Recent content by brbonfire

1. brbonfire

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

It'd be an improvement over its current state, and actually give a reason to appreciate getting it rather than selling it as junk as soon as you catch it. If you're going to just stand there with a fishing rod looking like a prat rather than exploring and doing other actually fun things you...
  2. brbonfire

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this. We seem to in places be saying the same thing? The example I gave was how bringing progression breaking items in should be discounted from the conversation because well, you can and always have been able to bring whatever you want into a new world...
  3. brbonfire

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

Yeah, the Reaver Shark did need to be changed. It was a pretty boring and uncreative way of doing it how it stood. And TBH if I'm just going to bring stuff from an existing world, why not just bring some endgame gear and a guide voodoo doll, drill down and kill the WoF for instant hardmode...
  4. brbonfire

PC Thoughts on Pre-Hardmode Summoner Viability

It honestly feels to me like Summoning is a purposefully incomplete class pre Hardmode, the same way that Throwing falls off a cliff once Hardmode starts. Like, you're supposed to be a mage and transition into summoner as soon as you can in Hardmode. Like, the summons exist to supplement your...
  5. brbonfire

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

I never actually used the reaver shark, tbh. I fish for the Angler and that's about it. Why stand with a fishing rod when you could be killing things for their drops instead? That being said, it was a nice little quirk you know? Something cool you could find if you knew how. A little...
  6. brbonfire

Npc happiness

Long post, but now that I think on it I completely agree with it. Couldn’t there have been a better way of implementing it? And on an aesthetic note, I liked to build single large towns and took pains to make sure the NPCs could navigate them. Because I really liked just watching the NPCs...
  7. brbonfire

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

"you gotta mine for armor to progress now" is both incorrect and also just plain... how do I put this? The rare metals are well... rare, and while I can see iron or lead comfortably having enough ore to get armored up, as you go up to the better metal armors the bar costs get positively...
  8. brbonfire

Npc happiness

Well, yes, I do know that. But the favourite biomes stuff is only a part of the puzzle and are you ever actually told where this information is in game? And yes, the NPCs will tell you who they like and dislike, but only when they're already near them and you'll have to shuffle NPCS around to...
  9. brbonfire

Npc happiness

Good Moon Lord I hadn't even thought about that! All these completely unexplained features are basically going to slow down the game and irritate a new player. Now, happiness isn't so bad because there's a button there and you can infer pretty quickly what it means, but actually using the damn...
  10. brbonfire

Why is torch luck a mechanic?

Torch luck's a great mechanic woefully implemented. Like, I'm trying to be generous here but regardless of the size or effect of the penalties, reducing drops and rigging the rng against you when using basic torches without patch notes, tooltips, or any explanation of luck is nothing short of...
  11. brbonfire

Was the zoologist design a bad idea?

Her aesthetic is awful, and her speech is like nails on chalkboard, which is rather impressive considering it's just a text box. I do not like her, no, not one bit. I dislike her as much as as that useless goddamned Dye Trader thinks the forest isn't good enough for him! WELL, DANEL, LET'S SEE...
  12. brbonfire

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Y'know they could have just made basic torches luck neutral. But this works too.
  13. brbonfire

PC Thoughts on Pre-Hardmode Summoner Viability

The whips are wonderful but you're right, the summon weapons just... do not work as well as they should pre hardmode.
  14. brbonfire

Npc happiness

Just popping in here to give my 2 cents. This... honestly isn't great. While having towns all over the place to avoid price penalties isn't that bad in theory and the penalties can just be powered through, the psychology of the system is all wrong. By that, I mean how the player is meant to...
Back
Top Bottom