Recent content by Negator

1. N

PC Pre-Hardmode ONLY items, enemies and to-dos

I have just entered Hardmode last week, for the first time ever. So maybe I can offer some perspective on what I am glad I did and what wish I had done. 1. I totally redesigned my base before hardmode - happy, I would not have time to do this at start of hardmode. 2. I farmed the Queen Bee 2...
  2. N

I have a question can any other players help me answer it

If I understand correctly you want to use mined ore for the "Doll's House" aspect of Terraria, ie building a good looking base for your NPCs. IMHO the "Challenge" part of challenges such as the Fishing Challenge is getting through the fights and bosses with specific limitations on gear. It...
  3. N

PC How to beat skeletron? (Expert)

I suck at twitch games, but I still beat Skeletron in Expert. Weapon - Bees Knees, potions - the usual suspects. Accessories defensive, plus minions if you like. The trick - build railcart loop with bouncy buffers at the end - Reason being Skeletron moves fast, but the cart can move faster -...
  4. N

I'm new and need help!

One bit of advice the experts don't seems to tell you - The game includes a map-wide threat that unlocks about half way through. Basically once you kill a mob called the "Wall of Flesh" the game enters hardmode, which amongst other things, causes some creeping biomes (called Corruption...
  5. N

PC Does entering hardmode put the game on a clock ?

Don't worry, I was only going to farm them to do some firewalling prior to starting hardmode. I started on a large map (didn't realise this kind of whole-map threat existed) so I need to get all the mining speed I lay my hands on. I'm still going to spelunk in actual combat gear ;-) I do plan...
  6. N

Thx for the reply. Is it possible to see hostile biome spread on the mini map (assuming I've mapped the area in question)? I have been looking around the forums and there are guys who seem put out by having to stop hostile biome spread, meaning I should wait a while before killing WoF...
  7. N

I'm playing my first game of terraria on a large map and want to spend time messing around with buildings, TMEC stuff and generally mess around without having to spend every minute forwarding the plot by powering up and killing bosses. I do want to forward the plot, but at my own pace. But...
  8. N

PC Hello and ... did I make a Booboo ?

I'm softcore too. While starting (almost) on an expert seemed like it might be mad for me, playing anything but softcore will be definitely INSANE for me except for maybe some rogue-like forays just for kicks. I plan to put many construction hours into my nice large map...
  9. N

I tried and failed with most of the above weapons (except star cannon) - kept stun-locked by the head after taking out the hands. I even tried the so-called OP meteor set (with pistol) and could not even use it to take out the hands,probably because loss of speed compared to the molten set. I...
  10. N

Thx for the tips. So far I have been downstairs to get some Molten Armour and I am now exploring the jungle. I already have spectre boots. Some interesting weapon choices being mentioned as I presently use musket. Space gun looks interesting and star cannon looks out there but I don't like the...
  11. N

Unfortunately I expected to take a while on my Normal Playthrough and I don't think I would have been happy doing all that exploring and building ( I've been using large maps) only to trash it all to move to an Expert mode world. Of course that may have been a dumb move, and I could be playing...
  12. N

Thx for the fast responses:merchantsmile: Not in my head, not yet anyway.... And I have no objection to posting strats (in hidden/spoiler tags if they exist on this forum), but i hope I won't need them. Looks like I'm off exploring then. I already have the Shadow gear and pickaxe. Maybe my...
  13. N

Hi Just discovered Terraria this Christmas, had on my steam account for years, never played seriously until now.... WOW ! What a game !!! But after playing normal mode on a large world for a few days I noticed I would have to trash all my nice building work on a Normal world map to move to an...
Back
Top Bottom