Recent content by Doanage

1. Doanage

Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

[Image replaced by moderator] It's public domain so it isn't copyrighted. Just saying, we should pay our tribute to the one true god by making a spaghetti monster vanity set. (noodly legs, meatball torso, eyestalks headpiece) Obviously I don't want credit for it. I just think this should be...
  2. Doanage

Weapons & Equip Stardust Armor Upgrade

Here's a potential solution that would require tactical interaction from the player: I think it would be cool if the guardian's first attack after teleporting placed a % damage reduction debuff on the enemies it hits. The debuff would require consuming a player buff that would eventually...
  3. Doanage

Weapons & Equip Enchantable Recall Runes, and Rune Books

Lol. I didn't miss what you said about the minecart rail or the hole. I included them in the requirements because if they're necessary for doing it in 30 minutes then they have to be part of the process. I mean, if creating optimal teleports quickly requires building time-consuming...
  4. Doanage

You make a fair point. Consider me persuaded.
  5. Doanage

I'm aware of that. I was responding to ppowersteef's question about how it should be balanced. If you take a personal weapon out of the equation and balance the armor toward just summons, then hypothetically that would make the armor overpowered for players who chose to also use a personal...
  6. Doanage

I'd love that. The timer starts upon digging the first block or laying the first piece (switch, teleporter, wire, or track) and ends when the final piece is placed. Please include any digging or track-laying that assists in the process, and please upload your video to youtube. ;3 If you can do...
  7. Doanage

Summons alone. Then if that makes it OP, okay. So? It's not like Terraria is a competitive online game. If people get bored using the OP summoner armor they can always switch back to the other armors that everyone already uses instead anyway.
  8. Doanage

Game Mechanics Enforced Droprates and Dynamic Lootpools

That's a really simple and elegant way to achieve the 2nd part of what Lord Garak is talking about. Great idea.
  9. Doanage

Game Mechanics Change how loot rewards are chosen

This would be very easy to implement actually. It's quite an elegant solution. Great idea.
  10. Doanage

Those are my common teleport locations as well--in addition to a skylake for fishing, and a honey lake, and usually a couple others. (When I can persuade myself that it's worth the time, which is hard to do these days--especially for fishing.) However, even for just the ones that you mentioned...
  11. Doanage

I see no problem with that. XD But then, I've never been a fan of grinding lol. But really, if the purpose of RNG is to give a bit of thrill at the prospect of getting lucky, this is still preserved because after all, the player could always get lucky and find the drop in the first couple of...
  12. Doanage

The number of kills required to get a drop is a "geometric" distribution, with the drop chance as the parameter. Knowing this, the developers would need to choose what they believe is a reasonable probability of "success" by the Xth kill, and then use X as the number of kills to reach before...
  13. Doanage

Game Mechanics Scaredy Bosses

While I don't hate the idea in principle, I think the amount of work to implement the system would far outweigh the fairly minimal payoff. Even assuming we can all agree that this enhances the game, by how much? Enough to justify coding additional AI algorithms for the "scaredy" behavior of...
  14. Doanage

Sounds like a great idea to me--in both cases.
  15. Doanage

Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

This is freaking cool. Nice work.
Back
Top Bottom