Recent content by joffrecordan

1. joffrecordan

Other slight world creation menu revamp

Yeah. End of the day, I wouldn't be upset if there was a rebalanced secret seed like DDU for starting Hallow, but I also wouldn't be upset if there wasn't. While starting Hallow may add a bit of replay and feel fresh-ish, for veteran players, I think the feature that would really feel fresh is...
  2. joffrecordan

Other slight world creation menu revamp

A seed that starts with Hallow might be fun, because you don't know what world evil will spawn on WoF death. A seed that replaces its evil with Hallow at gamestart would probably require some rebalancing, the way that Don't Dig Up seeds rebalances underworld items to be weaker and surface...
  3. joffrecordan

Is whip stacking fun gameplay or an exploit to be patched?

Whip stacking is the act of switching between multiple whips when facing a hardier opponent, in order to apply multiple tag damage debuffs to a targeted NPC, and greatly increase the damage of the individual summons. One the one hand, summoners are considered one of the easier classes to play...
  4. joffrecordan

Weapons & Equip Add amphibian boots to the recipe of the terraspark boots

People are out here suggesting a dedicated wing slot, when really what would change up the accessory meta the most is a dedicated boot slot. But why stop at amphibian legs? Add the Bundle of Balloons, and label them, "Pumped up kicks," as a reference to old school basketball air-pump shoes.
  5. joffrecordan

Blocks & Decoration Bubble Platforms

A liquid-proof platform would be excellent. As another poster pointed out, regular bubble blocks don't support players/NPCs or furniture. Normal platforms don't hold liquids. One fix that is coming in the next update is liquids being saved inside of bubble blocks. Most players use the...
  6. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Summoner whip speed transfer to melee speed.

I would prefer that Whip Tag Damage not be stackable at all. I think whip-stacking is un-fun, and I'd rather boost tag damage with potions, accessories, or placeable stations.
  7. joffrecordan

Weapons & Equip New use of mana for summoners

I share this opinion. Mana's usage has essentially deprecated for Summoners. At the moment, it only serves to slow down how fast you can get a summoner build online from log-in/respawn. Rather than finding a new use for mana, I'd prefer we remove the mana component from Summoner entirely so that...
  8. joffrecordan

Secret World Seed Zombie Apocalypse Seed

NPCs get a stat buff every time you beat a boss or use particular consumables. If nothing else, I say buff the zombies similar incremental buffs.
  9. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics I have an idea for a Boss

It's pretty neat AI pixel art. Six fingers is a neat factor. Eyeclipse is a clever pun. The concept that it's an eye and therefore ties into/explains the use of Tears is reasonable lore threading. All good stuff, but a little more is needed. Solar Eclipses begin naturally after the first Mech...
  10. joffrecordan

Items Parity for Leather

You could maybe get a Rattleshirt reference from a song of fire and ice, or, with a bit of eye rolling, maybe a Black Parade vanity. That said, I don't suppose I'd be terribly upset if both corruption and crimson had "purified" furniture set. Leather getting worked into some clean looking...
  11. joffrecordan

Blocks & Decoration Placeable lanterns, bottles and buckets

I like the idea of lanterns and certain items on the end of ropes. I'm hoping for some additional functionality, Currently, when you add rope to the top or mid-pint of the rope, it continues extending down from the bottom of the rope. Imagine if the lantern REMAINED at the bottom of that...
  12. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Right click to summon max minions

Being able to summon a full army with a single click would be extremely useful during events and invasions, or multiplayer boss fights as a way to get back up to fighting strength quickly after respawning. I can't tell you how aggravating an early hardmode invasion is, but if you know, you...
  13. joffrecordan

Items Increase drop rate of Food items

Food seems pretty rare unless you catch and cook it yourself. Throughout the course of the game, food is either completely forgotten or is something you do to prep for boss fights and events, and by the time you are established enough to have an herb garden you're also prepped enough to have a...
  14. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Equippable Banners

What if it was like a Sashimono?
Back
Top Bottom