Grand Design wire-path weirdness

After reading the below, or if you already knew, do you like how this works?

• Yes, seems easy enough.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No, I wish it always went the same way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda, but there's got to be a better way.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
I'm tempted to make this a bug report, but for now I'll just point it out to you guys. Let me know what you think.

OK, suppose I draw a wire from upper left, to lower right. Sometimes it forms an L, sometimes it makes a flipped L (a crude 7 shape). At first I thought this was random, I finally realized it's controlled by my facing. If I'm facing left, it does horizontal first (flipped L), if I face right, it does vertical first (upright L).

Maybe this is an actual intended feature, but it seems very strange to me. It would be less confusing if it always did the same thing. You could still control it by simply drawing from the other end.

How about renaming this thread to "Grand Design wire path weirdness or feature" (from thread tools). Then add a vote to the thread, either way, and we'll see. :) You can add in this Gif, to your top post if you like (although, I imagine most will see it here anyway):

I honestly hadn't figured out what was going on there, so thank you. :)

Maybe this is an actual intended feature, but it seems very strange to me. It would be less confusing if it always did the same thing. You could still control it by simply drawing from the other end.
This is most definitely an intended feature. It's just about impossible to accidentally factor in the palyer's direction when determining how to perform the Mass Wire Operation (that's the technical term btw). And I honestly think it's good that it's this way, because otherwise, if you realize it's the wron way around, you'd need to cancel your current drawing and start anew (or just draw only one line and draw the other one seperately. Thus, I completely agree with @Hiromi_teija above.
[doublepost=1464460327,1464460282][/doublepost]
That's not a gif. :p Good points otherwise though.
It actually is, just embedded using the MEDIA tag, which adds playback controls.

Back
Top Bottom