Recent content by -Q-

1. Q

tModLoader Hammerator & Spacerator | auto hammer and auto space blocks - Makes Hoiks Easy!

Uhh that's a lot. Skimming through i can hit the high notes HammeratorGlobalTile.cs is pretty much all that does the actual work. 3/4 of the source is just rote mod stuff, registering hotkeys, cycling through some variable states when you press hotkeys, storing said states on the player...
  2. Q

tModLoader Hammerator & Spacerator | auto hammer and auto space blocks - Makes Hoiks Easy!

The origin resets every time you change the gap size.
  3. Q

PC 1.4/Journey's End updates

yes for 1.3 You can play vanilla Terraria 1.4 and TML 1.3.5 alongside each other; tModLoader through Steam is treated as a separate game. tModLoader for the 1.4 version of the game will come at a later date.
  4. Q

PC 1.4/Journey's End updates

Pretty sure Tmod itself needs an update, the DLC release thread indicated initial support would not be for 1.4 yet. After that's done might be a case of "what broke" some mods might not need any updates others might be completely busted.
  5. Q

tModLoader Mod request: Invisible block with no player collision

Just activated when close, they would un-activate at a distance. Still problems with players reaching them and mining them. Heh wasn't mine then, I didn't see one so I made my own, I'll have to see if i can find the existing one and compare notes. mine is incomplete so unreleased. Only place I...
  6. Q

tModLoader Mod request: Invisible block with no player collision

I have a WIP with invisible blocks (invisible glass walls blocks and platforms) they are solid though. Not sure you could make them unsolid and expect the boss to spawn. I would think the spawn algorithm will just seek down to a solid tile. Might be possible to make one that isn't solid (or...
  7. Q

tModLoader Get when in modded biome

Ahh, this might help: https://github.com/tModLoader/tModLoader/wiki/Expert-Cross-Mod-Content The other mod would need to be a dependency. I haven't done anything like that. presumably if that mod already had the boolean set you could call into that mod's player object and check for the...
  8. Q

tModLoader Can 2+ people work on a mod?

Side note: while using a code repository with versioning like git is the *proper* way to do it, depending on your mod content I'd say the learning curve for copying some code snippets and making a mod is lower than effectively using git in a collaborative environment. You could do it ghetto...
  9. Q

tModLoader Get when in modded biome

Mod World TileCountsAvailable[] lets you gather counts of nearby tiles. https://tmodloader.github.io/tModLoader/html/class_terraria_1_1_mod_loader_1_1_mod_world.html#a60089c548af2378c1baec051cb7a86bb public statis int NewBiomeTiles = 0; public virtual void TileCountsAvailable(int[]...
  10. Q

tModLoader Turrets Mod [Work In Progress]

Very cool, I had a very similar ideas and come to find someone already did most of them! Any chance we could get an actual source release instead of having to unpackage and reflect the code? NM This one extracted fine (last one I did was locked)
  11. Q

How do you get a reference to one of your projectiles to destroy it?

there's a Kill() method in projectile.cs in Terraria source that seems to handle what happens when projectiles die (particles, sounds, and whatnot). That basically ends with this.active = false; it also seems to set time though at the top Main.projectileIdentity[this.owner...
  12. Q

Placeable Tiles with AI? Are Craftable Turrets Possible?

If there's already a mod out there someone can point me to that would be great. otherwise I think it'd be cool to create craftable turrets but I'm not sure how that would work with placeable tiles. Looks like sentry weapons are classified as projectiles and have a bunch of support code for AI...
  13. Q

PC Placement mods?

I believe tables are 3 tiles across and candelabras are 2 tiles . You would need a mod that re-added all those items but they had a version with a 3 tile width so they could center on items with odd-numbered widths. Or added tables that were 4 tiles wide but then you couldn't center a 1 tile...
  14. Q

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

In Terraria's Source there's a static method on the player called ExtractinatorUse() it has a ton of random rolls then spits the item out at the end Vector2 vector2 = Main.ReverseGravitySupport(Main.MouseScreen, 0.0f) + Main.screenPosition; int number = Item.NewItem((int) vector2.X...
  15. Q

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

It's in the Terraria source, I found a 'de-compiled/reflected' one on github somewhere.
Back
Top Bottom