DJFlare84
Last Activity:
May 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM
Birthday:
Oct 15, 1985

Share This Page

DJFlare84

Mechanic, Male, 33

Where's the 1.3.6? There was SUPPOSED to be an Earth-shattering 1.3.6! Nov 12, 2018

DJFlare84 was last seen:
May 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM
    1. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Where's the 1.3.6? There was SUPPOSED to be an Earth-shattering 1.3.6!
      1. neoselket likes this.
      2. varvolgyibeni
        varvolgyibeni
        soon™
        Nov 12, 2018
    2. TheWorfer27
      TheWorfer27
      Happy birthday!
      1. DJFlare84 likes this.
      2. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        Awh, thanks man! Sorry I missed this. lD
        Oct 21, 2018
    3. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      is suffering from Blastblight!
    4. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Where my fellow hunters at!? Generations Hunters holla atcha boy! (Edit: We are ABSOLUTELY talking Monster Hunter!)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        Hells yeah. Need some new hunting buddies!
        Apr 3, 2017
      3. Myu
        Myu
        There's actually a social group dedicated to monhun, there's quite a few people there.
        Apr 3, 2017
      4. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        Sweet I haven't been on in a while.
        Apr 3, 2017
    5. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Gemini! The stars are out tonight...
    6. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      is the man who arranges the blocks that are building the highly secret base!
    7. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      I tell her "I think that you're the one". Her answer... is a brother with a loaded gun!?
      1. Eli10293 likes this.
    8. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Nanites are confusing.
      1. JohnPlaysMRT likes this.
    9. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      ... is it possible to edit some value in a map to turn Expert Mode off?
    10. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      You know you're addicted to Monster Hunter when you're okay with the fact that 90% of your playtime is spent just staring at your item box.
    11. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      I... AM... BATMAN!!!
    12. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      God DAMN. Hermitaur Z is some freakin' NICE armor!
      2. Erienna Nakagai
        Erienna Nakagai
        When the GX Tempest set is released here, I can get my current set, but with Razor Sharp as an added bonus. Right now my skills are Evasion +3, Sneak, Sharpness +1, and Evade Extender.
        Jul 29, 2015
      3. aWolfen
        aWolfen
        Really the guard skills are only useful if you put full use into Guard Points. More general things you should go for are Evasion, since it's easier to master.
        Jul 29, 2015
      4. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        :red: you know I'm all ABOUT dem Guard Points. Charge Blade is easily my favorite weapon. <3
        Jul 29, 2015
    13. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Who's your friend that likes to play?!
    14. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      "F*** YOU." - Me giving a Rathalos my last f***, and why I have none left to give.
      2. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        Speaking of forgetting things, HOW GREAT IS IT that base camp now always has extra temp drinks?
        Jul 28, 2015
      3. Azu
        Azu
        I would never have them and/or use them if it didn't.
        (I haven't played any other monster hunter games, by the way.
        Jul 28, 2015
      4. DJFlare84
        DJFlare84
        As you know, in hi-ranks the supplies tend to arrive at the half-time point of missions instead of right at the start. In earlier games, if you went to the supply box right at the start, you tended to only find maps and torches. So if you were a derpadumb and forgot your hot drinks... lol
        Jul 28, 2015
    15. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Just saw Inside-Out. Excuse me. I have a... slime... in my eye...
      1. Fatx_
        Fatx_
        "Best pixar movie since UP" my :red:
        Jul 26, 2015
      2. Zwift
        Zwift
        lol^^^^
        Jul 26, 2015
    16. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Anyone who can guess what that thing is behind me in my avatar gets a silent nod of approving acknowledgement.
      1. CraftedNightmare Here!
        CraftedNightmare Here!
        Painted Lamp?
        Jul 26, 2015
      2. Gmayor61
        Gmayor61
        phallus statue
        Jul 26, 2015
      3. DJFlare84
        Jul 26, 2015
    17. DJFlare84
      1. CinamonPizza
        CinamonPizza
        I thought youmwere Loki and K was like "HOO THERE LOKI I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MOD" then I saw who you really were and I just thought "lol ok."
        Jul 24, 2015
    18. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      Something-something... Monster Hunter!
      1. Erienna Nakagai likes this.
      2. Erienna Nakagai
        Erienna Nakagai
        Gotta repel that Apex virus and get those Zenith Wyvern Gems L.
        Jul 24, 2015
    19. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      has overcome the Frenzy. DJFlare84 is now an APEX MONSTER.
    20. DJFlare84
      DJFlare84
      is infected with the Frenzy!
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 15, 1985 (Age: 33)
    Re-Logic Games Owned:
    • Terraria: PC
    • Terraria: Mobile
    Proud (original) author of the official Terraria Forums Guidelines for Criticism.

~RULES OF "CRITICISM"~
    The suggestions forum is perhaps the biggest hotbed of arguments, by virtue of it being a birthplace of ideas people might disagree with. Unfortunately, when some people disagree with an idea, they tend to say things of or in a manner most would disagree with in a MORAL sense. We'd like that to stop. So to help out, I made a list of very specific and helpful guidelines on how not to be "inappropriate" in the suggestions forum.

... I don't think people actually need to be taught how not to be a jerk, but it would probably help if we outlined the stuff some of you used to do and thought you could get away with, and then told you not to do it, hm? Alright? Okay. Let's begin.

1. PURELY AESTHETIC SUGGESTIONS ARE NEVER BAD.
    This is probably the most common complaint I see so I'd like to address it first.

Remember that the suggestions forum was opened to embrace all sincere ideas. While there may be "bad" suggestions, Aesthetic changes will never ever fall under that label because they are purely aesthetic, meaning they are literally all about opinions. If you disagree with an opinion about AESTHETICS, that NEVER means you are right. It just means you disagree.

And remember that you are not the developers, so you absolutely cannot make the call as to what ideas are "un-necessary". Don't ever state a lack of necessity as a reason for a suggestion to be considered bad. That's not your call to make.

2. IF AN IDEA IS BAD, OUTLINE EXACTLY, PRECISELY WHY. DON'T JUST SAY IT'S BAD.
    This... is pretty much self explanatory. If you think an idea may actually be bad for the game, specify why. A suggestion may throw off the balance, a suggestion may break the smooth progression, a suggested item or weapon or armor may be too powerful. Tell us why! And more than that...

3. DON'T JUST POST TO DISAGREE WITH AN IDEA. SUGGEST WAYS IT COULD BE BETTER.
    This one is really more of a suggestion than a rule, because if you've followed rule 2 you've already completed what I refer to as "the bare minimum required effort". But, if you really want to be super duper ultra helpful, you could take this idea you disagree with, and recommend some ways it could work better. That, my friends, is called "constructive criticism", and is generally liked.

4. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
    A lot of people think that offering criticism is a free pass to bash an opinion. But I think, perhaps, that word does not mean what you think it means.

Criticism is not merely a nice label we can slap on our displeasure to justify our nasty words. Criticism is an art, and it consists of doing all of the above in a positive fashion. Why?

Because Criticism is meant to help an artist (or in this case, a suggester) improve. Criticism is MEANT to be positive by nature. Making it negative defeats the very purpose of the criticism and... actually makes it not criticism at all. If you're not going to contribute to an idea in any sort of positive fashion... don't post. How can you not post? Simple.

5. DON'T TAKE A SUGGESTION TOO SERIOUSLY.
    For one thing, there is a LOT going on with Terraria already. It will probably be very rare that any suggestions from here get picked up to actually go in the game. More than anything, the suggestions forum is like a place where people go "What if?", and have nice little daydreams.

Does an idea seem "un-necessary"? Well, you remember what I said about that, and relax.

Does an idea just seem really really bad? If it's ACTUALLY really really bad, don't SAY anything! A really really bad idea won't get any support and will thus get overlooked after a while. Plus, if you POST on it, you're only bumping the idea to get more attention from people who might disagree with you and like it, instead. So, either way, your best bet is to move on. Relax.

Does a bad idea seem really popular? WELL guess what. YOU MIGHT KINDA BE WRONG. But aside from that, think about the likelihood of any idea (even a popular one) getting picked up. You're blowing this way out of proportion. Relax.

~IN CLOSING...~
    Thank you for taking the time to read this excerpt on what not to do in the suggestions forum. Take these words to heart, because these are THE RULES. Members are encouraged to REPORT any posts that break these rules. Members. All the ordinary everyday forumfolk who also read your posts. That's a LOT of people able to bring the heat down on you. And this just gave them permission to do it. So, think about that.

Signature

Check out some of my ideas if you like.

Rod of Discord was not overpowered, some people are just very easily impressed.