Recent content by kode54

1. kode54

Linux Three (possibly more) image resources miscapitalized, breaking on case sensitive filesystems

It doesn't render on Linux on a case sensitive filesystem, and with Calamity Mod under tModLoader, it actually pops up an error notice about the missing resource when it attempts to load it while in game, but only the first time it happens. So this is such an old bug that it's probably not...
  2. kode54

Linux Three (possibly more) image resources miscapitalized, breaking on case sensitive filesystems

Three resources that I know of are breaking on case sensitive filesystems, and I only noticed on a modded game that pops up error dialogs when the missing resources are loaded for the first time. gore_240.xnb -> should be capitalized Gore_240.xnb - breaks upon killing a Snow Flinx Not sure...
  3. kode54

Game runs in "Slow motion" or low fps?

The horrid performance is likely because the game on Windows is still using the horribly ancient XNA framework. Then again, I can't say for sure whether building against FNA on Windows would be any improvement, considering that at least on AMD GPUs, the OpenGL performance would be atrocious on...
  4. kode54

1.3 Expert Hardmode is too hard?

Here's a fun way to handle Expert/Hard Mode: Complete the game on Normal mode for the most part, including farming Moon Lord for weapons. I find most of the events of Expert/Hard Mode passable now that I've got a complete set of Solar Flare armor, and I've got all Warding gear, including a...
  5. kode54

Official Terraria for Mac & Linux In Development!

Press Command+Shift+G on a Finder window, then enter "~/My Games/Terraria" and press Return.
  6. kode54

Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Trick: You can get better quality music in the Windows version, by renaming your Wave Bank.xwb, then replacing it with the 168MB one from the Mac/Linux beta. Windows stock version is 48kbps WMA, Mac/Linux gets MS ADPCM, which I verified to appear to be sourced from the original audio, rather...
  7. kode54

I'll report some extra sound issues in the social forum when my membership is approved.
  8. kode54

Yeah, FNA requires the audio tracks to be Ogg Vorbis formatted. Looks like they'll need to be updated. Hopefully with some better quality. :D
  9. kode54

This is what happens when you stuff as many animals as possible into someone's house...

This is what happens when you stuff as many animals as possible into someone's house: https://kode54.net/?p=244
  10. kode54

PC Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the YoYo: The Terraria 1.3 Official Trailer

If you're in a hurry to get it up and running on your Mac, you could try trusting my Wineskin wrapper authoring capabilities. I managed to use some Wine related packages and up to date Winetricks to install .NET 4.0 and XNA 4.0, the prerequisites to getting the game running in a Wine wrapper...
  11. kode54

I'm fairly sure it was significant trouble, but that they worked on it nonstop to get it done quickly. The problem is, they may have broken some things, and possibly from integrating their additions to the server. Last I checked, server side players were still broken, and from my own experience...
  12. kode54

It could easily get 60fps. It already does in my working Wine container. Well, it was a working Wine container, until 10.11 DP 3 broke Wine altogether. There are easily several Open Source replacements for XNA, all forks of MonoGame. One such fork is quite popular with a number of commercial...
  13. kode54

Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

I love my Hardmode/Expert dedicated server. Solar eclipse, night, solar eclipse, then a blood moon, then a few more days, then another solar eclipse.
  14. kode54

PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Post your specs and such to a proper bug report, according to the link at the top of the forum. There's a subforum for creating bug report topics. It sounds like you experienced the same bug I did, but they won't listen to me because I had it under Wine. When I play in Windows, the spots where...
  15. kode54

PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

I'm in no hurry to see 1.3.0.3 on GoG, since 1.3.0.3 is quite broken for me. I'll just toss 1.3.0.2 into my non-Steam Terraria wrapper until this all blows over, maybe with 1.3.0.4 or whatever comes next.
Back
Top Bottom