Recent content by Roger the Shrubber

1. R

Casual Youtube

If you are looking to do a lot of post production, its hard to beat DaVinci Resolve. The free version is more than enough. If you are simply wanting to stream your game, the standard go-to is OBS. If you don't want it live, just schedule it for later release.
  2. R

Do you remember your first Terraria World?

I tried using rope to catch meteorite. A layer of hay to walk on, then hang ropes below it roughly 30 blocks. No, I don't remember how it turned out. To this day, I don't know if the ropes become meteorite or not. But I did use ropes to mine out landfall meteorites. Later figured out there were...
  3. R

What?

What?
  4. R

Terraria bar tier list.

Sure, but that doesn't make it useless. It's just not the only source. I wouldn't go out of my way to mine any, no, but if copper were in a crate or chest, or in the way of my Hellavator, I also wouldn't just toss it unless I had no space left, and in that case, I'm far more likely to toss dirt...
  5. R

What should i do in hardmode?

Oh, I had no idea! That would make things easier! That's probably why most people read the changelog, isn't it? ;) Might be a little late to do in this world, but you can probably still save at least part of your underground jungle rather than having to reclaim it. If you dig a hellavator and...
  6. R

Do you remember your first Terraria World?

Yep. My herb "garden" was pretty much an entire screen, most of which were daybloom, and I built massive tree farms into the sky, and one screen over, grass farms where I could harvest hay and mushrooms. I had what I would eventually learn was called a "skybridge" made of snow so it would spawn...
  7. R

What should i do in hardmode?

Derplings aren't that tough. Just build a pair of small NPC houses (apartments that open only into each other works best) to keep the spawn rate down, then take whatever block you have a lot of (hay, dirt, whatever) and build a large box around the place where you want to make the house of your...
  8. R

Terraria bar tier list.

Personally, I think no timer is worthless, just that one does not have a reason to use it, so any bar used to make a timer cannot be useless. One-trick pony, sure, but the 10s timer is worth more than cobalt. I would not boost gold/platinum into S over it, but it is close. I'd seriously...
  9. R

PC A Quick Guide to "War Banners".

Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve. Yes, it's different, and I didn't know that. I've still been hammering. Now that I know that...
  10. R

PC A Quick Guide to "War Banners".

Banners on platforms has been around quite a while, but only on those platforms you hammered into their "lower" position.
  11. R

PC [AFK farm] One-way slime wall

Day 3 blood moon fishing setup. Wooden yoyo works, but will take you all day to kill off mermen. Ideally you want lava, but this was before I got that deep. I'm not even wearing wooden armor yet...
  12. R

PC [AFK farm] One-way slime wall

You can also place a hoik so that when the slime hits the top he is forced into/through the steps, same as any other method of using hoiks to change direction. I build something similar below me to deal with all the Blood Moon fishing critters, plus all the zombies, eyes, dripplers, etc...
  13. R

Sorry. Hadn't noticed your comment. Great movie. "Even those who arrange and design shrubberies...

Sorry. Hadn't noticed your comment. Great movie. "Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history."
  14. R

Failed to create the file Error, pls help.

You could try creating the LULW.plr.bak file manually. Just copy the LULW.plr file, paste it, and rename it from LULW(2).plr to LULW.plr.bak You should then be able to add the exception.
  15. R

Demolitionist Doesn't Realize He Is Underground?

I put the demolitionist and the tavernkeep together, with the home spot 18' underground, right below the start location and could buy the pylon for 7.50g, as I expected. Like I said earlier, when sharing the same location with the angler, he was selling it for 8.50g. But if there's anyone else...
Back
Top Bottom