Recent content by esotericist

1. esotericist

Terraria State of the Game - June 2023

so while you guys are tinkering with world/character creation, any chance we could get a method to make the sun/moon not constantly cycle? it's highly distracting to constantly deal with light/dark/light/dark/light/dark while you're trying to pick out colors and whatnot. pinning it in place...
  2. esotericist

**REPORTED** Bugs related to the latest secret seed (get fixed boi)

for a concrete example of the problem here: a substantial percentage of the jungle in this remix seed world is corrupted before hardmode starts simply due to the lateral positioning of the jungle. if the hallow is actually meant to replace the corruption on that edge, then either the hallow...
  3. esotericist

**REPORTED** (Fixed as of 1.4.4.9) Chlorophyte Extractinator Can't Convert Between Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales

shimmer would be really awesome for pre-hardmode characters in some world configurations, but i'm guessing you didn't want us doing this that early if you were tying it to the chloro-extractinator. though it's waaay past when it'd be relevant at that point.
  4. esotericist

Oiled debuff not working.

you should probably make the video unlisted, if not public.
  5. esotericist

Resolved Grappling Hook Doesn't Work Sometimes

it's no problem. this is one of those weird pitfalls we really shouldn't be having decades into gaming being mainstream, but here we are
  6. esotericist

Resolved Grappling Hook Doesn't Work Sometimes

you can try to use something like microsoft's keyboard ghosting demonstration notably, keyboards are often arranged internally in a 'row and column' system, and it's common for there to be limitations that can occur with two keys on the same row or the same column to have trouble when other...
  7. esotericist

**REPORTED** remix seed appears to have ocean everywhere in the 'surface' layer above the mushroom layer

thanks for the extra testing and the additional data. as an aside, i find it strange that the ocean catches also show up in biomes that would normally override ocean... for instance, i'm at a snow fishing hole (trying to get flinxfin), and getting trout alongside atlantic cod. if that is in fact...
  8. esotericist

**REPORTED** remix seed appears to have ocean everywhere in the 'surface' layer above the mushroom layer

i can absolutely do that. note that in the session i had after my last post, i got a quest for an underground/cavern fish (bonefish, to be specific) and i stuck it out. like 7 enchanted nightcrawlers, plus i'm not sure how many journeyman bait, plus about nine in-game hours. but hey, it...
  9. esotericist

**REPORTED** [1.4.4] Liquids keep disappearing after exiting world

this has already been reported and seems to have had the source identified in this thread, so we should get a fix in the next update
  10. esotericist

i appreciate both this getting passed on and the explanation, but i want to add that some of us have spent entire in-game days fishing in a spot that should be valid by our intuitions -- and by your explanation -- without managing any catching. even with low tier fishing gear/crap bait*...
  11. esotericist

i'm less concerned with crates right now than quest fish. is there a meaningfully reliable method to find a not-ocean section in the forest biome? i keep trying places with water, and end up getting ocean catches, but not necessarily right away, so it can take me up to a dozen catches to confirm...
  12. esotericist

i've for days now been trying to find a place to fish in order to get angler quest catches, and every single fishing hole i've managed to to set up so far returns ocean catches, and does not seem to produce quest fish despite seemingly being the right circumstances. i haven't had an ocean quest...
  13. esotericist

**REPORTED** Startup crash on Linux - version 1.4.4

fwiw i can verify it now runs on ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
  14. esotericist

Terraria State of the Game - August 2022

character in the screenshot is wearing a head piece and a leg piece, but there's no matching chest piece.
Back
Top Bottom