING. Fix the drop rate for those new statues and make those critters capturable, because the new statues as they are now are USELESS for those who use them exclusively for farming.

Ah, I didn't notice that section was being used for 1.3.1 yet because this thread existed and was being directed to by the home page. For clarification, what kind of bugs should be reported in this thread as opposed to that section of the forums? Or should all bugs be posted in both places? (This isn't meant to be sarcastic, just sincerely curious.)
All bugs SHOULD go to the other forum, as sending them here won't get much done directly, but you can put them here without expectations.

I turned my pet and light pet buffs off and now I can't get them back on because THERE IS NO BUTTON to turn them back on. Logging off and back into a world doesn't solve it. Switching pets doesn't solve it.

Dear ReLogic, where the hell are my pets???

Last edited:
I turned my pet and light pet buffs off and now I can't get them back on because THERE IS NO BUTTON to turn them back on. Logging off and back into a world doesn't solve it. Switching pets doesn't solve it.

WHERE THE HELL ARE MY PETS?
You can toggle the visibility of each one on or off from your equipment menu, I believe.

Have you looked at your equipment menu (you know, where your pets, mounts, hooks and minecarts go)? You can toggle the visibility of each one on or off, I believe.

It was the very first place I looked, unless there is an icon I am not seeing to configure this.

The little eyeball button. Top right corner. Looks just like the ones on the Accessory slots.

Oh, god, I really didn't notice the eye icons at the top right corner of each pet slot (or the accessory slots for that matter). It solved the problem. I'm feeling blind and dumb now.

I have mixed feelings about the critter statue change. You add in all these critter statues, but you also nuke the ability to capture them. Meaning making them functional is ENTIRELY pointless/worthless/useless.

I am not sure where to ask this question, so please excuse me if I'm in a wrong thread. It's a question about the mechanics of the logic gates.
The problem is, if let's say a logic gate is connected to a trap, the trap goes on both when the logic gate turns on and off. Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but is there a way to negate this effect and make the trap go on only when the logic gates turns on but not when it turns off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom