Recent content by mathcrab

1. mathcrab

A strange jungle sanctuary

Absolutely. I'd love to see what other people can make with the same ideas.
  2. mathcrab

Did some more work. Planning on building a large chunk of land to the left of the dam and above the bridge, and turning the whole area into a kind of covered grotto. I was unhappy with the dam for a long while, but stuffing plants everywhere and smashing up a few of the background walls made it...
  3. mathcrab

Did a new, entirely separate build in the same style; didn't think it was worth a second thread: Green slab walls opened up a lot of options for me. Particularly happy with the background walls. Will probably revisit the tree at the top at some point though.
  4. mathcrab

Found a new style. I've been building things similar to this with titanstone + iridescent brick, but throwing in rich mahogany and especially spooky wood has made things more interesting. And purple. Not entirely sure what direction to build in at this point, but I thought it might be worth...
  5. mathcrab

some sort of a 1.3.1 dungeon

building a very wet jungle-themed dungeon, using primarily iridescent bricks and titanstone. in all likelihood, this isn't going to go very far. this design style is extremely form over function, and I'm not that good at building puzzles or combat challenges anyway. still, it's nice to dream!
  6. mathcrab

Ayz's Not So One and Only Build Thread

Layered, cozy, and clever, without repetition. Using hive wall in a desert build is particularly smart. It would be interesting to work some greenery in there and go for an oasis feel.
  7. mathcrab

The Titan Castle

Well made. While it seems to have worked out well, I am curious as to why you decided to make something so light and airy out of titanstone.
  8. mathcrab

Builds ~FLOR3NCE2456's BUILDS COLLECTION~

Make a terrarium or a biodome or whatever you want to call it, then invent a totally new-looking biome and stick it inside.
  9. mathcrab

WarWar's Builds

The shading on that center face is absurdly good. I didn't even know you could light things that way- guess I know what I'm trying next.
  10. mathcrab

Situ's wall

I think you can dye everything white and gray, so long as the room shapes are interesting, the backgrounds are well-textured, and- most importantly- you have highlights that break up the color here and there. The faded brown of wood is enough if you're going for a realistic style, or something...
  11. mathcrab

WIP: Attempt at an alien biome

Replaced the horrendously ugly tree on the left side of the area with a peculiar sort of granite sequoia mushroom that happens to be growing its own little ecosystem on its surface. I realized that what with mushroom biomes being perpetually dark, I could secretly light up anything I wanted...
  12. mathcrab

I'm stuck: creative block of a compulsive box builder.

speaking as a compulsive box builder, I did 3 things to at least partially break up my box funk. 1. I stopped using wood, and stopped building anything that required wood. Lihzard houses, ice houses, hive houses, etc. Mixed and matched. I found that- at least personally- having 3 really vibrant...
Back
Top Bottom