PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What upgrade does the hardmode Granite get? I don't get it...

I know Medusa is now a Hardmode enemy but how does it upgrade Granite?
No one said anything about Medusa upgrading Granite. They were talking about the fact that, as it is now, Marble gets "upgraded" by the shift to hardmode (by gaining the Medusa as a possible spawn), while Granite gets no such upgrade from the shift to hardmode (i.e. there are no new enemies that spawn there).

No one said anything about Medusa upgrading Granite. They were talking about the fact that, as it is now, Marble gets "upgraded" by the shift to hardmode (by gaining the Medusa as a possible spawn), while Granite gets no such upgrade from the shift to hardmode (i.e. there are no new enemies that spawn there).
So would you want Granite Elemental to be moved to Hardmode with the other Elementals?

Just a thought, but the map "Tales of the Terrarian" refers to an inhabitant of the world of Terraria. That's the definition of "Terrarian", but if we look at a certain endgame Yo-Yo, it's called the Terrarian. What if, maybe, this Yo-Yo contains the soul of a fallen Terrarian hero, thus having this name?

Just a thought, but the map "Tales of the Terrarian" refers to an inhabitant of the world of Terraria. That's the definition of "Terrarian", but if we look at a certain endgame Yo-Yo, it's called the Terrarian. What if, maybe, this Yo-Yo contains the soul of a fallen Terrarian hero, thus having this name?

TotT is fan-made. Any implications it makes about the lore should not be considered canon.

TotT is fan-made. Any implications it makes about the lore should not be considered canon.
I simply said what it refers to, it had absolutely nothing to do with the map itself, as "Terrarian" really does mean an inhabitant of the world of Terraria. I simply included the map in my statement because that's what really made me start thinking about this, and I know it's fan-made.

So would you want Granite Elemental to be moved to Hardmode with the other Elementals?
What I'd like to see is both Granite and Marble to each get a new monster. Marble needs a new pre HM monster and Granite a new HM one.
Actually both Granite and Marble could stand several more monsters in general. If you compare them to the Mushroom mini biome, which is roughly the same size, they look pretty bare. Mushroom has seven unique monsters and two unique critters while as Granite and Marble only have two unique monsters each.

What I'd like to see is both Granite and Marble to each get a new monster. Marble needs a new pre HM monster and Granite a new HM one.
Actually both Granite and Marble could stand several more monsters in general. If you compare them to the Mushroom mini biome, which is roughly the same size, they look pretty bare. Mushroom has seven unique monsters and two unique critters while as Granite and Marble only have two unique monsters each.

It's kind of hard creating unique enemies for so boring biomes. With all the other biomes the terrain is unique. In both of these biomes it's just different colored rock with houses themed after it. That is why those two biomes are my least favorite although the enemies are the most unique. The four of them. Combined.

Hey you created Pink Gel right?

It's kind of hard creating unique enemies for so boring biomes.
I can see where you're coming from when it comes to Granite. It's honestly pretty difficult for me to think of any new monsters for that biome (maybe cavemen or troglodytes, or big granite turtles?), but Marble is a different story. It has a Greco-Roman theme so there's a ton of mythological creatures to draw from when creating new monsters.

Hey you created Pink Gel right?
Yeah. I mean I made the suggestion, the Re-Logic team were the ones that actually created it.

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to Granite. It's honestly pretty difficult for me to think of any new monsters for that biome (maybe cavemen or troglodytes, or big granite turtles?), but Marble is a different story. It has a Greco-Roman theme so there's a ton of mythological creatures to draw from when creating new monsters.

Yeah. I mean I made the suggestion, the Re-Logic team were the ones that actually created it.

With the Granite Biome there could just be a buch of different living granite statues with different AIs

Like a large Granite Golem with cannons instead of arms. And it would shoot.... Granite boulders!

Speaking of Boulders and Pink Gel, imagine if it was possible to create pink boulders that bounce around.

giphy.gif

literally right now ヽ(〃^▽^〃)ノ

I just want to say thank you to the development team. You guys are amazing, you keep this game alive and make it even better after all these years. I particularly enjoyed this update because it enables so many new things that can be built. Keep up the good work! :cool:
P.S. Can't want for the creative mode ;)

Oh... My...

I turn around for one <Period of Time Here>... and you guys go and add so much awesome to the game! I really need to conclude "Book 1" of ART and maybe play some Terraria again... o_O!

Medusa change was one of my favorites in this update,since they are hardmode and stuff. And also because the Medusa Head deals 45 base dmg instead of 28 (yay). Thanks devs!

I got it the day it came out and I couldn't play servers~o_O
That's most likely because the servers themselves had not yet updated. Multiplayer only works when both the server and the clients (that's you) are running the same versions.

Immediately updating to a new version isn't always the best if you play servers, mods, etc. It can take a while for everyone to catch up. You can adjust your auto-update settings in your Steam or GOG Galaxy clients.

I love how there are 10-plus pages of replies from people who haven't played the update yet (Sunday).
Having played every day since I think it was a great update and, starting a new world, it makes defeating Skeletron the biggest game-changer.
I love the higher-resolution graphics !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom