Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

n4y2dx.jpg
[/IMG]
n4y2dx.jpg
[/IMG] is this right? - Snip -

Yeah that looks right. I'm not exactly sure what could be causing it if you have the content files in the correct location. You do have Terraria 1.3.1 installed right? Also does the game crash right away or can does the main menu load?

yes im up to date, i even have a legit copy, and no it crashes right away, it loads up and once i create my character and try to proceed it crashes.

everything works now! i have no idea how, but what i did was just completely remove the installed mod, then i installed the one you told me too and it works perfectly, ill keep you informed if anything else happens, thanks again for your help :)

everything works now! i have no idea how, but what i did was just completely remove the installed mod, then i installed the one you told me too and it works perfectly, ill keep you informed if anything else happens, thanks again for your help :)
Glad to hear! Sometimes something small gets missed, but also we had a bad STW release file go out yesterday, took about 7 hours before it got fixed so maybe you downloaded during that bad window.

With that said feel free to stop by in our Social Forum, join us in Discord, or message me here if anything else comes up. :)

Are you guys going to be doing some work to make STW compatible with 1.3.1.1?
So right now STW is built off of Terraria 1.3.1. It technically is compatible with Terraria 1.3.1.1 we just are missing those minor changes from that release.

When we do another release of STW (hopefully in a week or so) we will also update to 1.3.1.1.

can you atleast put some items i the empty chest in the game cuase when i found chests nothing is in it
We have started to implement a reward system for chests, but it isn't completed yet. When we have this completed chests will have random loot generated for them.

Edit: Also, what would you like to see in chests?

Last edited:
in my opinion, for random item spawn in chests, it would be nice to get lower craftable items, ex. u can craft gold items, so u would find silver or lower ores/items (way of make a bit of money) and a low chance to get gold. also, random could charges would be nice. other than that, just some gold or potions.

OR u can add like a "thief" level, higher level = better drops from chests. you would lvl up from looting chest or pickpocket npcs
This is a bit weird, it just came to my mind while i was typing this ahahaha but i guess it would be cool, if you like it we can talk about it on discord, just pm me or @FoxTag on chat

We've gotten some feedback, and verified that STW was not compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. So we are making this small release to bring STW compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. While this update is small we've also been working on a new tutorial quest which will be released soon! We are also thinking about all the exciting new ways to use the 1.3.1 features in STW to make the adventure even more fun and unique! So stay tuned for these future updates. Please check the changelog below for all the minor updates included in this release as well.

In other news, we've got a new Discord server up and running where all of us STW devs hang out! If you want to chat or discuss STW with us, you can find us in this channel: https://discord.gg/0136jhtpUvdW54OUU

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.8.5a *********************
    * Updated STW to Terraria 1.3.1.

* Added last known location for player to spawn when
      loading in the world.

* Ice Imps are spawning again for Frozen Mirror on the
      Wall quest.

* Can no longer swing sword when blocking.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Edit: @Koza Sniezna This version of STW should work for you now. Please let me know if you have any more problems. :)
I still have the same problem. The game crashes when i hit the green "play" button on my character. Maybe having Tmodloader installed is causing problems,because it edits the content folder ?

I still have the same problem. The game crashes when i hit the green "play" button on my character. Maybe having Tmodloader installed is causing problems,because it edits the content folder ?
It shouldn't matter if you have tModLoader installed because we keep our content in a separate location in the Content folder. Can you verify that you have STW 1.8.5a installed, it's in the bottom left on the main menu.

After you've done that, verify that you have the STW Maps folder in the correct location because if our maps cannot be found the game will crash.

Lastly, can you provide me a screenshot of the error that you get when the game crashes?

It shouldn't matter if you have tModLoader installed because we keep our content in a separate location in the Content folder. Can you verify that you have STW 1.8.5a installed, it's in the bottom left on the main menu.

After you've done that, verify that you have the STW Maps folder in the correct location because if our maps cannot be found the game will crash.

Lastly, can you provide me a screenshot of the error that you get when the game crashes?
Yes, I have 1.8.5a
I have all 5 maps in STW Worlds (both in the My Games file and the Steam file)
And i dont get any error message,it just freezes and then it says Terraria.exe has stopped working properly.(Or something like that I have Windows in a different language)
Kopirovatobrazekdoschranky2016-06-19101128.png

Translation: terraria has stopped working. the problem was caused by terraria not orking properly. Windows will close it and tell you any possible solutions. (Doesnt tell me any)

Yes, I have 1.8.5a
I have all 5 maps in STW Worlds (both in the My Games file and the Steam file)
And i dont get any error message,it just freezes and then it says Terraria.exe has stopped working properly.(Or something like that I have Windows in a different language)
*image snip*
Translation: terraria has stopped working. the problem was caused by terraria not orking properly. Windows will close it and tell you any possible solutions. (Doesnt tell me any)
Are you able to join our discord chat: https://discord.gg/0136jhtpUvdW54OUU

This way we can try to solve this problem in real time.
Something else to verify is that your Terraria is 1.3.1 using steam to validate local game cache - you might have to reinstall STW after doing that.

May 21th 2016
The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here! 1.3.1 is releasing this Sunday and so we've got you covered on what to do the day before the new Terraria update! We are releasing STW 1.8.4a! This update is really great because we've been teasing several new things from this release over on our Twitter account and now we can happily release it for you all to enjoy!

In this release you'll find the Praesidium Fortress which is housed in our brand new Region: The Ferrousanguis Kingdom! If you hadn't guessed @Khaios spent 2-3 weeks working on this built and you can truly see the attention to detail he has put into it. @Jestex made over 26 custom furniture sprites and 10 new NPCs types just for this area! Since we have this region released you can FINALLY finish Miki's Delivery Service Quest and get a cliffhanger of what's to come! You really need to get in game, complete the quest and explore this amazing fort! We promise that more content will be come to the fort in the near future. :)

We also took this time to update our Quest Log! Hopefully you recognize the original layout from the already in game Achievements UI. On the new Quests UI you can filter your quests by what Region they originated in. Your most recent log entry will be displayed for each quest and if you click on the quest the whole log will be displayed. If you want to see the awesome quest icons by @Jestex in full color you'll have to complete the quest!

You'll also get to try out some of our new combat mechanics in this release. You might have seen this video of our new charge shot for bows! Hold down right click to charge your shot to increase your damage and arrow's speed! We've also added right click attacks to the following weapon types:
  • Broad Swords: Lower your mobility, and hold up your sword to block that incoming attack! Any damage you receive will be reduced!
  • Pistols: It's time to use that little gun for some smacking! Use the right click to hit away enemies that get too close!
  • Staves: Similarly to the bow, charge up your spell to increase it's size and damage! It will cost you more mana so don't miss!
  • Spears: A charged attack to unleash a strong knockback attack!
We've listen to your feedback as well for an indication for when you can enter a background room/transition point. Now when you are in front of or standing in the correct location a graphical UP, Down, or Up & Down arrow will bob up and down above your head!

There are a bunch of other updates, additions, and bug fixes (like the mini map!!) in this release, so please check out the release log below for all of them.

Code:
********************** Version 1.8.4a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Access to the Ferrousanguis Region has been
            opened up! Head to the West in Sivania to
            find the trade route tunnel to Ferrousanguis.

* ~!!!~ The exciting conclusion to Miki's Delivery
            service has been implemented!

* ~!!!~ A brand new and beautiful Quest Log has been
            implement.

* ~!!!~ Alternative right-click attack mechanics added
            added for the following weapons:
             * Bows: Charged Shot
             * BroadSwords: Block
             * Pistols: Melee Swing
             * Staves: Charged Shot
             * Spears: Charged Stab
             * More to come soon!
    * Added Arrow (Up, Down, and Up & Down) indications
      above the player's head when standing in front of a
      teleport/transition location.

* Added 10 new NPC types that can be found in the
      Praesidium Fortress.

* Added 26 new furniture sprites, most can be found in
      the Praesidium Fortress.

* Added Shackled Debuff:
       * Movement speed reduced severely, can not use items,
         and thrown in jail

* Added the following Hotkeys:
       * C: Opens Chemsitry Menu
       * L: Opens the Quest Log
       * O: Opens the Lore Log

* Updated quest log text for nearly each quest.

* Doors will now try to open the opposite direction
      the player is facing if they cannot open the way
      that the player is facing.

* Added our own title and subtitle to the application.

* Fireworks now shoot off when the player gains a
      level.

* Added new "nuetral" NPC AI. The first NPC to have
      this AI is the Ferrousanguis Soldiers. They are
      friendly towards the player, but will attack back
      if struck first. More town type NPCs with this AI
      will be added.

* The Angler in Sivania now sells bait!

* The Frozen Merchant can no longer be killed by
      enemies.

* Removed Sandbox Mode - Will be replaced shortly with
      something better.

* Removed Multiplayer since it does not work yet.

* Fixed the minimap not saving bug - yay!

* Fixed a nasty bug causing traps to fire off way
      too quickly in the Pyramid Dungeon when a player
      leaves Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a nasty bug causing ore to respawn way
      too quickly in Mines when a player leaves
      Sivania and comes back in the same game
      session.

* Fixed a bug causing ores to not return to their
      normal color after Save and Exiting from Sivania.

* Fixed a bug that caused two acorns to automatically
      be planted when a tree is chopped instead of just 1.

* Fixed a bug causing the background images in
      Sivania's Desert Outpost from drawing correctly.

* Fixed various enemie NPC spawn issues.

* Fixed a bug where the Angler's Terraria Quest was
      was not using the STW terminology: Challenge

* Can no longer say "Yes" or "No" right after the
      Demolitionist says you need to train your skills to
      start Minecart Madness.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
[doublepost=1465057245,1463811410][/doublepost]We've gotten some feedback, and verified that STW was not compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. So we are making this small release to bring STW compatible with Terraria 1.3.1. While this update is small we've also been working on a new tutorial quest which will be released soon! We are also thinking about all the exciting new ways to use the 1.3.1 features in STW to make the adventure even more fun and unique! So stay tuned for these future updates. Please check the changelog below for all the minor updates included in this release as well.

In other news, we've got a new Discord server up and running where all of us STW devs hang out! If you want to chat or discuss STW with us, you can find us in this channel: https://discord.gg/0136jhtpUvdW54OUU

Code:
********************** Version 1.8.5a *********************
    * Updated STW to Terraria 1.3.1.

* Added last known location for player to spawn when
      loading in the world.

* Ice Imps are spawning again for Frozen Mirror on the
      Wall quest.

* Can no longer swing sword when blocking.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
[doublepost=1466812712][/doublepost]June 24th 2016
The weather is hot, steam games are on sale... It must be summer time, and we've got a cool treat for everyone! That's right, another release of STW is here for your taking! We've added a brand new and our most detailed quest to date! This quest is meant to be a tutorial to get new players to more easily understand the mechanics of STW. The new quest will have you use your wits to solve puzzles, give you an opportunity to use and learn about each skill in STW, and ultimately unravel one of several story plots in STW.

To start the quest simply create a new character as new characters now spawn on the Tutorial Island instead of Sivania. If you wish to complete the quest with one of your already existing characters you can. Head back to the default spawn point of Sivania where you'll find a little boat. Press UP when your on this boat to travel to the island. *Note* you may have to temporarily drop some of your items to start the quest depending on what you have in your inventory.

Tutorial Trouble Quest Features:
  • Unique story introduction to one of the storylines in STW
  • Introduction to STW Skills:
    • Melee
    • Range
    • Magic
    • Mining
    • Crafting
    • Chemistry
    • Fishing
  • New combat mechanics found only in STW
  • New items
  • New puzzle mechanics found only in STW
  • A new friendly NPC
  • STW's first new Boss NPC
Of course with this release we also have a bunch of bug fixes! You can check out the changelog below to see all of the updates and fixes in this release.

Also remember that we have a Discord Channel that you can join to talk to all the STW devs. So far it's been a great access points to getting help with quests or to report bugs to us (several fixed bugs are from ones report in the Discord channel!), so come join us. You can also follow us on twitter to see sneak peaks at upcoming updates!

Code:
********************** Version 1.9a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Tutorial Troubles quest has been implemented!
            New players will now start their Adventure 
            with a brand new Quest to help guide them.

* Added a transition point in Sivania to the 
      Tutorial Region for existing characters - some
      quest issues may arise for these characters

* P: Opens Game Tip Menu

* Quest Items can no longer be dropped and instead
      will move to the trash slot if attempted

* Completing Miki's Delivery Service grants now
      correctly grants +5 HP

* Fixed a bug that reset the ore respawning timer to
      frequently

* Fixed an issue with monsters not spawning due to
      despawning monsters filling up the monster spawn
      list

* Fish are catchable again!

* Graves no longer create tiles thus cannot block doors

* Upset Nimbus now rains again

* Several graphical fixes for alternate right click
      attacking weapons

* Pistol no longer hits twice with alternate attack

* Magic Leaf's price has been adjusted to zero

* "Press control for more info" removed from non-
      weapon items

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

June 24th 2016
The weather is hot, steam games are on sale... It must be summer time, and we've got a cool treat for everyone! That's right, another release of STW is here for your taking! We've added a brand new and our most detailed quest to date! This quest is meant to be a tutorial to get new players to more easily understand the mechanics of STW. The new quest will have you use your wits to solve puzzles, give you an opportunity to use and learn about each skill in STW, and ultimately unravel one of several story plots in STW.

To start the quest simply create a new character as new characters now spawn on the Tutorial Island instead of Sivania. If you wish to complete the quest with one of your already existing characters you can. Head back to the default spawn point of Sivania where you'll find a little boat. Press UP when your on this boat to travel to the island. *Note* you may have to temporarily drop some of your items to start the quest depending on what you have in your inventory.

Tutorial Trouble Quest Features:
  • Unique story introduction to one of the storylines in STW
  • Introduction to STW Skills:
    • Melee
    • Range
    • Magic
    • Mining
    • Crafting
    • Chemistry
    • Fishing
  • New combat mechanics found only in STW
  • New items
  • New puzzle mechanics found only in STW
  • A new friendly NPC
  • STW's first new Boss NPC
Of course with this release we also have a bunch of bug fixes! You can check out the changelog below to see all of the updates and fixes in this release.

Also remember that we have a Discord Channel that you can join to talk to all the STW devs. So far it's been a great access points to getting help with quests or to report bugs to us (several fixed bugs are from ones report in the Discord channel!), so come join us. You can also follow us on twitter to see sneak peaks at upcoming updates!

Code:
********************** Version 1.9a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Tutorial Troubles quest has been implemented!
            New players will now start their Adventure 
            with a brand new Quest to help guide them.

* Added a transition point in Sivania to the 
      Tutorial Region for existing characters - some
      quest issues may arise for these characters

* P: Opens Game Tip Menu

* Quest Items can no longer be dropped and instead
      will move to the trash slot if attempted

* Completing Miki's Delivery Service grants now
      correctly grants +5 HP

* Fixed a bug that reset the ore respawning timer to
      frequently

* Fixed an issue with monsters not spawning due to
      despawning monsters filling up the monster spawn
      list

* Fish are catchable again!

* Graves no longer create tiles thus cannot block doors

* Upset Nimbus now rains again

* Several graphical fixes for alternate right click
      attacking weapons

* Pistol no longer hits twice with alternate attack

* Magic Leaf's price has been adjusted to zero

* "Press control for more info" removed from non-
      weapon items

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

June 25th 2016
A few bugs were reported in our Discord sever and so we wanted to release fixes for them ASAP. If you experience any bugs, make sure that you've updated to 1.9.1a. If they persist, please let us know on Discord, or on TCF. Your feedback is always appreciated!
Code:
********************* Version 1.9.1a *********************
    * Fixed a bug that prevented the completion of Mine
      Cart Madness Quest

* Fixed a bug that prevented fish from being caught
      in the underground lake near the Bait Shoppe

* Fixed a UI bug for when a safe was opened

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

June 25th 2016
A few bugs were reported in our Discord sever and so we wanted to release fixes for them ASAP. If you experience any bugs, make sure that you've updated to 1.9.1a. If they persist, please let us know on Discord, or on TCF. Your feedback is always appreciated!

Code:
********************* Version 1.9.1a *********************
    * Fixed a bug that prevented the completion of Mine
      Cart Madness Quest

* Fixed a bug that prevented fish from being caught
      in the underground lake near the Bait Shoppe

* Fixed a UI bug for when a safe was opened

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

July 11th 2016
The summer continues as does the development of STW. We hope that everyone is enjoying their summer and we hope to help make it more enjoyable by releasing another update for STW! In this update we've got our first Ferrousanguis Region quest. This intro, yet slightly difficult, quest is a great way to start off the Ferrousanguis series which will unravel the truth behind the Crimson!

The Desert Outpost of Sivania has also been updated. Since the Ferrousanguis occupy this outpost we thought that it would be appropriate to add some of our custom Ferrousanguis furniture to it. In addition, you'll also find neutral soldiers that will attack back if you attack them first. If you get caught you'll be thrown in jail!

Also, @Khaios has taken advantage of the Terraria 1.3 update and has completely remastered the trap rooms in the Pyramid of Sivania. You'll now find the rooms to have more of a pattern and less random - yay no more RNG deaths!

As always we've got a load of other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.10a *********************
    * ~NEW~ A Ghoulish Task quest has been implemented!
            Speak to General Jesse in the Praesidium
            Fortress after completing Miki's Delivery
            Service Quest to start

* Major update to the Desert Outpost and Pyramid in
      Sivania.
          * The Outpost now has Ferrousanguis furniture
            and neutral soldier NPCs
          * The rooms in the Pyramid have had their
            trap mechanisms updated to 1.3

* Added Player owned World Portal to Ayeswell ;)

* Added all new Town NPC Heads to the mini map

* Added missing recipes for cooked fish! Cook your
      fish to regain HP

* Added sound for when ore is added to your inventory

* Added framework for death animations

* Updated how XP per level is calculated, this fixes
      several issues related to negative XP needed for
      the next level

* Updated Tutorial Island assets to be set to the
      players current quest progress

* Updated auto-planted saplings to now grow in
      water

* The range of pistol bullets has been lowered

* Fixed spawn location if you leave Tutorial Island
      and you came from Sivania originally

* Fixed a bug that caused a blank Game Tip page to
      appear if your previously opened Game Tip had
      more pages

* Fixed a bad bug that prevented NPC stores from
      opening up and causing inventory to not display
      correctly

* Fixed a texture bug causing all sarcophaguses in
      the Pyramid of Sivania to not display correctly

* Fixed a texture bug in the Praesidium Fortress'
      kitchen

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Back
Top Bottom