Recent content by ninjofes

1. N

scrolling text on a programmable text board

I remember trying to do this and then giving up, so congratulations for pulling it off!
  2. N

Ideal Engine

For an activation every 30 ticks, wouldn't that be a looping hoik track with 30 teeth, and one pressure plate somewhere on the track?
  3. N

[Challenge/Prodject] Can we make a boss fight?

Maybe this could be useful? I was working on a simplified Undertale-style "bullet hell" arena, but I was too busy in real life to have bothered completing it. The key concept is using actuated sand. A player standing in sand blocks takes damage. A player standing in actuated sand blocks does...
  4. N

PC How to switch binary to decimal

To start somewhere, have a look at this thread: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/6-bit-binary-to-decimal-conversion-using-only-logic-gates.52913/#post-1162014 Also, Dicemanx made a video back in 2015. It is out of date and pre-1.3.1, but try visiting the world download to see how...
  5. N

Showcase [Showcase] Cyclic memory and scrolling text

Using the compact version, could the whole thing be completely tileable (minus whatever's on the edges, like the timer, etc.)?
  6. N

PC AFK Pinky Farming?

I'm not sure I understand: What is it that renders teleporters unideal? Seeing as they can -separate regular enemies (who can be teleported) and bosses (who cannot), -instantly bring enemies from a spawn surface as big as the entire valid spawn surface to a kill area (Via a giant floor made of...
  7. N

Animation

Video: While fixing and compressing my previous display machine, I decided that displaying many images in rapid sequence might be as useful as selecting images to load. It only took a bit of messing the the input mechanism, and I had made a simple animation, given the limits of a monochrome...
  8. N

PERFECT 3x5 (4xN) pixel display!

Your compact, worthy of the term perfect, 4xN display has solved a riddle I've been working on for a long time. A great realization in screen compactness has been brought about thanks to you: A torch, gemspark block, or any 2-state mechanism may be covered by multiple wires but still remain...
  9. N

Showcase [Showcase] Prototype: Displayable Character set

I could have waited. I could have taken the time to put my clean-up plans into action. I could have brought a fantastic, clean and working device that is easily replicable for everyone on T-MEC, instead of this mess of confounding, miraculously functional wires. But who has the time or patience...
  10. N

PC Serializing data - save wire, space and nerves

Thanks for the previous answers; I'm back again to annoy you ('you' includes anyone who understands this). I have my 32-bit signal which I would like to place through a transistor (to return either the input signal or no pulse); can I do this on a single wire without ruining it for the...
  11. N

Fully manipulable (And expandable) 5x5 Display

I've also been working on a display sort of thing (see my post here), and while we're talking displays, here is my current dot matrix display. It is expandable horizontally, and is, as I see it, a 1D screen extended into the second dimension by coloured wires and taking advantage of both the top...
  12. N

PC Serializing data - save wire, space and nerves

I was very pleased to find that changing the colour arrangement will not break the telegraph. Seeing as everything happens within a tick, was I wrong to assume it would? What you've made here is brilliant, I never could made this much-needed mechanism myself. Thanks to you, I can send a 32-bit...
  13. N

PC Let's Make Some Hard Drives!

Yes, and thank you! What you have made is amazing. This will make transmissions much smoother. My own designs are not working well, so if I showcase the final product, you will have your place in the credits.
  14. N

PC Let's Make Some Hard Drives!

We now have readable memory! You guys are amazing. This might not be the best thread to post in. I'm posting this anyway. Now: screens and displays! It would be amazing if we could store a register of characters (end goal, copy 0-127 of unicode?) and map them onto a screen using some sort of...
Back
Top Bottom