PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is the right place to put this, but its pretty much what pbq and Elekrisk are talking about so...

As a few others have already mentioned, some of the Virtual Keyboard's buttons remain active after it closes. An easy way to see this is to create a new character. After you’re done, the button prompts for the keyboard will still be at the bottom of the screen and pressing the “Submit”(LT) button will instantly create another identical character.

This also works with worlds but it won’t be an exact clone, only name, size and difficulty. You can also press LT while generating a world, restarting the generation (which sometimes causes a crash).

This gets a bit more interesting when you enter a world. If you open the Controls/Keybindings menu, then press LT…
- If the last thing you did was rename a chest, the game crashes
- If the last thing you did was create a character, it will create a new version of that character and change the colour of your current character's hair and clothes (blonde hair, white shirt, purple trousers)
- If the last thing you did was create a world, it will begin generating a new world and put you directly in that world in what seems to be your current position (don’t currently have the accessories). On one attempt it allowed me to run around the world as it was generating, which was kinda cool to see. Doing this in multi-player crashed the game.

Bonus Problem! - Turning off the “Gamepad Instructions” seems to disable quite a few gamepad buttons too. For the Virtual Keyboard only the D-pad, left stick, A and Y buttons seem to work. In-game I was unable to favourite items, drop/trash/transfer items, unequip armour or change the visibility of accessories.

Other than that I'm having no problems and am loving the 1.3+ stuff (was on PS3). Thank you for adding controller support!

After testing this I have found that RT restarts the generation process.

When the world starts generating, the XBox buttons for when you name your world still appears in the lower left corner. I think that when you press RT the name is submitted again, thus resetting generation.

Edit:
The crashes might be because generation is started again without the old generation being unloaded. That is my guess.

It must be a bug then rather than a "hidden feature". Or possibly it's a developer cheat used for testing that didn't get dummied out.

It must be a bug then rather than a "hidden feature". Or possibly it's a developer cheat used for testing that didn't get dummied out.

The issue with the persisting Gamepad buttons was an accident, and a known bug. :) That it was causing crashes for the people using it to "restart" their world gen should be indication enough it wasn't an intended mechanic for anyone! :p

So, when are we going to get some actual new content? I know that you guys over Relogic are working hard, but a medium sized update that is only dedicated to wiring and controller support just won't keep this games fans playing, especially if they do not care for making Rube Goldberg machines or controller support. I'm not trying to hate, but it just boggles me how everyone is raving over this small update but nobody is asking the same general thing as me.

So, when are we going to get some actual new content? I know that you guys over Relogic are working hard, but a medium sized update that is only dedicated to wiring and controller support just won't keep this games fans playing, especially if they do not care for making Rube Goldberg machines or controller support. I'm not trying to hate, but it just boggles me how everyone is raving over this small update but nobody is asking the same general thing as me.
:red2: "When it happen."

The development team is currently working to fix bugs in the recent update, and that will remain their focus until that is substantially completed.

Cenx has already let 1.3.2 out of the bag; as for 'when' that is released and what it comprises, the information will be relayed when available. I believe that you can expect 1.3.2 to be more of the 'traditional' sort of content that you expect.

The focus of 1.3.1 was known and publicly discussed long before it's release, so it shouldn't be a great surprise to anyone as to what it contained. For many previous releases, the people who wanted controller support or more mechanical items were left disappointed, so this one was for them. We can't possibly please everyone with every release.

The development team is currently working to fix bugs in the recent update, and that will remain their focus until that is substantially completed.

Cenx has already let 1.3.2 out of the bag; as for 'when' that is released and what it comprises, the information will be relayed when available. I believe that you can expect 1.3.2 to be more of the 'traditional' sort of content that you expect.

The focus of 1.3.1 was known and publicly discussed long before it's release, so it shouldn't be a great surprise to anyone as to what it contained. For many previous releases, the people who wanted controller support or more mechanical items were left disappointed, so this one was for them. We can't possibly please everyone with every release.
This is a great example of why people should think before complaining. I agree with this, everyone is just greedy and selfish. They also love to come in at the last minute without having done any prior research.

Last edited:
So, when are we going to get some actual new content?
What is wrong with you? XD Didn't you read the change log? A lot of awesome new things were added. It's about time they refined some things in the game like the wiring. There are many more things that need to be improved on in the game.
a medium sized update that is only dedicated to wiring and controller support just won't keep this games fans playing,
Uh?... Yes it will. All the new possibilities for custom maps that can be made a lot better, faster, and easier, means that there will be tons of reasons for people to play the game more.
I'm not trying to hate, but it just boggles me how everyone is raving over this small update but nobody is asking the same general thing as me.
Well, it seems like you are the only one that is having a problem. I think you should take some time to think about things. `:naughty:

Well, it seems like you are the only one that is having a problem. I think you should take some time to think about things. `:naughty:
Well he isn't like only, there is somebody who doesn't like, actually have new gem sprites (even in Thorium mod page he said he don't like them). People think these uopdates are very easy, and such things, .....

Let's not start feuding over peoples' opinions, please. It does not generally change anyone's viewpoint, and often leads to drama that none of us need.

This update wasn't going to be to everyone's liking - the developers and the forum staff have known that all along.

If you want to disagree with someone, please do so respectfully. Thanks.

Well he isn't like only, there is somebody who doesn't like, actually have new gem sprites (even in Thorium mod page he said he don't like them). People think these uopdates are very easy, and such things, .....
Well, if it was very easy, I don't think it would have taken them so long for an update. Seems like they have worked very hard on it. And then a few people do nothing but complain.

This is great! The update is out and I have already built something I think map makers will find very useful! If you would like to see it go and check my profile page! :D

This is great! The update is out and I have already built something I think map makers will find very useful! If you would like to see it go and check my profile page! :D
I can't find a link to the thing you are talking about.
I'm currently working on something too. I have an idea of how I want it to work, just need to figure out what is the best and most effective way of setting it up.

I've played tales of the terrarian. I really recommend it. I'm working on a adventure map right now called the mechanics labyrinth and I'l post it on curse.com for terraria maps

So this means that it's "easier" to port to console?

No, has very little to do with that actually. It means that you can now play with controllers on PC; the mechanics and user interface for controller support was build from the ground up, and bears little resemblance to that which is found on Console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom