PC Need some help with this construction.

⎛⎞

Terrarian
Hello! I am new to T-MEC but I frequently look on the interesting posts and I am happy to finally make one myself.
My nick is Watri and I have recently been building on my world.

I have had no major problems until now; I need a construction which allows the player to be transported between "sections" (more detailed explanation later).

The explanation of what I need help with and what I have made so far:
What I basically want is that when the player is in a section (the player is standing in a section on the picture, it's marked with black paint)
he should either be transported left or right when pressing A or D to activate pressure plates as shown on the picture.
Ideally, I want the player to be transported by hoik teeth when stepping on a pressure plate.

7acH1ES.png

I couldn't find a way to fit hoik teeth in the contraption so that the player could be transported
both left and right in the narrow area as seen on the first picture so I made a version that could transport the player in one direction.

In this contraption that I made; when the player presses D, the player get's transported one section to the right.
He then has the choice to go down and enter a teleporter, or he can press D to go to the next adjacent section.

(NOTE: The teleporters are not important in this thread, I mainly just want the Left-right-function to be working)
MAZTLJS.png

I then finally found a solution to fit in hoik teeth to be able to transport the player both left and right.
What I did was that I hammered the ground level blocks to be half blocks, the hoik teeth could now fit.

(NOTE: Normal pressure plates don't activate when standing a half block up, so you have to use the weighted pressure plates.
Also; logic gates are probably necessary for this kind of contraption so that it keeps track of which section the player is standing in.)
5ORv0mv.png

Conclusion and what I need from you guys:
It's quite hard to explain what I need but I hope you could understand with my pictures and my earlier explanations.

I'll try to make it more clear:
When a player presses A or D when standing in a section, he should be transported either left or right 3 blocks.
The player will then once again, be standing in a section and will be able to either press A, or D again.
The left facing hoik teeth should be activated when stepped on the left pressure plate in a section to transport the player left 3 blocks and vice versa.
To avoid misunderstanding, I do not want all the hoik teeth in a direction to be activated (if you do so, the player will be transported all the way to the left or right).
Only specific amounts of hoik teeth should be activated so that the player only transports 3 blocks left or right (so the player transports to a adjacent section).
I basically need help with the wiring and the logic in this contraption.

If you don't understand please ask me for more details in a reply!

Sorry, that's not what I am looking for.

Oh, ok!
Well, I haven't played around too much with logic gates, but I think you would need a ~3 tick timer. (Plus/minus a few ticks)
When any pressure plate gets activated, start the 3 tick timer:

target
dummy

teleporter -> 3 hoik teeth be here (3 tick delay) -> pressure plate and teleporter (sends a signal and teleports the dummy back)

Then, use that signal to deactivate the blocks. Also, you might have more success with my idea if the spaces between the pressure plates are 3 tiles big.

Note: I haven't tried it out.

Oh, ok!
Well, I haven't played around too much with logic gates, but I think you would need a ~3 tick timer. (Plus/minus a few ticks)
When any pressure plate gets activated, start the 3 tick timer:

target
dummy

teleporter -> 3 hoik teeth be here (3 tick delay) -> pressure plate and teleporter (sends a signal and teleports the dummy back)

Then, use that signal to deactivate the blocks.

Note: I haven't tried it out.

Not to be rude but is my thread really that hard to understand what I want?
I need so that when you press the pressure plate, specifik hoik teeth activates and sends the player immediately to either the right or left section (3 blocks), depending if the player pressed A or D. The problem is that you can't just hook up the pressure plates to the hoiks themselves, because then they will only be able to function for ONE direction right or left).

Also, the dimensions needs to be as shown on the picture. The "sections" where the player stands and has the availability to press A or D needs to be 2 blocks wide. The intersections or the "gaps" between the sections needs to be one block wide.

Not to be rude but is my thread really that hard to understand what I want?
I need so that when you press the pressure plate, specifik hoik teeth activates and sends the player immediately to either the right or left section (3 blocks), depending if the player pressed A or D. The problem is that you can't just hook up the pressure plates to the hoiks themselves, because then they will only be able to function for ONE direction right or left).

Also, the dimensions needs to be as shown on the picture. The "sections" where the player stands and has the availability to press A or D needs to be 2 blocks wide. The intersections or the "gaps" between the sections needs to be one block wide.

I just didn't read though all of it. :p So, what you need is the wiring for the last picture? Also, is pressing A/D is the same as going left/right?

I just didn't read though all of it. :p So, what you need is the wiring for the last picture? Also, is pressing A/D is the same as going left/right?
It's alright! Yes, I need wiring, but you guys can do it however you want, I just want it working functionally.
When you press A, you walk onto the pressure plate, immediately actuate hoiks and transport one section to the left ( and vice versa ).

Have you considered using player above sensors? You might have more luck with them. I'm thinking if you put some close enough together they'd overlap each other and depending on the combination of sensors the player is activating you could probably use logic gates to control which hoiks were active. As the player moves through the space they'd automatically adjust the hoiks. The sensors pick up a 5 tile wide area so I'd expect that if you overlap them properly you could discern player position with some precision.

Have you considered using player above sensors? You might have more luck with them. I'm thinking if you put some close enough together they'd overlap each other and depending on the combination of sensors the player is activating you could probably use logic gates to control which hoiks were active. As the player moves through the space they'd automatically adjust the hoiks. The sensors pick up a 5 tile wide area so I'd expect that if you overlap them properly you could discern player position with some precision.
Actually I did try it out, the thing is that I heard that they tend to bug. I placed two sensors for every section and made a AND-gate to activate when a the player is within both sensors. The reason I havn't continued with it is because I want to understand the wiring-logic first.

Ok, let me see if I get it (before trying to build something similar to test):
-the player transports to left or right with A or D
-does it need to be Hoiks? What about conveyor belts?
-only 3 blocks left and right, correct?
-what you need is the wire to activate only a few hoiks at a time, right?

Hook the pressure plate up to the hoik blocks, have them pre-actuated, and hook it directly into a logic gate with a timer that re-actuates the blocks. I haven't messed with gates yet to get this going for you, but I think maybe this post might help someone else help you. :) I hope, anyways.

Ok, let me see if I get it (before trying to build something similar to test):
-the player transports to left or right with A or D
-does it need to be Hoiks? What about conveyor belts?
-only 3 blocks left and right, correct?
-what you need is the wire to activate only a few hoiks at a time, right?

Yes correct. If you look at the first picture, I want the player to be able to travel between any "section" (marked with black paint), but only one section at a time by pressing A or D. I would prefer hoik teeth because it's much faster. Conveyor belts are slower than walking so I don't want them. I don't really want teleporters either, but it can be accepted as a last resort if it's impossible. Although I think it's possible with hoik teeth so I would prefer to stick to them.

The hoik "sets" that individually needs to be activated can be seen on this picture:
V0ORrko.png
9rDFWjD.png

I see your Problem, but this cant work this way, exept if you have a bigger space between the back sections, the only way would be Player sensors, but you dont want to use them...

if you stick with preshure plates it won't work because every preshure plate would activate both directions

I see your Problem, but this cant work this way, exept if you have a bigger space between the back sections, the only way would be Player sensors, but you dont want to use them...

if you stick with preshure plates it won't work because every preshure plate would activate both directions

Exactly, but that is the case only if you wire them up directly to the hoik teeth. That's why logic gates are necessary in this build! And that is what I need help with :)

nope logic gates wont help you, change the design, or add pressure plates beneath the player,
[doublepost=1464997823,1464997733][/doublepost]you need a 2nd input or the logic gate wont know where the player wants to go ( just 1 pressure plate cant detect if you want to the left or right)

you need a 2nd input or the logic gate wont know where the player wants to go ( just 1 pressure plate cant detect if you want to the left or right)

This.

When you're using player above sensors you can confirm using other sensor input which direction the player came from, other methods will be missing this information. I'm about to log into my server, I'll take a look at it in game.

I don't know if it's possible.. I mean.. you need a way to tell which cell you are in, first off. And as soon as you leave that cell, the hoiks will turn off and you won't make it completely to the other cell, or the sensor would activate for the other cell and you'd start to move backwards from where you want to go. Also, there would have to be a gap in the lower hoiks in order for the wires to reach the top hoiks.

Yeah, I was dabbling a bit but the confined space makes it really hard to get anything going.

Back
Top Bottom