Esreadel
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• 10 hours invested into this.and still quite lacking.
    8ep4W1
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Thank you for such nice words :> Comments like yours motivate me to keep going when i start doubting myself so thank you cx
    Frous
    Frous
    Because you have experimented with a bit of digital art, can you answer me which of both is better? Layer work or unlayered free canvas work?
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    It really depends on what youre comfortable with. If youre not comfortable with a small amount of layers do as much as your pc can handle. Youll find yourself using less and less amount of layers as you get more experience :D
    For this i used 4 layers: Background, hair, clothes and face in that order.
    Almost finished with my entry for a halloween contest :>
    GUu48RF.png
    We have to paint a human nerd werewolf
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Thanks cx the right eye has the same detail as the left one but it doesn't have a reflection , thats why it might seem less detailed but thats the only thing missing since no light could get there.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    About the nose i tried to make it like that to make him seem less human but it backfired because the lips are too low , i guess ill do it normally now.And the lighting is like that since its a might scene but ill try to add a secondary light source to even it up a little.
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Mystic Neon Rain
    The right eye looks like it has less shading imo tho.
    About the nose, you could have a long nose (like Annie from AoT //shot) but even for a long nose, the nose is too long. xD That's what I meant.
    I know what you were trying to do for the shadows, but I was just saying you might want to make it slightly more subtle. Could just be me though, I'm not good with dark shadowing ._.
    Painting skin at night is difficult. Im only using blues and purples e.e
    RKaxcpe.png
    Still looks dead asf
    Alabaster
    Alabaster
    i think it needs a tiny bit of yellow... If you look at people in the dark (yes, it's weird), the light that does shine on them is usually a tiny tint yellow. This could :red: it up, but I'd give it a go.
    Damn OS X El Capitan broke photoshop for me. Just when im working on my contest entry C:
    So i painted an eye to study it a little
    HzkAKGJ.png
    Need to polish my skills for the contest :p
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Mystic Neon Rain
    *fanboys* YUUUUUSSSSSS YOU DREW AN EYE CLOSEUP
    HOLY CRAP THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
    I love the details in this, the colors are beautiful and holy :red: there's a legit window reflection in the eye and THE EYELASHES ARE REFLECTED IN THE EYE :red: I can't even--
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Mystic Neon Rain
    ...*looks away from iris* ok, so the only advice I have is that the eye shape is slightly off ((the eye is slightly too long--the outer edges should curve in more if that makes any sense. I can try to post a ref pic if you want)) and the upper eyelashes look more random than they should-- eyelashes tend to kind of clump together slightly.

But seriously this is freaking beautiful I love this xD
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Thanks! and yes you're correct the eye shape is to bent :p
    My job is tedious as hell. Having a short attention span doesn't help. =-=
    zeskorion
    zeskorion
    well given the time it seems you can rack at least a good fifty
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Pretty much and i normally have to finish a video every weekday so i cant complain about the pay
    zeskorion
    zeskorion
    you get more pay than many people
    The corruption wallpaper is finished :>
    q4j6EY
    its 1920x1080 since thats the most usual size.
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Oh my god the bunnies
    The bunnies and the grass and dem trees doe
    YOU CAN SEE THE DETAIL IN THE LEAVES 8D
    Advice:
    --the mushrooms near the rabbit look slightly off--the stem of the mushroom is straight while the cap is tilted at a weird angle.
    --the Little Eater in the background looks off as well--it shouldn't be as thin, and the eye sticks out too much.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Thanks for the advice :p
    Mystic Neon Rain
    Mystic Neon Rain
    No problem! Keep in mind I'm terrible with landscapes and perspectives, so I can't offer as much advice, but I'll try to help :)
    I figured almost everyone is going to draw moonlord for the contest so im going to stay away from that for now.
    zeskorion
    zeskorion
    Fight expert king slime
    Erienna Nakagai
    Erienna Nakagai
    I was originally going to do that but then I had a related better idea.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Im going to wait a week or two and see the submissions. Not to steal ideas but to stay away from the same ideas :p
    Progress on the corruption wallpaper!
    wu4PHHg.png
    even though im sick i cant work on it much
    Xylia
    Xylia
    Need to make a background panorama based upon that in-game lol.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Yeah the current in game corruption backgrounds are quite dull since they're old
    Enjl
    Enjl
    I think a game's background shouldn't distract from the game itself, but still be interesting if the player takes their time to look at it. That's why the Crimson background with the giant ribcage is my favourite. It's mysterious, but only if you take your eyes off the action.
    I hate being sick in bed. I feel like the most useless person in the world. ;_;
    AstroBot
    AstroBot
    Awh. Get better soon.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Thank you
    I really wanted to finish the wallpaper today ;_;
    Current progress of the corruption wallpaper:
    1Bt5I4D.png
    i have no idea where to take it from here :v
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Yeah im planning to add a variety of corruption monsters , im just having a hard time figuring out how the perspective will work :p since im going to add more tress and a chasm
    Jack Morgan
    Jack Morgan
    I think it looks good with the current saturation. It's a nice, dreary, dark theme that the Corruption should have. A chasm would indeed be cool, maybe have it on a hill coming up from behind the grassy bit we see, if you get what I'm trying to say.
    Esreadel
    Esreadel
    Yeah i decreased the saturation because it looked darker and more realistic with less of it. Thanks for the ideas ill just have to figure out the perspective now
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom