PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Redstone
d64.gif

I just wanna say, major congrats with the controller support. I tried my XB1 controller tonight, and it worked straight off the bat... no trouble at all. Nice.

No, you could combine a Boulder with Pink Gel to make a Pink Boulder that bounces around.
I did a mock up of a Bouncy Boulder if you want to use it.
Bouncy Boulder.png

While I was at it I also did a Sticky Boulder.
Sticky Boulder.png
I'm not certain how that would work or why anyone would want one, but there you go.

Noticed on steam forums that you can switch between corruption/crimson during world generation by pressing RT on the controller. Is that true, and if so is it possible to do with keyboard/mouse somehow?

Noticed on steam forums that you can switch between corruption/crimson during world generation by pressing RT on the controller. Is that true, and if so is it possible to do with keyboard/mouse somehow?
Is this confirmed for real?

Can you provide a link? I'd be surprised if this was true, given that it wasn't announced in the change log.

We actually have no idea who runs the Steam Forums for Terraria, it is in no way an official outlet for news.

I still have my doubts that this is accurate. Corruption and Crimson have fundamentally different generation shapes and patterns, I don't think it's possible that you could notice it generating one type, then switch it over to the other mid-stream. There's more to it than just changing the tile and wall types.

Perhaps the report is stating that having RT pressed yields one type of world, not having it pressed yields the other - I also have my doubts about that. I'll make sure that @Leinfors notices this, though.

I still have my doubts that this is accurate. Corruption and Crimson have fundamentally different generation shapes and patterns, I don't think it's possible that you could notice it generating one type, then switch it over to the other mid-stream. There's more to it than just changing the tile and wall types.

Perhaps the report is stating that having RT pressed yields one type of world, not having it pressed yields the other - I also have my doubts about that. I'll make sure that @Leinfors notices this, though.

After testing this I have found that RT restarts the generation process.

When the world starts generating, the XBox buttons for when you name your world still appears in the lower left corner. I think that when you press RT the name is submitted again, thus resetting generation.

Edit:
The crashes might be because generation is started again without the old generation being unloaded. That is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom