Map-Adventure Tales of the Terrarian

Are you playing on a server? It can mess up wiring severely. Either way there's nothing you can really to do revert this, without cheating or going to a new map, sorry.
I was playing on a server because I couldn't play on singleplayer because of the loading error.

No I just loaded it like every other terraria map.

Okay, well I am unsure why the load does not work for you, and playing on a server will likely cause wiring to break at that point, I'm sorry I do not know what else you can do.

Your map gave me quite the fun and big insight on 1.3.1's new resources, so I must thank you for the map. And the Arkhalis. You would love to know for how long I've been searching for this damn blade.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME MAP.
But just one flaw:
The equation part at the diamond level, you know, 5+7 and 9+2....The 6 wasnt displaying properly if im correct, Im not sure that if it was another number or just the 6 though. You should fix that.

this map is great! only one problem: you can get tin and granite(some others too) from enemies and place it so you are stuck. or you could use it to win. i guess there's no way of preventing that, but i just wanted to point it out

this map is great! only one problem: you can get tin and granite(some others too) from enemies and place it so you are stuck. or you could use it to win. i guess there's no way of preventing that, but i just wanted to point it out
I guess its not enough just expecting people to follow the rule, right?

I appreciate the amount of work that went into making this, but it's just not for me.

Took me over an hour just to beat the first level, and no matter how hard I tried I just COULD NOT grab the rope to escape the water filled pit in level 2. ( DO NOT tell me I just have to hold UP, I did that. I also spammed it as fast as I could, and tried about 50 different ways of timing it. It just doesn't work.)

Pixel perfect jumps are simply NOT FUN for me, and my frustration level is so high right now I'm teetering between tears and punching something.

You can say "git gud" all you want. I have over 750 hours logged, and have beaten expert mode SEVERAL times. But I can't beat this map.

Finally after 2 hours of rage and pain, I give up. Map and Character deleted. Never again.

I guess its not enough just expecting people to follow the rule, right?
yeah, but the map is still AWESOME. i appreciate the work put into it, and i think it can be even more fun if you can get free skips if you beat a enemy

You are probably playing with a bad lighting setting, try "color" and you should see just fine, at least when using the shine potions

I AM playing on color.

The problem is, at least in the first two areas, all of the lighting used is dim lights. The purple overlay in the first area in particular makes it very hard to see. The base game itself was already too dark, but at least in the base game you could spam torches all over the place.

Last edited:
I appreciate the amount of work that went into making this, but it's just not for me.

Took me over an hour just to beat the first level, and no matter how hard I tried I just COULD NOT grab the rope to escape the water filled pit in level 2. ( DO NOT tell me I just have to hold UP, I did that. I also spammed it as fast as I could, and tried about 50 different ways of timing it. It just doesn't work.)

Pixel perfect jumps are simply NOT FUN for me, and my frustration level is so high right now I'm teetering between tears and punching something.

You can say "git gud" all you want. I have over 750 hours logged, and have beaten expert mode SEVERAL times. But I can't beat this map.

Finally after 2 hours of rage and pain, I give up. Map and Character deleted. Never again.

The pixel-perfect speed jumps sure were annoying as hell, but I could pull them off. What with coming from the 8-Bit era when such jumps were commonplace and all.

4.7/5
Great map guys! Not your best IMO, but still good. I certainly liked Echoes of the Lost World better. How did you create this map, TEdit or ingame?
Extra points for no meteoroid jumping area!

Just a few issues:
  1. Lighting in the first level was too low for my liking. Not that I couldn't see anything, but still.
  2. In the 7 level, the 2nd area where you toggle the landscape on and off is too difficult. Spent more time in that area than any other puzzle in the game.
  3. In my opinion, the final boss was a bit of a let down. Not much to do in it. After dying a couple of times none of the traps worked. Wiring issue or is that the way it was designed?

4.7/5
Great map guys! Not your best IMO, but still good. I certainly liked Echoes of the Lost World better. How did you create this map, TEdit or ingame?

Just a few issues:
  1. Lighting in the first level was too low for my liking. Not that I couldn't see anything, but still.
  2. In the 7 level, the 2nd area where you toggle the landscape on and off is too difficult. Spent more time in that area than any other puzzle in the game.
  3. In my opinion, the final boss was a bit of a let down. Not much to do in it. After dying a couple of times none of the traps worked. Wiring issue or is that the way it was designed?

I don't know guys if I am so smart or lucky or you all are just sorry for the word... stupid. I mean the second "game" in 7 level with this button. I made it in 10 minutes and when I see those "2 hours lost from life on this stage" I am like... Woah! How?! :D

Anyways, going to add some good axe then and end this awesome map !

I AM playing on color.

The problem is, at least in the first two areas, all of the lighting used is dim lights. The purple overlay in the first area in particular makes it very hard to see. The base game itself was already too dark, but at least in the base game you could spam torches all over the place.

If you are having issues with this on other games too, you might want to consider checking your monitor settings and turn brightness on from there.

4.7/5

Just a few issues:

1) Yeah, I dunno, I kinda like dark areas where you don't necessarily see everything always. Obviously we won't do anything where not seeing something due to little lighting will actually kill you, but it's not always the best choice to just have the whole area lit up like it's christmas.
2) That puzzle can definitely be a bit difficult, but most people I've seen play the map have figured it out relatively quickly so didn't think it should cause major problems.
3) The last boss definitely could work better, but this is mainly to show that you can with relatively simple wiring make your own bosses with wiring. The most difficult part of making a boss like that is designing it's attacks / appearance / the area. The wiring tries to be fool proof but unfortunately sometimes you can end up starting it without the traps going off (the whole wiring is like that to try to ensure the timer for the boss attacks is on when player enters there, the timer turns automatically off if you leave the map)

We built this map ingame, but had some help from tedit when we started (mainly to spam areas with blocks). I'm actually kinda interested why you liked Echoes of the Lost World more than this. I personally am a fan of metroidvania, but we unfortunately didn't have the time on this map to design it that way, but I hope in future we would be able to make more open world adventures. Probably not as "look at the map"-ish as echoes of the lost world tho :D

I don't know guys if I am so smart or lucky or you all are just sorry for the word... stupid.

I would prefer it if you would try to convey your feelings about something a little more conscientiously than that. Calling other users stupid is bound to start an argument. Remember, talk about the content, not the people who make or play it like that please :)

Back
Top Bottom