Recent content by macks2008🌳

1. macks2008🌳

New Official Terraria Wiki Launches Today!

Let me guess: you finally got sick of Fandom.com's ad placement? (I really don't like fandom or the gamepedia merge. I adopted one of their wikis shortly before all of that went down, and kind of felt blindsided by the mess the "Unified Community Platform" created, even on fandom-native wikis.)
  2. macks2008🌳

Other please add flac music to the steam soundtrack DLC

I'm going to apologize in advance for bumping this (to be fair, this is one of like 4 people that negatively reviewed the soundtrack. It might be worth another look, especially since it gave me second thoughts on the DLC in question)... but I agree. Generally, the soundtrack DLC(s) for a game...
  3. macks2008🌳

window resolution and position problems

not sure if this is intentional (though I kind of doubt it is), and likewise I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with 1.4 (in particular the changes to video settings). Anyway, basically, I'm having some problems with the changes you made to video settings in this update: First of all...
  4. macks2008🌳

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

Someone posting on page 2 made a good point that I'd like to reiterate: I'd rather they admit a project isn't going to work than see them leave it in a perpetual state of vaporware
  5. macks2008🌳

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

RIP otherworld :-(... sad news. I'm glad you're at least trying to learn from it and, as my friend says, "you found a way that things didn't work". We just have to keep moving forward. Projects may die, but if I have learned anything from my 22 years of life, I know dreams never do. On that...
  6. macks2008🌳

(not like it would be any more public than here, anyway, at least if I make it an unlisted...

(not like it would be any more public than here, anyway, at least if I make it an unlisted document. I just think the context the terraria forum board might be better than making a one time repository document with no context of its own)
  7. macks2008🌳

due to character limitations on this profile post, I was unable to say what I was going to say...

due to character limitations on this profile post, I was unable to say what I was going to say here. Do you mind if I message you instead? I can also put it on a gist or something else of the text repository nature if you don't mind sharing something somewhat personal semi-publicly
  8. macks2008🌳

Tool T-Backup - Backup your Worlds and Players with ease

personally I think the tagline for this in your signature (as well as anywhere else it appears) should read "never lose a world to the Eater again", but that's just my take on the double meaning of "corruption" as related to terraria worlds edit: also, please forgive any negative impact by...
  9. macks2008🌳

PC crash after restoring from minimized

Not sure if it's related (though it does seem to have a similar traceback, so it's quite possible), but now I crashed when maximizing on the main menu. I'm beginning to think my gpu and/or gfx driver are at fault for all three crashes, as they all have tracebacks mentioning terms associated with...
  10. macks2008🌳

only problem with that is that certain interactions with the window (e.g. hovering over interface buttons) still trigger sound effects whether or not the window is in the background. While that wouldn't be a problem if it was just when connecting that I got crashes like this, it seems it can...
  11. macks2008🌳

I don't know of anything about the game state that may have caused this. I had just reconnected to my remotely hosted private server, and minimized the game while I was connecting. It was minimized several minutes before crashing instantly when I tried to restore the window. Here's a screenshot...
  12. macks2008🌳

Game Mechanics Make Mech Bosses Farmable Without Needing Multiple worlds.

true, but that's not really the point, the way I see it. The point is to avoid the grindiness of the mandatory iron collection, and both fishing and to some extent, mining, are rather grindy. On the other hand, you could also argue that if you're using so much iron that it's a pain to collect...
  13. macks2008🌳

exactly! It's not "hard" to get iron. It's just time consuming, and the time that could be better spent doing something you actually want to do. this too. The key is (and this is often the cause of disagreement in gaming communities when discussing difficulty balance) differentiating types of...
  14. macks2008🌳

Please do not necropost your own thread. In more general-audience terms, please do not cause your own suggestion thread to be moved to the top of the forum after it's been inactive for a significant period of time. In your case, the thread has not been active since January, over half a year. For...
  15. macks2008🌳

Hello fellow brony who I most definitely have not met outside of this forum :P. Certainly not...

Hello fellow brony who I most definitely have not met outside of this forum :P. Certainly not via IRC or anything like that.
Back
Top Bottom