Elemental Δ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So 1.4.4 will be the 'final final final final FINAL update, for real this time, no seriously, we mean it', right?
    Playing some lightly modded Minecraft, find an Ancient City, decide to loot it, and find THIS nightmare. There's 8 Shriekers in this image, all very much in range of the chests, and all very much ready to spawn a Warden.

Screenshot (1500).png
    Esther
    Esther
    Oh no...
    Russ Guss Doodles
    Russ Guss Doodles
    I would have pillared up really high and dropped some tnt on them. There's no way to surround them all with wool.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    My plan was both smarter AND dumber than the TNT. I broke the few sensors that were in range of the chests, running for the conveniently placed wool pathway every time until I could grab the loot.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Esther
    ...and attempt 5 has fallen. Angry Tumblers. Couldn't get to my mirror fast enough.
    • Sad
    Esther
    Esther
    I think someone somehow managed to sneak a Totem of Undying in your inventory or something?
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Another decade of luck gone, but...
    If it somehow happens again, I'll declare it dead, but I'll gladly abuse this once.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    I now have recall potions bound to a hotkey for near-instant escapes.
    Hopefully it keeps attempt 5 breathing for longer.
    Who decided changing the YouTube layout was a good idea?
    I have a pointy implement I would like to introduce to them.
    The new layout is garbage.
    Reactions: Orchamut
    zenithspeed
    zenithspeed
    youtube always has had the worst layouts AND the buggiest site
    it's 100% up there with FANDOM and Reddit in terms of how bad the site is in general
    Glasia🌳
    Glasia🌳
    WORST WEBSITE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2024

Group A:
    Youtube, Fandom, Reddit

Finals: 2024-06-20, 09:00 PM UTC+2, Berlin stadium
    I decided to brave the underground jungle for a bit, and got a heart statue and a sharpening station. Not enough to get a Blade of Grass, mostly because I'm too paranoid to use the Starfury down there. Queen Bee is a scary thought with no dash.

In other news, a Slime Rain is happening, which I'd be okay with if I had an arena. As it stands, if King Slime spawns, I just save and quit.
    ethan2🥐
    ethan2🥐
    The starfury stars only pass through blocks necessary to have them reach your cursor. Let's say you moved your cursor into the insides of an NPC's home and swung. The star would go through the roof, but not the floor.
    So as long as you know your cursor isn't below or in a bee's nest, its safe.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    I'd rather be safe, especially in hardcore, but I appreciate it.
    Attempt 4 died in an attempt to cross the Corruption with cactus armor and a wand of sparking.

Attempt 5 is Melee in another Corruption world.
    Maybe I'll have more luck with that...
    Attempt 4 is a Summoner in a Corruption world. Luckily, I've found some living trees, so I'm holding out hope for a finch staff.
    • Love
    Esther
    Esther
    If you can tunnel or bridge over the jungle and reach shimmer safely then a living wood wand would work too?
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    It would, yes, but I'd rather avoid having to cross the jungle if at all possible, because bats.
    ...and so Hardcore attempt 2 dies to my own stupidity. I attempted to grab a wall with shoe spikes, but was just a little bit early, causing me to take a tiny 5700 damage.

On to attempt 3, I suppose...
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Attempt 3 is a mage in a Crimson world. I'm sure this can only go well...
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    World gen has decided that this attempt is doomed to failure. I'm still going to try, but it's not looking good.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Yeah, I'm penned in with Crimson on the left and Desert on the right. Nothing interesting in between.
    Time to get back to hardcore...

The plan is build a safe tunnel over the Corruption, with a sand floor for extra speed.
    Esther
    Esther
    Add walls to the tunnel too, to make sure no worms decide to spawn on you.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Way ahead of you.

Side note, decided to just abandon the tunnel for now, since I managed to get across the corruption without it, and grabbed about 200 ice for frostburn arrows. I'll come back to it at some point, but not now.
    Another "fun" decision I made is to make the class I play random. So far, 4 lucky rolls. 2 Corruption worlds, 2 Ranged characters.

Priority one: Get Frostburn arrows.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Attempt 2 has seen 2 sunrises so far, but sleep calls me, and I cannot resist.
    Bad news for the attempt, the snow biome is on the far side of a corrupted desert. Came up with a plan, thanks to some Dunerider boots I found at the bottom of a living tree, but that's a problem for future me.
    ...well, time to do hardcore. Might as well, seeing as I've dumped well over 1000 hours in to our funny little 2D block game that's had more final updates than not.
    EyeOfTheCosmos
    EyeOfTheCosmos
    legendary
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Going to say no to Legendary, but I will do Master mode, for the relics.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Left world evil up to RNG, got Corruption, which is very good for me. I cannot understate how awful Crimson would be.

...might actually record every attempt for... something. Might make a massive death compilation or something at the end, with a full tour of the world.
    I hate the fact that I can't visualize human characters in my head.

Insectoid shape? I can see it pretty clearly.
    Humanoid but a different species? Kind of blurry, but I have most of it.
    Human? One or two details, the rest is a fog.

The less human it is, the better I can see it. It sucks, considering a decent chunk of the characters I've added to my list are (mostly) human.
    • Love
    Reactions: zenithspeed
    zenithspeed
    zenithspeed
    saaaame
    it doesn't help that my three main characters look very human despite being robots, it's probably the main reason why i haven't really drawn them, never ends up looking like how i want it to (tbf it's always like that)
    Esther
    Esther
    I have that problem with non-human characters more. Humans I can usually have good mental images for, Pokemon are freebies until I make their designs unique (unless I limit myself), but non-humans that aren't Pokemon or a well-known species? My brain just goes *Esther's brain has left the server*
    Well, the text file I have that has most of my (currently) unused character ideas has reached 12 characters.
    They just keep showing up. I can't stop them.
    Don't really want to stop them, but I couldn't if I wanted to.

...knowing me, I'll probably hit 20 in a month or two.
    Shimmer has permanently altered the way I play Terraria. It makes it acceptable, if not preferable, to get the pharaoh set in pyramids, because you can Shimmer it to get both accessories.

Also, I'm playing Terraria for the first time in a while, if it wasn't obvious.
    ...didn't even realize they took enchanted boomerangs out of gold chests. They can only be crafted now.
    Reactions: A_Mazarians_Boat
    Jackiethederg
    Jackiethederg
    The enchanted boomerang is a very good starting weapon, all you need to do is walk around the surface for a wooden boomerang (why can't we craft them..?), and wait until night for a fallen star
    Orchamut
    Orchamut
    Oh drat I forgot the damage was buffed significantly in 1.4.4.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Not to mention you can use it to craft the Trimarang, or the Flamarang, if you wait long enough or have two.
    The power of a creative copy of your main world...
    First build in this area, a water wheel because Create is fun. The plan is a vaguely... I guess almost tribal(?) work area? Almost like a district for working, separate from the housing.
    Screenshot (1419).png
    Terraformed some of the terrain, but I think it's good.
    ...so I finally understand what a blorbo really is.
    my blorbo.jpg

Him.
    ...completely unrelated, was there a way to preview posts before actually posting, or have I lost the last remnants of my sanity?
    Subnautica Cyclops only:
    Got all 8 ion power cells, 6 for the Moontide(my Cyclops), and 2 for the Neptune, and spent my last two ion cubes in the Primary Containment Facility to do all of that. I grabbed all the hatching enzyme ingredients earlier, so just a few trips to and from the Moontide to do all of that. (1/2)
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Went through the portal in the PCF to turn off the gun, and now it's just one final mad dash for the Neptune resources. Also, I want to hug the Sea Emperor. She deserves it.
    No, I don't care that the game is almost 10 years old, I'm still putting spoiler warnings.
    Vespillo
    Vespillo
    Nice.

P.S.: Subnautica is an amazing experience and deserves to be un-spoiled for eternity - you did the right thing.
    Orchamut
    Orchamut
    I've played several times and can't pass the second area so the game will in fact be un-spoiled for eternity for me :indifferent:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom