tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Thats a good idea.
Also I wanna notify that thorium also has "coatings" for throwing weapons such as life leach and explosive coating, they really help a lot
For some reason I thought they were not getting enough attention from people who are interested in throwing builds
Dude, I will rant about the life stealing flask if you want me to. It basically makes throwing a viable option all on it's own.

Found kind of a bug in Singleplayer; take a Slime Mount and the full Sandstone Armor set, and when you double jump, the sheer landing force instant kills you at Base HP. It's a bit frustrating since I can't use Slime Mount and Sandstone Armor effectively.

Um, out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue in multiplayer with bosses from this mod not wanting to spawn? It takes me like 10 or more flare gun shots to summon the thunderbird, the jellyfish queen refuses to spawn at all, and the elementals after starlord have the same issue in multiplayer. It works fine in singleplayer.

I am also using the tremor mod and calamity mod - the bosses in these mods spawn fine, its only the thorium mod's bosses.

Found kind of a bug in Singleplayer; take a Slime Mount and the full Sandstone Armor set, and when you double jump, the sheer landing force instant kills you at Base HP. It's a bit frustrating since I can't use Slime Mount and Sandstone Armor effectively.

This actually gives me an idea. I personally think that if you give yourself higher jumping ability, it's your responsibility to manage it properly. However, I do consider the Zephyr accessory to be a bit pointless as it stands, with all of the other things that can increase speed - particularly any of the sprint boots. If it had, not full fall protection but the ability to let you fall farther before you take damage (basically, treat falls as X% shorter), that would make it a lot more useful.

Though...I'd also accept making it an alternative to the Anklet of the Wind in making the Lightning Boots (or an ingredient with one of the Cobbler's boots to make one or more forms of sprint boots, come to that).

EDIT: Actually, I personally don't get much use out of the Cobbler, simply because the Vanilla boots are so good. I'd love to see more content based around the boots, to make them more of an alternative. For instance...

Zephyr + Steel-Toed Boots: Perseus Boots, +2 Defence, Allows the wearer to run super-fast.

Perseus Boots + Strange Alien Tech: Hover Boots, As Perseus Boots, plus allows the wearer to glide (like the Flying Carpet and Hoverboard).

Rocket Boots + Turbo Boots: Mach Boots, Combined effects of both, plus the ability to dash by double tapping a direction (no damage to mobs, but high knockback).

Slag Stompers + Lava Waders + Molten Scale: Dragon Jackboots, the effects of all the included, but with complete immunity to lava.

...just as some examples.

Last edited:
This actually gives me an idea. I personally think that if you give yourself higher jumping ability, it's your responsibility to manage it properly. However, I do consider the Zephyr accessory to be a bit pointless as it stands, with all of the other things that can increase speed - particularly any of the sprint boots. If it had, not full fall protection but the ability to let you fall farther before you take damage (basically, treat falls as X% shorter), that would make it a lot more useful.

Though...I'd also accept making it an alternative to the Anklet of the Wind in making the Lightning Boots (or an ingredient with one of the Cobbler's boots to make one or more forms of sprint boots, come to that).

Well, Zephyr could have an addition of increasing sprinting speed by 10-15% (if possible) - just wear it for movement. I like the idea of making it a crafting ingredient for Cobbler's boots. Why not create Zephyr Stompers - crafted form Zephyr and Slag Stompers, theh would give you sprint, +7% movement speed and create little Tornadoes as you walk, similiar to the damaging slags, falling on the ground and staying there, hitting enemies 3 times or last 5 seconds before disappearing. Personally I feel Cobbler's boots a little lackluster, so maybe they all could be combined to create some more advanced boot accessory with some combat value - those tornadoes from my suggestion, effect of Spiked Stompers (thorns), and all that stuff. Possibly Healthy Boots could also be combined with some Carnivore Tails to make Carnivore Paws - they would give you a little damage boost as your health drops - like 4% per 100 life lost. I don't know how would it work with Steel toed and Slowfall boots, as they are oppsites - I feel they could be skipped in the crafting, or they would walk like featherfall potion - you normally fall slower, and when you press down, you fall faster.

Oh well, Kefke suggested something similiar. :D Maybe those ideas could be combined?

Um, out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue in multiplayer with bosses from this mod not wanting to spawn? It takes me like 10 or more flare gun shots to summon the thunderbird, the jellyfish queen refuses to spawn at all, and the elementals after starlord have the same issue in multiplayer. It works fine in singleplayer.

I am also using the tremor mod and calamity mod - the bosses in these mods spawn fine, its only the thorium mod's bosses.
These two particular bosses spawn client-side, which means they clash with other players' clients, so it's a definite bug. I think it was something about Thunder Bird being confused as to how to spawn and the Queen Jellyfish only working if all players are in the water, not just one, because of how it's coded.

Speaking of slowfall...

I've noticed that the Bellerose puts a cloud around your feet at all times. Is this intended? I ask because it looks a little odd, especially when mounted.

Guys, rate this. Your opinion is important.
video removed by staff - please do not advertise your videos in unrelated threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So uhm, my friend sent me really weird bug screenshot. He was just playing, haing Thorium and Tremor mods activated. He was using the Mycelium Whip when that bug appeared. It looks like it disappears with the weapon's projectiles.
0aNqrHw.jpg

Also, I have a question about Terrarium stuff (in this case, the Sage Staff). I don't know if that's intended, but it seems that after removing the Expert rainbow-colored names (which were cool, fitting Terrarium gear IMHO) their rarity is messed up. I was reforging my staff just for fun and... well, the best modifier on an endgame tier weapon shouldn't have trash rarity, right?

C85A9F26035F37AB16E768B2091792C4C0E811E3

Last edited:
First one, no idea why that's happening. Second one, I suppose because you're not supposed to be able to reforge Rainbow rarity items above a certain level it's a sort of overflow issue where it just loops down to the Grey rarity. As such, that's a Terraria problem, not a Thorium problem.

Oh, thanks for the answer... well, it reminds me of the famous Nuclear Gandhi bug from Civilization series. Shame it's like this but it seems to happen after removing the Exprert label from tooltip, as my Warding Terrarium Defender was Rainbow rarity before update. Guess I'll have to get used to this. Anyway thank you for clearing this out.

I've generated 2 small worlds and both have had no beehive biomes, also the jungle temple door wouldn't open with the key, even trying to mine it with best pickaxe had no effect. I have this mod and Tremor installed.

Another small balance post for @DivermanSam .

Durasteel is just a tad too good for being basically given away to the player as soon as hardmode begins. No reason NOT to take it, really. The set bonus in particular is what makes it shine. I'd either change it to something really generic, or bump the defense values 1-2 points per piece. Or, you could simply just raise the price on them a bit so that they are a bit more of an investment. It's only like 10 gold for the whole set, something like 30-50 would make it less of a straight up autobuy.

This one is also a bit nitpicky, but the durasteel arrows also feel odd to me. It's not that they're too good, their base damage is outshined by pretty much every hardmode arrow that there is, it's just that they too feel a bit too good for something you can just buy in bulk. I realize you can also just buy hellfire arrows at this point too, but... Ah, nevermind. They're fine, I'm just way too stingy with my cursed flames I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom