Recent content by DoYouEvenCookie

1. DoYouEvenCookie

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

I need a little help. enemies I create do much more damage with projectiles than with contact, even though I use npc.damage as the damage value for the projectile, and this problem is amplified in expert mode, effectively making projectiles that one shot the player. what gives? private void...
  2. DoYouEvenCookie

Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

I'm trying to make a boss minion circle a boss quickly to absorb some hits, but I have no idea how to make it circle. I know the example mod has the captive elements around the abomination, but I've spent about 4 hours trying to figure that out and can't. Can any one explain this to me?
  3. DoYouEvenCookie

I have a small problem here I want to animate my forge which has a frame sheet just like the animated loom in the example mod, and I can't seem to get it to work. I have here code for it, which has the some of the voidMololith's animation code in the example mod. But it has a longer sprite...
  4. DoYouEvenCookie

Your mod name in the code is wrong it shouldn't be ExampleMod but 551
  5. DoYouEvenCookie

Some of my bossed have been named "No:Name" on spawn. But I have a name for them. Here's the code for one. Code: using System; using System.IO; using Microsoft.Xna.Framework; using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics; using Terraria; using Terraria.ID; using Terraria.ModLoader; namespace...
  6. DoYouEvenCookie

I have a couple of questions about npc ai, projectile ai, and other stuff for my custom boss. I be soo lost - how do I draw a giant rectangle, with the player's position, when it is first drawn, as the center when the boss is first summoned, and stay put until the boss is defeated or leaves...
  7. DoYouEvenCookie

YAY! an answer Thank You! Now I have a semi-Functional boss I have a couple of questions about npc ai, projectile ai, and other stuff for my custom boss. If anyone can answer 1 please do, you don't have to answer all of them - how do I draw a giant rectangle, sort of like the circle around the...
  8. DoYouEvenCookie

I haven't tested this but public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit) { player.statMana += 6; //Heals Mana by 6; Can be changed of course player.HealEffect(6); //Shows a green 6 above your head to show you've...
  9. DoYouEvenCookie

put this in your weapon public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit) { player.statLife += 2; player.HealEffect(2); } you can change the 2 to the number you want healed per hit
  10. DoYouEvenCookie

I have a couple of questions about npc ai, projectile ai, and other stuff for my custom boss. I be soo lost - how do I make the npc texture change to something else kinda like the EoC changes to have a mouth. - how do I make the npc shoot a projectile from the edge of the texture and not the...
  11. DoYouEvenCookie

How might I prevent an enemy npc from despawning? I have a worm and some of the segments despawn and it gets annoying since it's a boss I want it to never despawn like the destroyer on another note, how do I make it disappear if the player dies or when it's day. I can never get that to happen
  12. DoYouEvenCookie

can anyone answer any of these, or point me towards tutorials that explain these things to me.
  13. DoYouEvenCookie

oh lol I'm dumb thanks
  14. DoYouEvenCookie

I am trying to make a gun that turns any bullet into a custom shot, not just musket balls, and I tried public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref int knockback) { if (type ==...
  15. DoYouEvenCookie

projectile.aiType = ProjectileID.Arkhalis; this used to work in setdefaults and now it doesn't, but I didn't change it error Terraria.Projectile does not contain a definition for aiType and no extention method aiType accepting a first argument of type Terraria.Projectile could be found
Back
Top Bottom