Lexthegweat

My name's Alex, as you can probably guess. I love video games, among many other things such as climbing and hunting. I'd have to say my favorite type of video games are sandboxes. I have found I enjoy them more than any other game genre. They offer so much freedom, so many options, the ability to interact and shape the world(s) you are put into, and most importantly an amazing multiplayer experience (usually). That's how sandbox games should be, without much restriction in what you do and/ or want to do. They should also offer and present new things that surprise you, strike you in a new way, and just make you have to say "wow". All of these things Terraria does so well, and that's why it's not just my favorite sandbox video game, it's my favorite computer video game of all time. It's quite tricky to say if it's my favorite overall, because there are kazillions of other games that have completely different approaches to a good gaming experience, with entirely different goals, but yeah it's up there. I started playing Terraria when I was about 12. I spent most of my time outside hanging around in the neighborhood with friends, because I didn't like staying inside, and didn't have anything to do in there anyways. But one day I decided to hang out with one of my friend's brother's friend, which I thought was kind of annoying. As time wore on I realized he wasn't all that annoying, and was just lonely. I went over to his hour and he introduced me to Terraria and got me to start a game with him on one of his laptops. We played for the rest of the afternoon that day, digging desperately for ore and scavenging for chests and life crystals alike, trying to gear up for the Eye of Cthulhu boss (Ka-choo-choo). For the next few weeks after that I'd come over whenever I wasn't going any where with my family after school, or sometimes early in the morning before school when there was a delay due to bad weather;just to play Terraria. We were so addicted to it that my new-found friend's Mother told us to go outside for a little bit one day. Our progress had been slow, but great considering we were new. We were almost ready for the Wall of Flesh boss (WoF) in hell, we only needed to get a little more out of the dungeon before venturing into those menacing fiery depths. I was so excited to get to hardmode and find out what the uproar from other Terrarians was about, i'd heard it was a game changer, and badass! Sadly, I never got to beat hardmode with my friend; his laptop's battery died, and something else happened to his charger. Before he got a new charger, I moved away to a different town because of family problems. It wasn't until nearly 3 years later that I got another go at Terraria. Within those three years I moved twice. And now confident that I'd be staying put, I got a computer, made my own steam, and bought Terraria. I was lucky and got it for $3.00 on a seasonal sale or something. Ever since then i've been enjoying the game to its fullest, and looking forward to every update before I even know what's around the corner. It's the best and I hope to one day help it, and/or future Re-logic and possibly associated teams' titles, move forward. But, for now, I'll be slaying bosses and doin challenges, reporting every bug I come across to try and help out! Thanks for listening to my short story of my life and Terraria, have a good one! :D
Birthday
Oct 31, 1999 (Age: 24)
Re-Logic Games Owned
  1. Terraria: PC
  2. Terraria: Mobile
Occupation
Terraria Master

Trophies

1. 0

The Fabric of Our Lives...

Two years as a Terrarian! Thanks for your continued support!
  2. 0

Origami!

Happy Paper Anniversary! You've been a member of the Terrarian Community for a full year!
  3. 0

Certifiably Terrarian

You are a True Terrarian! (Awarded for indicating that you own Terraria)
  4. 0

Like a sauna in here....

Link your Steam account to your forum account.
  5. 0

Out of the Shadows...

A lurker no longer, you have posted your first message in our community forums!
Back
Top Bottom