Recent content by FLUX2226

1. FLUX2226

Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Oh, the drop rate buff for the war table is great! I had to kill 15-20 T1 dark mages in my current playthrough to get it, and considering how easy the (arguably more important) bewitching table is to acquire once you reach the progression requirement, it felt a bit silly.
  2. FLUX2226

If you've already beaten Moonlord and only need sand for building, the Steampunker sells a Clentaminator solution that turns snow into sand. Not very helpful during an ongoing playthrough of course.
  3. FLUX2226

When enabling Otherworldly music at the party girl in a non-drunk world, has it always only been for the current session? When you leave and reenter the world, it changes back to default music, I swear this was different before... or am I imagining things? Regardless, could the music change be...
  4. FLUX2226

I've been playing for a few days with a friend in pre-HM and I have to agree now. Crafting towards a bundle of ballons and terrasparks feels a lot more like actual progression than quickly maxing out mobility with fledgeling wings and amphibian boots. With shimmer decrafting you can even weave...
  5. FLUX2226

You lost me here. Sandstorm in a bottle is pyramid-exclusive loot, how can it be guaranteed to get at the edges of the map?
  6. FLUX2226

Aww man, the fledgling wing tier change is sad to see. This basically removes wings from pre-HM. A 1/40 chance is nothing when you only get about 5 chests per world, and fishing for a rare crate drop that will get outclassed (almost) the moment you decide to enter hardmode is not worth it - same...
  7. FLUX2226

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

An alternative approach to the mechanical fishing rod would be to simply buff it to 40% fishing power. This way it would serve as a guaranteed 40% fishing pole in case you've been unlucky with the travelling merchant's RNG pre-HM.
  8. FLUX2226

That's quite an interesting idea. Perhaps cap your combined fishing power at a certain value, e.g. 100%, when using the mechanical rod. This way you can fish through your piles of cheap bait without it being too overpowered.
  9. FLUX2226

Alternatively the power of the hotline fishing rod could be increased from 45% to 50% so it's on equal terms with the golden fishing rod, but with the added QoL bonus that you no longer need to equip the lavaproof fishing hook.
  10. FLUX2226

That still doesn't make whips more usable tho', which was the initial point. You're still better off using a ranged/magic weapon as a summoner.
  11. FLUX2226

Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the tag bonus from whips only applies while you're still holding it in your hand (doesn't matter that much for things like the Firecracker, but still). So to me it feels like whips were in fact supposed to be a main weapon for a class that has no main weapon...
  12. FLUX2226

Just out of curiosity, is there an official reason why the sandstorm won't be added to oasis crates or are we just guessing?
  13. FLUX2226

But even if you see it as a symbolic weapon that represents your journey (I agree that it's symbolic, don't get me wrong), to all intents and purposes it's also the final tier melee class weapon. It's a sword crafted from other swords, it's the strongest weapon in the game, and deals melee...
  14. FLUX2226

Because people have preferred playstyles, that's the point of having a class system. Even with overpowered gear it's fun to have options for different loadouts. You were already overpowered with Moon Lord drops before 1.4 and you had to kill him at least twice to get all drops for your class...
  15. FLUX2226

But then you can dump your entire mage gear because it doesn't benefit the Zenith. And if you get some Zenith gear instead, you effectively become a melee character. It's fine to have overpowered gear, but it shouldn't completely knock the class system over in favour of a single class. If the...
Back
Top Bottom