Recent content by ManaUser

1. ManaUser

tModLoader Can you disable Steam from the command line?

So I've got the non-Steam install version of tModLoader (since I have the GOG version of Terraria) but it still asks "Use steam server (y/n):" every time I run start-tModLoaderServer.bat, which is a minor annoyance and stops me from being able to launch it without without user intervention. I...
  2. ManaUser

World load detector

Clever. That's probably a little better than what we were doing before. I might have try my hand at making my own version using that trick. I'll post it here if I come up with anything worth sharing.
  3. ManaUser

World load detector

Very cool. I'm not sure how much of it I understand just taking a quick look at the design. But I'm glad to hear someone figured out a new method for this.
  4. ManaUser

**REPORTED** NPCs "crowded" dislike mood activating at 4 people in the same house.

This is likely because although the NPC limit was raised*, the detection range was also increased. So they are probably noticing new NPCs who weren't considered "neighbors" previously. *Or was it? I'm actually unclear about that now.
  5. ManaUser

Big Cursor and UI Tweaks

Unfortunately, the most important part of this pack (the big cursor) doesn't work with the modern texture pack format, because they don't allow images to change sizes. You can still use it by replacing the graphics in your content terraria\folder (back up first!). It does work, I'm using it that...
  6. ManaUser

PC How to dig under sand (solo) in 11 easy steps.

This is true, and that's actually what will happen if you attempt my old in instructions above, too. It useful if you want to mine a bunch of sand, but unfortunate if you'd prefer to go through/under the sand without disturbing it. None the less, mining all the sand this way and then re-placing...
  7. ManaUser

Tool Terraria Portable (GOG.COM ONLY)

I don't hold it against you. This kind of task is inherently risky I suppose, and I should have been more careful. It's too bad Terraria doesn't have an option to change its save folder through the command line, like some games do. That would by alot safer than having to mess with the save...
  8. ManaUser

Tool Terraria Portable (GOG.COM ONLY)

Please be careful with this thing. I was experimenting with this and somehow ended up with all my Terraria save data deleted. (I had a backup, though not quite as recent as I'd have liked, so it wasn't a complete disaster.) Yes I probably did something wrong, but none the less, I would advise...
  9. ManaUser

Hmm... Maybe you could combine the techniques. What if instead of a bomb, you used an actuator and a timer?
  10. ManaUser

I'm afraid not. Sand collapses into actuated blocks now. This change was apparently made to support a new type of trap in the underground desert.
  11. ManaUser

Working as Designed Whips can hit certain types of enemies in walls

Sounds normal, ordinary melee weapons can do that too. It might a little weird with whips since they have a longer reach, but I always assumed it was intended. Like if there's a wraith about to pop out of the wall next to you, it only seems fair that you can hit it with your sword before it...
  12. ManaUser

Texture Pack Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls

The descriptions for each frame and the overlay both really help. I had just extracted a couple of random armors, and they probably weren't the best examples, as they evidently had minimal sleeves, leaving not much work from in some of those frames. Much clearer now. Thanks, I appreciate it.
  13. ManaUser

Texture Pack Slim Terrarians & Monster Girls

Sorry for the tangent question, but you seem like the best person to ask. Is there a detailed guide or template for the new player/armor sprite sheet format around somewhere? I'm having a little trouble making sense of it, especially the sheets that that just have a few pixels on them...
  14. ManaUser

Invisible Finch Nest

Pretty cool. I was afraid it might look funny without the nest, but it actually looks really good.
  15. ManaUser

How do I make a texture pack?

Darn, that's unfortunate. The one graphic change I was actually hoping to make is an enlarged cursor. I guess I'll have to keep doing that by replacing the XNBs. :merchantsad:
Back
Top Bottom