3DS Frost Moon & More Coming Soon to Terraria on 3DS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they should of patched the annoying feature were the bin destroys an item that's inside it once you left your inventory
R.I.P My Terra Blade
2016-2016
Welp I still have my trusty The Horseman's Blade

Stupid Nintendo. It's been over a month. I want my quick saving! Quit picking Mario's nose and get to it!

Also, I'm still holding on to the goods I made for the shop I wanted to open before I found out online multiplayer wasn't a thing. I'm hoping it is eventually.

Last edited:
This is exactly what. It isn't file size, it's the fact that all interactions between blocks, and every chance for any randomly occuring event, must all be calculated at the same time

That can be ^^
And I never said that I know it :D
Atm i just want my game working without crashes :)
Based on my 200+ hours worth of experience with the game, random crashes tend to be world-specific. Now, I do not know what exactly makes it crash, but I DO KNOW that SOME WORLDS ARE STABLE AS BEDROCK. On my game, two out three of my worlds are super stable - zero crashes from the moment I generated them. I also have gone through some 20 plus worlds that crashed pretty much on schedule. You'd get to a certain area or be playing a certain amount of time and it will crash guaranteed. So the best advice I can give to you is that try not to invest too much on any single world until you've explored a bit of it. My personal check point is if I get to all the sky islands, fully explored the surface and have dug around underground a bit, then I consider that world stable. Unstable worlds will very very likely crash on you before you even get to fully explore the surface.

Well, they should of patched the annoying feature were the bin destroys an item that's inside it once you left your inventory
R.I.P My Terra Blade
2016-2016
Welp I still have my trusty The Horseman's Blade
I find it funny that user errors ( like trashing your Terra Blade) is somehow the developer's fault for not implementing a failsafe against it. Granted, that would be great, but at the end of the day, it's still the user that trashed the item. Let that be a lesson learned the hard way.

Last edited:
Based on my 200+ hours worth of experience with the game, random crashes tend to be world-specific. Now, I do not know what exactly makes it crash, but I DO KNOW that SOME WORLDS ARE STABLE AS BEDROCK. On my game,
two out three of my worlds are super stable - zero crashes from the moment I generated them. I also have gone through some 20 plus worlds that crashed pretty much on
schedule. You'd get to a certain area or be playing a certain amount of time and it will crash guaranteed. So the best advice I can give to you is that try not to invest too much on any
single world until you've explored a bit of it. My personal check point is if I get to all the sky islands, fully explored the surface and have dug around underground a bit, then I
consider that world stable. Unstable worlds will very very likely crash on you before you even get to fully explore the surface.
So, like i said in the other thread...
I just bet Wall of flesh and the most of my surface is clear, all 4 sky islands too. I save all few min to be sure i dont lose to much.
I just have that one world (i think in a new world i have to start from the beginning with all, do i?)

So, like i said in the other thread...
I just bet Wall of flesh and the most of my surface is clear, all 4 sky islands too. I save all few min to be sure i dont lose to much.
I just have that one world (i think in a new world i have to start from the beginning with all, do i?)
If you really want to have a stable play experience, yes, you'd need to do that in a stable world. I know, it sounds painful to start again. But after finding one, you never have to worry about crashing ever again.

Find a stable world first. It's easier to do this when you have wings and better equipment though. Get a wing, asap. Generate a new world, explore it quick - ignore loots and chest, it will only slow you down. Or pick em up, your choice. But if that world crashes on you, you'll end up deleting it anyway to make room for new worlds.

If you do manage to find a new world, time to start moving things. Buy a piggy bank, a safe, and fill that with your money, all your crafting stations, and your best gear first. Bring lots of chests in your main inventory, and maybe some building materials. Go to your new world, start setting up a workshop with all your crafting stations and chests so you have places to stash your items on your next trip. Make an infinite house for the NPCs in the meantime - you can build them better houses when you're done moving.

If you really want to have a stable play experience, yes, you'd need to do that in a stable world. I know, it sounds painful to start again. But after finding one, you never have to worry about crashing ever again.

Find a stable world first. It's easier to do this when you have wings and better equipment though. Get a wing,
asap. Generate a new world, explore it quick - ignore loots and chest, it will only slow you down. Or pick em up, your choice. But if that world crashes on you, you'll end up deleting it
anyway to make room for new worlds.

If you do manage to find a new world, time to start moving things. Buy a piggy bank, a safe, and fill that with
your money, all your crafting stations, and your best gear first. Bring lots of chests in your main inventory, and maybe some building materials. Go to your new world, start setting up a
workshop with all your crafting stations and chests so you have places to stash your items on your next trip. Make an infinite house for the NPCs in the meantime - you can
build them better houses when you're done moving.
So if i Start a new map...
It's normal mode again right?
I just started Hardmode (the Mobs are Bad °.°
So what can i take with me (and what
should i?)
And... Is there a way a SHOULD bild the houses, cause it's the best way or sth? ^^
Sry, about all the questions. I told i'm new ^^

And if that make my game stop crashing (and I can take much Stuff with me) it doesn't Sound soooo Bad to me.

Bad that I cannot take full chests with me... That would be awsome ^^

What about the pwnhammer? Can i take it to get ne new ore earlier?

Last edited:
So if i Start a new map...
It's normal mode again right?
I just started Hardmode (the Mobs are Bad °.°
So what can i take with me (and what
should i?)
And... Is there a way a SHOULD bild the houses, cause it's the best way or sth? ^^
Sry, about all the questions. I told i'm new ^^

And if that make my game stop crashing (and I can take much Stuff with me) it doesn't Sound soooo Bad to me.

Bad that I cannot take full chests with me... That would be awsome ^^

What about the pwnhammer? Can i take it to get ne new ore earlier?
No, don't move yet. Keep your old world. But make a new world. Play around with it for a few hours, just find chests and take their contents. If it crashes, then don't keep that. Keep making new worlds until you find one that doesn't crash. THEN YOU MOVE. Take everything you can carry, bring it to the new world. Keep doing that until you have no more items in the old world. At this point, you'll have a better time playing.

No, don't move yet. Keep your old world. But make a new world. Play around with it for a few hours, just find chests and take their contents. If it crashes, then don't keep that. Keep making new worlds until you find one that doesn't crash. THEN
YOU MOVE. Take everything you can carry, bring it to the new world. Keep doing that until you have no more items in the old world. At this point, you'll have a better time playing.
Ah, so i can do it piece for piece ^^
When i do a new, i take all i have in my Inventory when i saved?
But a "few hours" and "until i find one
that doesn't crash" Sounds like it last looong time ^^

Should i have some spezific eq to look around new world?
I have that Boots that let me fly, but no wings at all.
I have full hell stone armor and night edge.

If you really want to save faster, turn the wireless off when you're saving (In single player, NOT in multiplayer!!!!) it helps SO much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom