Daimera
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• It's been pretty much 3 and a half years now. Wondering how you are.
    I took a long break and came back recently.

FYI They've done jack all with the "Official Lore" and I haven't heard a peep about it since its release. I think the in-game Bestiary actually conflicts with it in a few places.
    So long, Terraria. Thank you for wasting 6+ years of my time.
    Reactions: TheQuietBisharp
    VictorLes
    VictorLes
    Well :red:, don't go. Terraria is a game where we make our adventure and our interpretations in this RPG/Sandbox game and most of the people won't notice the official lore they posted anyway. It's fun making our own histories because we are the ones doing it just because they made an "official" canon, it doesn't stop us from making our interpretations about what we see in the game.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Redigit shared some of this lore awhile ago in discord and a lot of people didn't really like it, kinda surprised they went with it. Anyway, like Yvori said, it's a total logic-bomb. Which, might actually be a good thing for any head canon writers as the lore literally makes no sense. It has holes and contradicts itself as well as the game even.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    I have some head cannon that conflicts this "lore" and honestly, it doesn't really bug me too much, just due to how bizarrely.. constructed it is.

You do great stuff Daimera, don't take this lore too seriously, as whoever wrote it didn't seem to either. I think it's safe to think of this lore as another's headcanon and not so much official lore.
    Don't know whether grasping at the last ropes of this burning bridge is worth the chance it'll do no more than burn my hands as it falls...
    BrusselSprouts693
    BrusselSprouts693
    Is this a suicide post? I really hope it's not.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Nah, just don't know what I'm gonna do about my continued participation in Terraria as a community. Largely relative to the 'job' posting, which I would have jumped at had it come years ago, before the bridge started burning.
    BrusselSprouts693
    BrusselSprouts693
    Well, best of luck with that.
    Well, it's been a year... and it looks like nothing has really changed. Oh well...
    Commander Crocket
    Commander Crocket
    Aye, 'tis no longer the haven it once was.
    darthmorf
    darthmorf
    Be the change you want to see. Nothing will happen through inaction.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I spent 6 years trying to be the change I wanted to see. Taking a year off really put into perspective how much of an effect that had, so I'm resigned to being what I was meant to be; just another drop in an ever-expanding ocean.
    Oh noooo.. come baaaack!

Besides being a talented content contributor, you've been a very friendly presence here on the forums, always having something nice to say and something to help others improve their work. I hope you can find happiness again, and just know that you have a community here who thinks you're AWESOME! Hope to see you again some day.
    KUprTga.png
    Woke up to the truth, like being in a coma chasing a dream that wasn't mine to pursue, and now everything hurts.
    Dg-vr
    Dg-vr
    i just hope things sort out Dai, take care please.
    Realith
    Realith
    Hope you get better Daimera! My prayers are with you. And stay strong! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و
    J-50N
    J-50N
    Whatever it is Dai, I'll be here if you need support, and I'm praying for you with all my heart.
    Thanks for the follow Daimera! Its appreciated! (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧
    Daimera
    Daimera
    ^ Basically this. Religious people who aren't jerks are slowly getting harder and harder to find online as the jerks get louder and anti-religious sentiment gets stronger over time driving the nicer people to get less and less outgoing because of them.
    Commander Crocket
    Commander Crocket
    Seems about right. It's been like this for as long as I remember, with the vocal and toxic minority overriding the actions of the placid majority. It's why very few things seem to change for the better nowadays.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    I would never call myself religious, though I have been agnostic rather than atheistic, but I always respected religions and people. Sadly, in my country most Christians end up being jerks, which is very noticeable even in any church or next to it.
    'Fic is officially done... now, whether or not it's worth the effort to repost it here...
    Reactions: neoselket
    neoselket
    neoselket
    I would say yes!
    Daimera
    Daimera
    It'd be a LOT of work, since it's about 87 pages plus an illustrated epilogue. I don't think it'd all fit in one post, but splitting a thread into 9 separate, rapidfire posts might be skirting the "don't double-post" rules.

On the plus-side, a friend of mine who was uninterested in Terraria before reading my 'fic is now playing Terraria because of my 'fic, which I consider a victory.
    pIxzzJF.png
    Pair of characters from an odd dream I had in 2014. Drawn on a stream I didn't announce here.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom