Daimera
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Awww, what happened to Abberant? He was cool.
    Reactions: Daimera
    Daimera
    Daimera
    He's around. I've probably drawn him more than any other Terrarian subject matter. XD Sometimes I like to give my followers a break (by drawing more horrifying things, teehee).

If you're talking about my avatar, though, that usually just fluctuates with whatever piece of art I'm fond of at the time, barring holiday festivities.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I guess I'm just a bit more discerning on the issue, given how often I draw Face Monsters and am quite familiar with my take on their unnatural anatomy. I see that and I just see an animatronic fox with too many teeth who's having a reeeal bad day (I'm not terribly familiar with FNAF outside of its Tumblr bandwagon hype).
    Scarecrow
    Scarecrow
    when did I say it was an issue? I just found it entertaining that it looked so similar to your face monster drawings.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Sorry. I used to get so many "your pic looks like this popular thing that you don't play/watch" comments on DA years ago and it still kinda bugs me to this day. It always feels like a slight even when it's not intended to be. :\
    Do you like pizza?
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Yeah, quite a bit. I haven't eaten any in a while because of my diet, though. :c Kinda miss it.
    Cripes, you don't realize how many frames some of the in-game mobs have until you study the game assets to animate your own, hahaha. T3T;
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I mean, in the grand scheme of things, they're not THAT many frames (only a couple more than most of my Risk of Rain sprites). I just wasn't expecting a 14-16-frame walk animation. Zombies have only a 3-frame walk!
    Zoomo
    Zoomo
    wutchu animating?

and yeah some (e.g. unicorn) have quite a few frames.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I animated my entry to the Weekly Spriting Challenge for fun. It should've been a simple task but I ended up overcomplicating it, as I do with most things in my life, hahaha. T3T
    Do you draw by hand, or on a computer, or on a tablet, or what?
    Is there a thread for the keeper?
    Daimera
    Daimera
    There used to be back on TO, but the TCF transfer was chaotic and traumatic so I decided to only bring over my art thread and one suggestion. Everything else I merged with the art thread, including the Keeper, in the Textwalls section.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Just type @ and part of their name, including spaces, and it should bring up a small pop-up of all members that have their names starting with whatever you typed.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Yeah, I managed to get one of them to work, but the one for Jah for some reason didn't pick up. Something about the hyphens, I think, messed it up.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Yeah, the hypens mess it up, just gotta use spaces instead, as it looks for exact name spellings.
    Never saw the old Garoglyes series as a kid. Gonna rectify that mistake.
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    It was one of the best shows ever. The almighty Xanatos Gambit.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I've been familiar with the Trope but having not seen the show, I never quite understood why he was chosen as the Trope Namer. He is, in fact, quite the magnificent bastard, haha. I'm really enjoying it so far.
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    I had a Xanatos action figure when I was a kid. I never fully appreciated it..
    Ur art is amazing and I like it very much! This eyeball be following you... Oooooooo
    Reactions: Snickerbobble
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I feel an evil presence watching me...

...I'm fine with that.
    Is that Aberrant?
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Nope, just random face monster.

Kinda funny how nobody asked that of my last avatar (the answer woulda still been no), but the moment I set one on fire suddenly multiple people ask me if it's my precious pet NPC.

I don't understand you guys!
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Huh.. I've got a selective memory, I can't remember it but if you showed me it I'd probably go OH YEAH that. Maybe it's because we care if your character is (un)dead or not?
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Now I wonder how a skelebobble would look..
    The "no request" thing saddens me a bit, I'd probably ask id you could have a go at envisioning the final boss for my Doom mod, we still have no idea where we'll find a texture artist/spriter etc that can even begin on it, lol. Your style could make something amazing I bet.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Animation is always a pain in the butt.. but the feeling when your creation comes to life is worth it.
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    Add to Doom's troubles, the limited palette if aiming for vanilla compatibility (Revilution is this)

Basically though, what we need is a custom Icon of Sin, ie wall monster, lol. I was more along the lines of "concept sketch" though than textures :p
    Setting fire to OC's is good times.
    Reactions: Daimera
    Daimera
    Daimera
    I'm not that mean to Aberrant. :c Well, actually, I am. But this is just a spoopy scary skeleton face monster. Just 'cause.
    Tovlyn
    Tovlyn
    Oh, I guess the jaw looked familiar, so I presumed. Still an awesome spoopy skeleton tho.
    I'm trying to figure out how face monsters eat...
    Daimera
    Daimera
    The way I draw them, the vertically-aligned teeth are attached to jaws in the throat where you'd expect tonsils, and are what can close to bite.

Yes, I've given this a lot of thought.
    MiltVala
    MiltVala
    Ooh interesting!
    Snickerbobble
    Snickerbobble
    They must be able to shovel a lot of food with those massive lower jaws.
    A'ight, time to spoop up this avatar.
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    Your a Doomer? I think I love you.
    Daimera
    Daimera
    Not so much recently, but it was a major part of my PC gaming when I was young. I think I even have cacodemon sculptures buried somewhere in storage that I made in ceramics class in, like, third grade. Great times.
    Devalaous
    Devalaous
    As someone whos a creative director for two Doom mods, and music director for one of those as well, you have no idea how much of a fangirl squeal I practically have at reading this.

Few people appreciate that timeless game.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom