Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Sadly, I'm not a great artist / creative person in that regard, lol. Interesting idea with the boxes, though it sounds much more like an adventure map tool (block puzzles lol), and generating structures in-world can be dangerous (can wreck player constructions, etc.).

I can code things pretty well, but I'd need someone else to lead the project / provide ideas / make art / etc..
take a look around the forum, coders are in demand, there is alot of people out there with grand ideas but little coding experience. also this thread usually has a good number of questions in need of answers, if u got a wealth of knowledge, feel free to spread it, nobodys gonna hate lol

the art department, yeah it can be challenging, but you can do as bluemagic123 did with examplemod and keep it simple, i actually like how his ExamplePerson looks lol. also, there are artists out there waiting for a good coder.

and yeah those were adventure map ideas, i love level design XD, also 1.3.1. really compliments adventure maps, so why not?
[doublepost=1464641340,1464641078][/doublepost]
Would someone be so kind as to give me the Ai number of the Bat AI? Thanks :)

take a look around the forum, coders are in demand, there is alot of people out there with grand ideas but little coding experience. also this thread usually has a good number of questions in need of answers, if u got a wealth of knowledge, feel free to spread it, nobodys gonna hate lol

the art department, yeah it can be challenging, but you can do as bluemagic123 did with examplemod and keep it simple, i actually like how his ExamplePerson looks lol. also, there are artists out there waiting for a good coder.

and yeah those were adventure map ideas, i love level design XD, also 1.3.1. really compliments adventure maps, so why not?
[doublepost=1464641340,1464641078][/doublepost]
Thanks! Is there any list in which I can view all of em? I tried the Vanilla NPC Ids but that didn't work.

i'd like to suggest a small change to the OP, i feel like next to the mod's version, you should state for what version of terraria it is, specially because we can expect a hotfix update soon, and 1.3.2 later after that, and needing to search through the replies to check the mod's game version shouldn't be necesary ;)

Some news: the Mac and Linux versions have been updated to v0.8.1! They will now work with Terraria v1.3.1.

That was... way easier than I was expecting. I probably should have tried it earlier. Oh well.

i'd like to suggest a small change to the OP, i feel like next to the mod's version, you should state for what version of terraria it is, specially because we can expect a hotfix update soon, and 1.3.2 later after that, and needing to search through the replies to check the mod's game version shouldn't be necesary ;)
That's a good idea, I'll get to that right away.

Some news: the Mac and Linux versions have been updated to v0.8.1! They will now work with Terraria v1.3.1.

That was... way easier than I was expecting. I probably should have tried it earlier. Oh well.

That's a good idea, I'll get to that right away.

Does this mean you're planning on working on the multiplayer mob, boss bug next?

Is it possible to use a Pixel Shader effect through tModLoader, like a .fx file?
I have a standalone mod that I want to attempt to port over that uses it.

Huh, to be honest I'm not sure how you got it to work earlier. Until someone with the GoG version decides to help us, there is no GoG support.

I have the GOG version of Terraria and quite a bit of experience with C#, though no real experience with modding Terraria besides some looking around in the decompiled source. Where would I start to figuring out what needs to be done to get this working with the GOG version?

Is it possible to use a Pixel Shader effect through tModLoader, like a .fx file?
That will be possible sometime in the future, probably after biome support is finished.

I have the GOG version of Terraria and quite a bit of experience with C#, though no real experience with modding Terraria besides some looking around in the decompiled source. Where would I start to figuring out what needs to be done to get this working with the GOG version?
First you'll need to get one of the versions from the Github: https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/releases
Then you'll need to run setup.bat, then click on the Setup button (which just runs Decompile, Patch Merged, Patch Terraria, and Patch tModLoader buttons for you). Hopefully there won't be any errors, but if there are then that's where programming knowledge comes in, for manually applying the bad patches. Your computer might block a bunch of dll files and ILSpy.exe for being downloaded from the Internet, so you might need to unblock them for everything to work properly (specifically in the setup/lib folder).
After all that is done, you should be able to open solutions/tModLoader.sln then compile WindowsRelease and WindowsServerRelease. Then you'll need to use bsdiff to create a patch file between the vanilla Terraria and tModLoader, then this patch file can be distributed (similar to how tModLoader was distributed when it was first released). This way we can distribute tModLoader even without the steam checks given that the people already the GoG version. The reason we haven't been able to do this yet is that none of us have the GoG version to decompile, and especially because none of us have the vanilla GoG version to create the patch file from.

Awesome, that all sounds pretty straight forward. I will tinker with it in my free time over the next couple weeks and see if I can come up with anything useful. :)

I also wanted to add, if you wanted to make it happen quicker, you could code it up and submit a merge request to github, if you were motivated enough

I also wanted to add, if you wanted to make it happen quicker, you could code it up and submit a merge request to github, if you were motivated enough
I could probably do that. Though, honestly, I don't really know where I'd start to look. Maybe the hooks for texture loading could give me an idea.

I can't join worlds, it always says
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CheatSheet.CheatSheetWorld.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

We've been playing multiplayer after a short time we realized that:

Multiple Thorium bosses don't announce anything in the chat upon using his spawn mechanics, the boss doesn't spawn either, the only thing that happens is the sound of the boss spawning.

The mob disappearing bug has been fixed for 99,99%, it has happened a few times, but we've been able to kill most mobs without anything happening to them.

We've been playing multiplayer after a short time we realized that:

Multiple Thorium bosses don't announce anything in the chat upon using his spawn mechanics, the boss doesn't spawn either, the only thing that happens is the sound of the boss spawning.

The mob disappearing bug has been fixed for 99,99%, it has happened a few times, but we've been able to kill most mobs without anything happening to them.
Bosses disappearing happens to everyone,hopefully it will be fixed.

at Terraria.ModLoader.WorldHooks.SetupWorld () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack (System.Object threadContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

First, please don't post the same thing twice just a short time apart because no one responded yet.
Second, make sure your Cheat Sheet mod is up-to-date, 0.2.2 is the newest version and it supports tML 0.8.1/Terraria 1.3.1

Back
Top Bottom