Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I think it's time to show a small sneak peak at the new pyramid of STW:
AgsmwQe.png

Enjoy! ;)
[doublepost=1463370491,1457495568][/doublepost]Here is a sneak peak of the new Quest Log coming soon!
EjWhj07.png

May 21th 2016
The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here! 1.3.1 is releasing this Sunday and so we've got you covered on what to do the day before the new Terraria update! We are releasing STW 1.8.4a! This update is really great because we've been teasing several new things from this release over on our Twitter account and now we can happily release it for you all to enjoy!

In this release you'll find the Praesidium Fortress which is housed in our brand new Region: The Ferrousanguis Kingdom! If you hadn't guessed @Khaios spent 2-3 weeks working on this built and you can truly see the attention to detail he has put into it. @Jestex made over 26 custom furniture sprites and 10 new NPCs types just for this area! Since we have this region released you can FINALLY finish Miki's Delivery Service Quest and get a cliffhanger of what's to come! You really need to get in game, complete the quest and explore this amazing fort! We promise that more content will be come to the fort in the near future. :)

We also took this time to update our Quest Log! Hopefully you recognize the original layout from the already in game Achievements UI. On the new Quests UI you can filter your quests by what Region they originated in. Your most recent log entry will be displayed for each quest and if you click on the quest the whole log will be displayed. If you want to see the awesome quest icons by @Jestex in full color you'll have to complete the quest!

You'll also get to try out some of our new combat mechanics in this release. You might have seen this video of our new charge shot for bows! Hold down right click to charge your shot to increase your damage and arrow's speed! We've also added right click attacks to the following weapon types:

• Broad Swords: Lower your mobility, and hold up your sword to block that incoming attack! Any damage you receive will be reduced!
  • Pistols: It's time to use that little gun for some smacking! Use the right click to hit away enemies that get too close!
  • Staves: Similarly to the bow, charge up your spell to increase it's size and damage! It will cost you more mana so don't miss!
  • Spears: A charged attack to unleash a strong knockback attack!

We've listen to your feedback as well for an indication for when you can enter a background room/transition point. Now when you are in front of or standing in the correct location a graphical UP, Down, or Up & Down arrow will bob up and down above your head!

There are a bunch of other updates, additions, and bug fixes (like the mini map!!) in this release, so please check out the release log below for all of them.

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.8.4a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Access to the Ferrousanguis Region has been
            opened up! Head to the West in Sivania to
            find the trade route tunnel to Ferrousanguis.

* ~!!!~ The exciting conclusion to Miki's Delivery
            service has been implemented!

* ~!!!~ A brand new and beautiful Quest Log has been
            implement.

* ~!!!~ Alternative right-click attack mechanics added
            added for the following weapons:
             * Bows: Charged Shot
             * BroadSwords: Block
             * Pistols: Melee Swing
             * Staves: Charged Shot
             * Spears: Charged Stab
             * More to come soon!
    * Added Arrow (Up, Down, and Up & Down) indications
      above the player's head when standing in front of a
      teleport/transition location.

* Added 10 new NPC types that can be found in the
      Praesidium Fortress.

* Added 26 new furniture sprites, most can be found in
      the Praesidium Fortress.

* Added Shackled Debuff:
       * Movement speed reduced severely, can not use items,
         and thrown in jail

* Added the following Hotkeys:
       * C: Opens Chemsitry Menu
       * L: Opens the Quest Log
       * O: Opens the Lore Log

* Updated quest log text for nearly each quest.

* Doors will now try to open the opposite direction
      the player is facing if they cannot open the way
      that the player is facing.

* Added our own title and subtitle to the application.

* Fireworks now shoot off when the player gains a
      level.

* Added new "nuetral" NPC AI. The first NPC to have
      this AI is the Ferrousanguis Soldiers. They are
      friendly towards the player, but will attack back
      if struck first. More town type NPCs with this AI
      will be added.

* The Angler in Sivania now sells bait!

* The Frozen Merchant can no longer be killed by
      enemies.

* Removed Sandbox Mode - Will be replaced shortly with
      something better.

* Removed Multiplayer since it does not work yet.

* Fixed the minimap not saving bug - yay!

* Fixed a nasty bug causing traps to fire off way
      too quickly in the Pyramid Dungeon when a player
      leaves Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a nasty bug causing ore to respawn way
      too quickly in Mines when a player leaves
      Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a bug causing ores to not return to their
      normal color after Save and Exiting from Sivania.

* Fixed a bug that caused two acorns to automatically
      be planted when a tree is chopped instead of just 1.

* Fixed a bug causing the background images in
      Sivania's Desert Outpost from drawing correctly.

* Fixed various enemie NPC spawn issues.

* Fixed a bug where the Angler's Terraria Quest was
      was not using the STW terminology: Challenge

* Can no longer say "Yes" or "No" right after the
      Demolitionist says you need to train your skills to
      start Minecart Madness.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Last edited:
When will this be supported for Mac? It seems like a really cool map/mod/whatever it is. The builds are fantastic (as all of your builds are, Khaios), and it seems very original!

May 21th 2016
The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here! 1.3.1 is releasing this Sunday and so we've got you covered on what to do the day before the new Terraria update! We are releasing STW 1.8.4a! This update is really great because we've been teasing several new things from this release over on our Twitter account and now we can happily release it for you all to enjoy!

In this release you'll find the Praesidium Fortress which is housed in our brand new Region: The Ferrousanguis Kingdom! If you hadn't guessed @Khaios spent 2-3 weeks working on this built and you can truly see the attention to detail he has put into it. @Jestex made over 26 custom furniture sprites and 10 new NPCs types just for this area! Since we have this region released you can FINALLY finish Miki's Delivery Service Quest and get a cliffhanger of what's to come! You really need to get in game, complete the quest and explore this amazing fort! We promise that more content will be come to the fort in the near future. :)

We also took this time to update our Quest Log! Hopefully you recognize the original layout from the already in game Achievements UI. On the new Quests UI you can filter your quests by what Region they originated in. Your most recent log entry will be displayed for each quest and if you click on the quest the whole log will be displayed. If you want to see the awesome quest icons by @Jestex in full color you'll have to complete the quest!

You'll also get to try out some of our new combat mechanics in this release. You might have seen this video of our new charge shot for bows! Hold down right click to charge your shot to increase your damage and arrow's speed! We've also added right click attacks to the following weapon types:

• Broad Swords: Lower your mobility, and hold up your sword to block that incoming attack! Any damage you receive will be reduced!
  • Pistols: It's time to use that little gun for some smacking! Use the right click to hit away enemies that get too close!
  • Staves: Similarly to the bow, charge up your spell to increase it's size and damage! It will cost you more mana so don't miss!
  • Spears: A charged attack to unleash a strong knockback attack!

We've listen to your feedback as well for an indication for when you can enter a background room/transition point. Now when you are in front of or standing in the correct location a graphical UP, Down, or Up & Down arrow will bob up and down above your head!

There are a bunch of other updates, additions, and bug fixes (like the mini map!!) in this release, so please check out the release log below for all of them.

Code:
********************** Version 1.8.4a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Access to the Ferrousanguis Region has been
            opened up! Head to the West in Sivania to
            find the trade route tunnel to Ferrousanguis.

* ~!!!~ The exciting conclusion to Miki's Delivery
            service has been implemented!

* ~!!!~ A brand new and beautiful Quest Log has been
            implement.

* ~!!!~ Alternative right-click attack mechanics added
            added for the following weapons:
             * Bows: Charged Shot
             * BroadSwords: Block
             * Pistols: Melee Swing
             * Staves: Charged Shot
             * Spears: Charged Stab
             * More to come soon!
    * Added Arrow (Up, Down, and Up & Down) indications
      above the player's head when standing in front of a
      teleport/transition location.

* Added 10 new NPC types that can be found in the
      Praesidium Fortress.

* Added 26 new furniture sprites, most can be found in
      the Praesidium Fortress.

* Added Shackled Debuff:
       * Movement speed reduced severely, can not use items,
         and thrown in jail

* Added the following Hotkeys:
       * C: Opens Chemsitry Menu
       * L: Opens the Quest Log
       * O: Opens the Lore Log

* Updated quest log text for nearly each quest.

* Doors will now try to open the opposite direction
      the player is facing if they cannot open the way
      that the player is facing.

* Added our own title and subtitle to the application.

* Fireworks now shoot off when the player gains a
      level.

* Added new "nuetral" NPC AI. The first NPC to have
      this AI is the Ferrousanguis Soldiers. They are
      friendly towards the player, but will attack back
      if struck first. More town type NPCs with this AI
      will be added.

* The Angler in Sivania now sells bait!

* The Frozen Merchant can no longer be killed by
      enemies.

* Removed Sandbox Mode - Will be replaced shortly with
      something better.

* Removed Multiplayer since it does not work yet.

* Fixed the minimap not saving bug - yay!

* Fixed a nasty bug causing traps to fire off way
      too quickly in the Pyramid Dungeon when a player
      leaves Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a nasty bug causing ore to respawn way
      too quickly in Mines when a player leaves
      Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a bug causing ores to not return to their
      normal color after Save and Exiting from Sivania.

* Fixed a bug that caused two acorns to automatically
      be planted when a tree is chopped instead of just 1.

* Fixed a bug causing the background images in
      Sivania's Desert Outpost from drawing correctly.

* Fixed various enemie NPC spawn issues.

* Fixed a bug where the Angler's Terraria Quest was
      was not using the STW terminology: Challenge

* Can no longer say "Yes" or "No" right after the
      Demolitionist says you need to train your skills to
      start Minecart Madness.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
I'm looking forward to the neutral AI :)

When will this be supported for Mac? It seems like a really cool map/mod/whatever it is. The builds are fantastic (as all of your builds are, Khaios), and it seems very original!
Why, thank you! Glad you like the builds!

Sadly, however, there is no ETA for support on any operating system other than PC.
The issue is that none of our coders have access to a Macintosh computer, so they don't have the means of even attempting to work on Mac support. Additionally, if they were to get a hold of one, the next issue becomes time. Since we all work on the mod during our off hours between work/school/life, finding the time to re-code the mod to support additional OS's will be hard.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out mac support ever coming. As the mod grows, we may find ourselves with the capability and time to code those supports! I'm sorry you're unable to experience the mod in its current state, but be patient with us, and hopefully it's worth the wait! ^.^

This seems really interesting.

Hopefully this turns out as awesome as it sounds. ^.^

Looks like I'll be watching this thread for a while.

There is no final plan to support Mac at this time mostly because we don't have Macs to verify that it works. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to dedicate some dev time to this though.

I'm looking forward to the neutral AI :)
Yeah I cannot wait to add some more NPCs besides the Melee Soldier!

Why, thank you! Glad you like the builds!

Sadly, however, there is no ETA for support on any operating system other than PC.
The issue is that none of our coders have access to a Macintosh computer, so they don't have the means of even attempting to work on Mac support. Additionally, if they were to get a hold of one, the next issue becomes time. Since we all work on the mod during our off hours between work/school/life, finding the time to re-code the mod to support additional OS's will be hard.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out mac support ever coming. As the mod grows, we may find ourselves with the capability and time to code those supports! I'm sorry you're unable to experience the mod in its current state, but be patient with us, and hopefully it's worth the wait! ^.^

There is no final plan to support Mac at this time mostly because we don't have Macs to verify that it works. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to dedicate some dev time to this though.

That's too bad, but I'm sure this mod will grow large enough to accommodate Macs and other things. I already know it's worth the wait, and even if it takes a few years, I will be waiting.

And I might buy a PC. Just in case :p

When I create a character and click "play" (go into the worlds menu) , the game crashes. help plz ?
I've tried installing STW with Terraria 1.3.1 installed and it gives me this error as well. I'm sorry to say you may have to wait until we release STW updated for 1.3.1. With that said it should be happening pretty soon because we've finished updating it, but we want to release a new tutorial quest with it and that is still in development.

Also, is anyone able to post there STW player file here? I need a test subject for porting over STW to 1.3.1 and all of my STW players are already ported over (I forgot to back them earlier >__<).

We've gotten some feedback, and verified that STW was not compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. So we are making this small release to bring STW compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. While this update is small we've also been working on a new tutorial quest which will be released soon! We are also thinking about all the exciting new ways to use the 1.3.1 features in STW to make the adventure even more fun and unique! So stay tuned for these future updates. Please check the changelog below for all the minor updates included in this release as well.

In other news, we've got a new Discord server up and running where all of us STW devs hang out! If you want to chat or discuss STW with us, you can find us in this channel: https://discord.gg/0136jhtpUvdW54OUU

Code:
********************** Version 1.8.5a *********************
    * Updated STW to Terraria 1.3.1.

* Added last known location for player to spawn when
      loading in the world.

* Ice Imps are spawning again for Frozen Mirror on the
      Wall quest.

* Can no longer swing sword when blocking.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Edit: @Koza Sniezna This version of STW should work for you now. Please let me know if you have any more problems. :)

i need help it keeps telling me this:

6/5/2016 6:52:56 AM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.LoadBackground(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

i installed it correctly according to the video :/

i need help it keeps telling me this:

6/5/2016 6:52:56 AM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Terraria.Main.LoadBackground(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

i installed it correctly according to the video :/
Can you navigate to this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\STW\Images and verify that STW_Background_0.xnb is there with a screenshot?

Back
Top Bottom