Mille Marteaux
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• does sharktooth necklace cause damage to be calculated as if the target had 5 less defense? i haven't looked into armor penetration much.
    Doylee
    Doylee
    That is exactly how it is calculated, actually. So take something with 20 defense, for example. You have both a shark tooth necklace and sharpening station buff at the same time. Your attack will act as if the target had only 11 defense, and do the appropriate amount of damage.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    yeah, i checked the wiki page for it and did light reading on defense afterwards. sharktooth may be slightly better than an emblem in early hardmode with crystal bullets on car, but i don't feel like testing it.

thanks for the feedback. i'll do tests later when i care enough. cheers
    Dalentim
    Dalentim
    on early hardmode they surely are, and they work with every damage type, be summoning/range/etc, making it great to use it instead of an emblem
    Hundjäger18
    Hundjäger18
    No gravitation potion? I think with one it would be half the time...that and titanium set, but excellent use of the EoC Shield, those were almost perfect hits on the last part.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    getting titanium involves investing time into fishing, or going out of your way to smash demon altars and praying. neither of those are things you'd have time to do in a speedrun.

dunno how much a grav potion would help, especially since it's not guaranteed in a speedrun context.
    U7m2Ss1.png
    Precious murderchild. Rebecca never fails to disappoint me.
    Reactions: JohnLePink
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Not sure what to think about her speed.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    She's fairly speed blessed right now, even for her high growth. I believe she's +4 ahead of her average. She'll double basically everything with ballistae in normal mode.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    The girl is so fast that adults will have problems with catching up to her...
    68ajTbN.png
    This is certainly shaping up to be an interesting Hector.
    Reactions: TheQuietBisharp
    TheQuietBisharp
    TheQuietBisharp
    Hector is the only lord I managed to get up to level 20, and I'm on chapter 28 I believe.
    Voffie
    Voffie
    I always get all 3 lords in FE7 to a combined level of at least 50 before promoting because it actually leads to a different chapter that I prefer other than having them below 50. All 3 of them are maxed level by end game or at least level 18.
    TheQuietBisharp
    TheQuietBisharp
    Oh yes, either Lloyd or Linus. I dislike fog of war.
    I like Canas. He's a disciple of the most powerful, dangerous magic in the world of Fire Emblem and he joins your for science or some junk. And now's he's gotta come save the world with you.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    I'll either give Luna a Mt value and make it no longer pierce RES or I'll just do what FE8 did and make it 50hit/10crit. The thing is that I LOVE the idea of weapons that pierce defenses.. just not as effectively as Luna does.

As for bosses, there's both Pure Water and the Barrier staff to make them approachable, and they typically have lower Def compensate.

Unless your name is Limstella.
    TheQuietBisharp
    TheQuietBisharp
    I'm pretty much a scrub and Lowen is like a level 11 paladin. I'll take any edge I can get, and Luna helps.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    Honestly, that's fair. I may just be losing scope. Initially I was just going to turn Isadora into a Hero (and also give her a usable Con stat) and give Snipers the +15 crit bonus that Swordmasters and Berserkers get. I may or may not be losing sight of my starting goal, which was just to have fun.
    pre-mech expert fishron is possible without any invincibility machines or anything. just very very difficult
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    easily killing destroyer would mean getting a stormbow anyway, which in that case you may as well just be going for fishron

another big problem is if you aren't careful, fishron will enter his third phase while there's still a cthulhunado up and if that happens you're basically as good as gone. too much stuff to bounce off of and not enough iframes
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    yeah no uzi is off the table as well, crystal bullets barely put out half the damage stormbow does
    W1K
    W1K
    Well that's a surprising result. I knew Stormbow to synergize ridiculously well with Holy Arrows but that's much more than I expected.
    RIP crystal bullets meta.
    Turns out the "class abilities" part of data is a bitfield. I can give Snipers both +15 crit and allow them to use ballistae. Excellent.
    This entire bottle of ketchup only has 800 calories. It seems I'm going to have to actually eat a proper meal today.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    Enjoy your ketchup.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    I honestly forgot I bought ketchup until yesterday. Water alone has been tiring, so just taking a sip of ketchup every so often has been refreshing.
    WRjjgrk.jpg
    Well, I got my last achievement now. I was done in not by a natural trap, but my own idiocy.
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    maybe, I never do a diagonal jump because that depends on the enviroment. sometimes there's no room for that.

And other times, I dodge one boulder to get hit by an other one instead.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    Avoiding traps is all about moving slowly and carefully, or "not diving headfirst into pitch black areas." You won't always have that luxury though due to random enemy spawns.

I've just been very, very deliberate in my underground movements, but now that I tripped over the achivement, I can just blindly YOLO into caves now. Maybe I'll pick up speedrunning?
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    Oh finally.
    i really appreciate the timer between posts because my mouse is glitchy and it regularly clicks "send" two or three times
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom