Recent content by CrabBar

1. CrabBar

Items DST Equipment might need a huge buff...

Considering that most if not all food recipes that are "critter on a Cooking Pot" are 10 minutes tier 1 buff, it'd absolutely be fitting for Sauteed. It could be a bit higher because encountering and staying near Jungle is not as simple as Surface/Snow, but is ultimately counteracted by 1) Frogs...
  2. CrabBar

PC In-game achievements wiped. Any way to restore?

What happened is the following: The achievement list was fully complete both in game and Steam ever since 1.4.1 update. Today, I accidentally launched the game in Family Share mode instead of regular launch. From prior observations on another device, any time the game is launched there...
  3. CrabBar

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I honestly won't believe it would actually accomplish anything other than mild annoyance of inconsistent mechanics. If leaving spectre boots' little flight time to negate fall damage is not too complex, pressing glide at any point is a no-brainer as soon as you get used to that If something...
  4. CrabBar

The worst two to combo are actually mage and summoner. Both require a lot of investment in stats from armor and effects from accessories and start clashing with each other. Forbidden Armor for example fails to provide either class a respectable benefit compared to single class armors like Spider...
  5. CrabBar

Indeed, boots have a few alternatives, but due to their overall rarity it doesn't really matter in the long term. Aside from exploring simply accessible parts of 2-3 biomes to increase the chest loot sample size (which you still need to get to without boots, and Desert is another can of tomb...
  6. CrabBar

I'd bite the bullet again and remind that giving summoner the option to freely crit will be a balancing disaster. Early on, while crit sources would indeed help increase summoner's damage, it's not a huge benefit (most of crit is Lucky reforge, when Menacing would be favored) and won't assist...
  7. CrabBar

Calamity was done by Shyguymask, and overall this concept kinda isn't alluring enough to...

Calamity was done by Shyguymask, and overall this concept kinda isn't alluring enough to prioritize past the vanilla version, sorry
  8. CrabBar

Yeah, that much I can agree with. Whips are highly uncomfortable to use and their benefit can be often outdone by respawning a sentry or a minion on top of enemies, let alone proper weaponry. The only niche they have definitely obtained is pairing them with Blade Staff for doubled damage. Along...
  9. CrabBar

Considering the tag from whips lasts only 4 seconds, it is tricky to mix with any regular damage weapon, constantly swapping weapons back and forth. Might as well just use the off-class main weapon constantly (or mix it with Golden Shower that lasts 10 seconds and can actually be a decent...
  10. CrabBar

Actually, there was one idea by Syed Zarrar Bokhari (they don't use forums but I'd like to credit them anyway) that Travelling Merchant could be possible source for the Pygmy Necklace. It does make sense thematically, since, well, the necklace is quite an artifact to find in far lands. The free...
  11. CrabBar

Gravitation Potion is a droplet (albeit the most reliable one) in the cup of possibilities. Straightforward building ropes/sky bridges; simple snake charmer's flute; classy golf ball; 200iq ricochet shots/fallen stars; and even seeing some in plain sight in Small worlds. Let alone the fact that...
  12. CrabBar

Some part of me is sad because while Pygmy Necklace is going to be moved and help summoners' progression a bunch, it is going to be locked behind Queen Bee, which is already notorious for being Summoner's main powerhouse in Pre-Hardmode. And there is no reasonable design-wise alternative to...
  13. CrabBar

From my experience, most True Melee weapons including Starlight are balanced; around being risky options on mobs and atrocious on non-Normal Mode bosses that is, but balanced to each other indeed.
  14. CrabBar

It is pretty tricky and even ironic, because by no means they are bad weapons in grand scheme of all classes, but out of ranger equipment they have even more powerful analogues. when will my headache of Ranger existence finally come to the end? That being said, they already have a good niche of...
  15. CrabBar

+1 to all the conclusions. Phantasm one sort of makes sense as Celestial tier weapons are the best pre-ML gear, but the gap is probably a tad big for that. Archery potion might actually have a simpler nerf that will mostly affect later game bows instead of the whole progression: replace...
Back
Top Bottom