Bethany
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The four leaf clover feels very lucky. I like the vibrant green it has as well.

10/10 for luck. :D
    Reactions: Bethany
    Bethany
    Bethany
    Thanks! I left the central clover in its natural color and dimmed those around so it would stand out. In fact, it was one of I think four or five in the original photo. An unusually rich patch. I seem to have a knack for finding them.
    Is it possible to have too many synthesizers and effects? Maybe. But I'm doing my best to disprove it.
    ED209
    ED209
    Are you making music for resource packs?
    Bethany
    Bethany
    ED209, sorry to be so late replying. I make music and sound design for commercial clients, generally gigantic soulless corporations. Nothing with much artistic merit. It pays some of the bills though.
    ED209
    ED209
    I can think of worse ways to make money. The closet I've come to that is custom vanilla music boxes in my adventure map.
    Wanted to name a new mobile world "New Ashby-de-la-Zouch" — too long. "New Ashby-DLZ" will have to do. (A "Round the Horne" BBC comedy ref.)
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    I had a few of those moments myself when I tried to name two of my PC worlds, too: Vorticon VI (The Amazing World of Gumball, first one) and Ryan Genno (Ryan AZWC, potential multiplayer Expert world).
    Bethany
    Bethany
    hashtag: world-naming first-world problems
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    As it turns out, character limits should be a low priority. In that case, it would be the names you give to your worlds; I'm running out of ideas in that particular field.
    Four and a half pounds of baking chocolate. Maybe it's time to… bake something chocolate? Yeah, I know — a crazy, out-in-left-field idea.
    Visiting a music store this time of year really is a kick — when the people trying stuff out know how to play well, anyway! (They did.)
    Eeep! How in the world did I accumulate so much music-making software? Every time I think it's all installed I find something else.
    Just finished listening to Turangalîla. WOW. It'll take half an hour for my hair to stop standing on end. An astonishing piece of music.
    Techhunter_Talon
    aWolfen
    aWolfen
    Turanga Leela like, from Futurama?
    Bethany
    Bethany
    @Shadow_Mantis : Here's the version I listened to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTlc4Nvyhw4 Easy listening it's not! But rewarding if you absorb the atmosphere and give it time to sink in.

@aWolfen : Yuppers, kinda like — she was named after the musical piece. Futuristic music (for 1949, and for nowadays IMO), and a futuristic pilot. Good match. And a good catch on your part.
    Freshly baked old-style English bread. Freshly baked southern U.S. chocolate chess pie flavored with Amaretto (almond liqueur). YUM.
    Reactions: Pixel
    Bethany
    Bethany
    Strudel I've never tried to bake, but I love to eat it. Chocolate chess pie is sort of halfway between custard and fudge. The name's origin is unknown, but could come from an old-fashioned use of "cheese" to mean anything with cheese-like consistency.
    Bethany
    Bethany
    Oh, and it is called "chess." Allrecipes.com has several recipes. It's very easy to make, but very rich and packed with calories. Mine is close to this one, but with three eggs, more evaporated milk, less butter, and a few tablespoons of corn meal to thicken the filling: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/12581/chocolate-chess-pie-ii/
    Pixel
    Pixel
    Bethany just managed to bring the monster inside of me that is my hunger. God, I need to taste this cake.
    Business business business. Numbers. Yes, it is working. *is exhausted, with no time to play Terraria*
    I found one of those one day, but it's all dried up now...
    Reactions: Bethany
    Bethany
    Bethany
    A four-leaf clover? I figure they bring as much good luck dried as fresh… which is none at all, but they're fun to find! I hope good things happen for you, clover or no.
    Hurricane prep time. Water, food, gasoline, check generator, charge & update all mobile devices. Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Well, thanks, though it's hard to expect changes, as for now. It goes down, rather than better.
    Bethany
    Bethany
    It looks that way here in the US too. But remember the words of Martin Luther King (who paraphrased 19th-century Unitarian minister Theodore Parker): "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice." Work for good and hope for better times. They WILL come.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Well, my hope doesn't die, It's just the facts. And US has one of the best situations when it comes to money. Providing that for one USD you get one PLN in Poland, costs are like in USD, which is close to 4 PLN. Which means horribly high prices. Also the politics are on the low level, as well as lots of people here.
    Install iOS 8.4.1. Five minutes later, install iOS 9. Poor 8.4.1, gone before it began..
    Beat Plantera on the second try. Spider Armor + Terra Blade = wrong approach. Turtle Armor + Megashark + Chlorophyte Bullets = NEXT PHASE.
    Bethany
    Bethany
    I tried Spider Armor + Optic Staff (with TB backup) first. It didn't work out. My Frost and Chlorophyte Armor were back at the base when I decided to take on Plantera. To the rest of the why-nots, I'm not particularly interested in minimaxing. It's a game, not an engineering competition. As long as I win without dying too many times it's progress. Next Plantera will face a tougher me.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    INITIATE PHASE ONE. POWER UP THE BASS CANNON. FIRE.
    Bethany
    Bethany
    Wubs! Vinyl Scratch for the win.
    Sorry, Zulily and Zappos. I don't/won't buy dresses or shoes over the Internet. So let me uninstall the app and stop showing me adverts, 'k?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom