Recent content by BlueCorvid

1. BlueCorvid

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Zenith, as the final weapon, makes sense to me as a melee weapon and specifically as a sword, because it mirrors the Copper Shortsword, the player's first weapon. It feels strongly to me like a nostalgia item, meant to recall the player's journey from beginning to end -- a hard-won trophy that...
  2. BlueCorvid

Game Mechanics On the issue of social accessory slots in 1.4

It's possible that we have different definitions of "bad." Even if it's not unfair or game-breaking, if something is clearly unintended and doesn't add anything the creator of a game thinks is valuable, it doesn't belong in the game. It's not some kind of moral judgement. I don't think people...
  3. BlueCorvid

Game Mechanics Minion Slot/Light Pet Overhaul Ideas

Many suggestions have been made for how to give the summoner class more love, but I feel like a main holdout is that these options could be used by other classes for an unbalancing amount of free damage. To this end, vanilla Terraria has opted to keep buffs to summoners to a handful of class...
  4. BlueCorvid

There's just a lot of items in general that are super useful these days. With the added inventory space and the ability to get to safety and back to where we were with no hassle with the new Potions of Return, maybe we can start to let go of carrying everything on us at all times. (I know I'm...
  5. BlueCorvid

TL;DR: In case it wasn't clear, my argument isn't that it's just better now and everyone should stop complaining. It's that while I agree that the new system is an inconvenience, I don't think going back to the old system is the best way to solve the problem. I mean, clearly not, actually. I...
  6. BlueCorvid

You don't have to tell me that not everybody agrees with this, I'm here on this thread, aren't I? Anyway, I disagree. It's pretty clear to me that that's never what those slots were for. I used them that way too, in the past -- when I updated to 1.4 and realized I couldn't use them anymore, my...
  7. BlueCorvid

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't a better* solution than returning things to the way they were be to give often-swapped accessories an appearance on the character? *better, not necessarily easier It was always cheaty, not "a creative use of the item slots." I'm glad it's fixed, tbh.
  8. BlueCorvid

Pretty sure, yes. I did some testing myself (fought Golem with the various pre-Golem staffs) and this video shows a slightly bare-bones comparison of the raw damage output. It's noticeable enough (particularly in boss fights where the tiger suffers a little bit with that pounce occasionally...
  9. BlueCorvid

It may not be obvious to someone who's only using minions as a DPS boost and not as their main source of damage, but the Sanguine Staff is already the most powerful hardmode summon until after Plantera. It outdoes everything from the Optic Staff to the new Biome Chest summon, the Desert Tiger...
  10. BlueCorvid

Sprites The Summoner Rework - New weapons, armors and more!

I like the idea of items that shoot tiny temporary creatures counting as summons, but I think the idea of making it a whole new damage type is utterly stupid. Just let it get minion damage boosts.
  11. BlueCorvid

Summoners suffer for early game gear, but there's a wealth of it in hardmode. At the beginning of hardmode, the Blade and Spider Staffs become available from normal enemies, as well as the Pirate, Optic, and Sanguine Staffs from bosses and events. After Plantera, the Pygmy, Desert Tiger, Deadly...
  12. BlueCorvid

AI changes to some of the summons have been a little... painful. They get stuck on blocks now so much. For reference, I tested eight of each summon on Golem, Twins, and Skeletron Prime in Master Mode. The flying stuff all mostly did okay with targeting the bosses (for the twins, I played with...
  13. BlueCorvid

...Moving back to raw stats on equipment, haha.... I started this message to say that I thought that the Desert Tiger Staff felt a little underpowered for being a post-Plantera weapon, but after taking an afternoon to work my way to Plantera with a Journey Mode character to do some testing, I...
  14. BlueCorvid

I cannot disagree with this enough. While you might be right that there's no real reason to have these over Terraspark Boots, you make the mistake of thinking that a player can only ever have one of those things. These are fun things to do with extra boots. Keeping them in hurts absolutely...
  15. BlueCorvid

Arachnophobia & Mycophobia Texture Pack

I don't know anything about Terraria texture packs, but I know how to make pixel art. Any idea what you'd like to sub in for spiders? For mushrooms, some kind of underground tree would make sense, right? Edit: subterranean spider monkeys and giant glowing dandelions are my ideas.
Back
Top Bottom