Recent content by Madzai

1. Madzai

Has Journey's End shifted Terraria too far into removing player freedom?

This is the only thing i cannot understand. Getting your world overrun if you do nothing? OK. Permanent destruction of a critical biome? Why? The easiest solution is just to add mud analog to corruption\hallow so it can be converted back and forth. Why it's not a thing? Did Developers ever...
  2. Madzai

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

But that's the issue. There is only a bit of new stuff pre-hard mode was added. They are really useful, new Mace together with new flail mechanic is basically OP, new Bow is good (and buff to another bow is great also) and all other were already closely studied before then people were working...
  3. Madzai

Has Journey's End shifted Terraria too far into removing player freedom?

After being strictly against some changes and "exploit" fixes, now i think the issue is that those changes works really well for "normal" difficulty (as skipping progression was very easy to do on it) and some nerf to stuff like Daedalus Bow and changes for some Boss mechanics now provide actual...
  4. Madzai

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

Well, yeah, but previously you can get some stuff quick from crates and go checking and clearing areas that were in danger fast. Now, by the time you can get there from your base, it would spread a lot more. Basically you'll be at the mercy of RND so it won't put corruption right in the middle...
  5. Madzai

FAR TOO MANY NERFS

I think some tweaking was needed, but i also prefer them making certain things just being harder to get - like Reaver Shark, instead of nerfing it to the ground. But i have a question about Crates. I always though their purpose wasn't so much about "skipping" tiers, but about avoiding...
  6. Madzai

How do you feel about the constant delays and disappointments from Re-Logic?

Well, Terraria itself feels pretty complete, and while new things could be nice, the game is fine as it is. They still push updates on other platforms so other versions have the same content as the PC Version. About possible Terraria 2 - it up to them to make it or not, to hide the possible...
  7. Madzai

Corruption or Crimson? Which do you prefer?

I'd prefer both in the same world. And a world x2 larger than current Large. Really, current Large worlds are too small for all the stuff and biomes. On surface it's already looks like patches rather than biomes - forest (2-3 screens)-desert-corruption-desert-forest-jungle-desert-ohh.. it's...
  8. Madzai

Things you hate doing in Terraria

Building decent Hardmode-ready house for all NPCs. You need storage, different biomes (Shrooms...), fishing area, a greenhouse. Protection from all kind of hardmod challenges. An Arena. A safe passage to different areas. An area for AFK farming. And cool looks, ofc. Too much material needed, too...
  9. Madzai

Starbound Thread

That's for sure. But to be fair, game wasn't supposed to be in EA in first place. In was crowdfunded on terms of being released in full in the end of 2013 (and under premise "game is almost ready, we just need a bit of cash to polish it" ). Yeah, game gained a lot of funds because of EA, but in...
  10. Madzai

1.3 Expert Hardmode is too hard?

Exactly. At least for me. Bosses need new approach and cannot be zerged? Crafting a proper arena require some more thought? Cool. Confronting mobs without proper gear and buff lead to death? Can't simply ignore mobs even if in "good" gear, must always keep an eye on them? They have additional...
  11. Madzai

Rating the end-game specializations

And what about Expert mode, on different progress stages? In Normal mode, for most cases, weapon choice is all about preferences. But in Expert mode poor weapon and armor choice could make some challenges almost impossible to beat for an "average" player, even simply walking around with "wrong"...
  12. Madzai

Is it end of Terraria?

I think we must let Terraria go... We were feeding on 10$ game for quite some time now - game is at its best now (after 1.3 bugs and balance fixing is finished), there isn't much left to add and game foundation hardly allow something really innovative. We have Otherworld, and for those who want...
  13. Madzai

My rant on the (lack of) weapon diversity in 1.3.

It works very well if one use minions as additional damage source. But to "pure" summoner, using additional weapons is a bit tricky, and reason is summoners armors, especially early ones. If memory serves me right those provide very little defense, even less than mage armors. So for summoner...
  14. Madzai

Pygmies

Looks like it is. At the same time their design makes me remember about Pygmies from 3rd Act of Diablo 2. Annoying little :red:...
  15. Madzai

Terraria 1.3: My (mostly negative) experience

As others already said, i think you misunderstood the expert mode. It's not for "heating things a bit", but for testing your abilities for real. If you pose yourself as "average" in terms of platformer combat you had to use other means to beat bosses - arenas, bridges, potions, campfires, honey...
Back
Top Bottom