Recent content by Michaelsoftman

1. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader [FIXED] How do I make an animated rarity?

My understanding is that you have to apply a shader to the tooltip line when it's drawn. Your best bet would be trying to find an open source mod that does this, and see how they do it in code.
  2. Michaelsoftman

Asset load Exception with Lunar Veil HELP?

Based on the error it's actually from GravityDontFlipScreen mod. It's a vanilla asset though so you may be missing a file from Terraria for some reason, try verifying file integrity on steam.
  3. Michaelsoftman

How to access the Calamity Mod global stuff?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but they have a public github you can reference. Calamity Mod
  4. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader [FIXED] How do I change the rarity of Vanilla items?

You can use one GlobalItem class, just check for multiple itemIDs in AppliesToEntity. If the item is ID1 or if item is ID2, etc etc, return true
  5. Michaelsoftman

Ah sorry I thought you mean the rarity part. For applying it to specific items, you'd use the AppliesToEntity hook. Here's an example. ShortswordGlobalItem
  6. Michaelsoftman

Override SetDefaults() in GlobalItem, and specify your vanilla itemID and set Item.rare = ModContent.RarityType<whatever>(); to whatever your rarity is
  7. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader Boss Code Help

Sure, but just an FYI there is indeed PreDraw() for NPCs (and PostDraw() too)
  8. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader Boss Code Help

In the NPC's PreDraw() hook, just set drawColor to Color.White
  9. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader how to make an accessory that ignites an npc on hit?

Here's an example from the TML Discord bot. Basically you'd follow this, except instead of the example showing adding immunity to the player, you'd check the bool in OnHitNPC and then add the fire debuff. ============ Sometimes it isn't possible to create an effect for an accessory without...
  10. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader tModloader crashing when I try to open it

That error suggests there are 2 files for projectile 615, did you edit something in the vanilla files and leave it there? There's only supposed to be a png, not a pdn
  11. Michaelsoftman

I need help with my "mod"

In the Shoot() hook in your item, add the negative velocity of the gun to the player. You may need to scale it down a bit though
  12. Michaelsoftman

tModLoader tModloader crashing each time I swap mods

Looks like an issue with TerrariaAmbience, try disabling it.
Back
Top Bottom