Recent content by MQ Walkman

1. MQ Walkman

Showcase [Showcase] Pre-ML Hardcore Master Mode Rod of Discord Farm

For science, I did a comparison of the farm you describe, depicted above, and my original. My original was about 0.375 Chaos Elementals per minute slower — perhaps solely because of the following fact: without the block bridge, and with a healthy lake (≥ 10 tiles) of lava below, the Hallowed...
  2. MQ Walkman

Showcase [Showcase] Pre-ML Hardcore Master Mode Rod of Discord Farm

I’ve just finished AFKing and got four Rods of Discord in three hours with no deaths in my RoD farm, so I’d thought I’d briefly post it here. Features 4 Rods of Discord in 3 hours (in Master Mode). Works on Hardcore (though see note below). No Macros required. Infinite food (Apple Pie)...
  3. MQ Walkman

PC Updating DicemanX's Lunar Event Autofarm to 1.4

I feel like someone needs to say — absolutely fabulous work!!! I was a massive fan of the original. But this, with its failsafes, debugging `:), fantastic design and (of course) on Master Mode, is a work of art. I look forward to them! But no pressure.
  4. MQ Walkman

It shouldn't be allowed.

It shouldn't be allowed.
  5. MQ Walkman

Rare Drop Genocide Statistics: How Many More Chaos Elementals?

Enemies only drop banners “if no player has touched them before they died”, according to the patch notes for Desktop 1.3.0.4 — so Lava doesn't count, you're right.
  6. MQ Walkman

Video The Engineer Playthrough!

The Engineer vs Pre-Hardmode battle is now completed—with the Engineer victorious. Enjoy! Thanks to Sky_Dragon and r4v1n6 for your support! `:) The style of documentation has now changed to a PDF download, but that means better formatting for you and fewer upload headaches for me. I've already...
  7. MQ Walkman

That’s true, for most of them. While the above statistics remain true for Slimes (good luck to you, These Hips Don't Lie!) and Skeletons (backing up ScienceGuy116), mobs like Unicorns, Blood Zombies and Medusas have their drop rates reduced by a factor of 20; Undead Vikings by a factor of 4...
  8. MQ Walkman

PC The ice biome mobs in pre-hardmode

Good point. Unfortunately, killing enemies with traps, including Dart Traps and Lava Buckets, does not count towards “Kill Counts” – i.e. for banners and on the Tally Counter. However, their drops remain unaffected.
  9. MQ Walkman

Only 80 Jungle blocks are needed for a jungle biome. To spread this, you only need 80 Mud Blocks, but only one Jungle Grass Seed. More important than that, though, (a) is the fact that mobs aren't getting trapped, (b) the biome you’re in (with 300 Snow/Ice Blocks), and (c) the spawn surface...
  10. MQ Walkman

For a surefire farm, you have to be minimalist. As wolcc says, mobs can be trapped in modified natural terrain. Here is a minimalist setup that spawns all pre-hardmode underground snow enemies and kills them very quickly. The spawn rate is maxed out with a Water Candle and Jungle Seed...
  11. MQ Walkman

Artificial Biome Making Guide

Most biome blocks can be as close as you want. In my All-Purpose Cavern autofarm, my Snow Brick, Ebonstone, Crimstone and Lihzahrd blocks could all be touching. There are only two things to be aware of: Corruptible blocks can spread, particularly into Ice blocks (for the Snow biome) and Sand...
  12. MQ Walkman

[Tutorial WIP] Cooldown Juggling Rapid Fire Dart Trap Engines (Animated Guide)

Another outstanding guide from ZeroGravitas! (Who, I discover, is member number 96! Only 96! Amazing.) All of the above engines are very good, with my personal favourite being the “Bone Shaker”, except using a Medusa Statue. However, the above engines aren’t without some problems: Animal...
  13. MQ Walkman

Hello, fans of Terraria and mathematics! The trendy new forum look completely ruined the old BB-coded tables – %:sigh:– so I've manually redone the Expert one. So … enjoy that slick new look! %8-) And, in the meantime, may the the Law of Large Numbers be ever in your favour!
  14. MQ Walkman

Video The Engineer Playthrough!

[Reserved in case of upload limits.]
  15. MQ Walkman

Just made my first playthrough thread — check it out...

Just made my first playthrough thread — check it out! https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-engineer-playthrough.83144/
Back
Top Bottom