Recent content by sgt. Sprocket

1. sgt. Sprocket

Serious PC Tech Question

Almost every other model of the HP Envy 17 that I saw on HP's website had the 950m graphics card, which is a small step up. Settling for 8 gigs of ram won't hurt, so I'd say shoot for those models at the very least. But in all honesty, try to convince your dad to open up your options a little...
  2. sgt. Sprocket

Serious PC Tech Question

The best advice that I can give you is: you have options. Assuming $999 is your max budget, Newegg.com has a section dedicated to gaming laptops under $1000: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100025325%204814%204021%204022&name=Gaming-Laptops-Under-$1000...
  3. sgt. Sprocket

Terraria: Otherworld On a Quest for Otherworldy News!

Technically speaking, T:O is more of a "re-invention" of Terraria. Redigit stated that Terraria's current engine was far too limited to do everything we wanted to, so essentially T:O is "Terraria with a more professionally created engine". The bigger, more interesting elements such as new...
  4. sgt. Sprocket

Terraria: Otherworld On a Quest for Otherworldy News!

Really digging the new wood block texture. The current Terraria texture looks kinda jagged and "bumpy", but T:O's looks very smooth and polished.
  5. sgt. Sprocket

CTRL V

Apparently Tribes: Ascend doesn't appreciate it when you alt+tab out of it... Fatal error! Address = 0x5e8593 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\tribes\binaries\Win32\TribesAscend.exe] Address = 0x5ebda1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files...
  6. sgt. Sprocket

PC What is the Dryad doing?!

She must be channeling some ancient power hidden within the clock. Her weed stash is in there.
  7. sgt. Sprocket

PC What is the Dryad doing?!

If you stand inside her circle of leaves she gives you 8 bonus defense. Also, your avatar is very purple :).
  8. sgt. Sprocket

PC Abusing the Shield of Cthulu for Fun and Profit

The ability to DASH pre-hardmode alone is incredibly useful. Back in 1.2 I used to trash every tabi I found, thinking it was useless. But the Shield of Cthulhu really opened my eyes to its value in utility. As for uses for the invincibility: I found it incredibly useful for Skeletron Prime...
  9. sgt. Sprocket

Occasional Steam Crashes?

No crashes all day! Looks like cloud save was the issue. Thanks guys!
  10. sgt. Sprocket

OHMAIGAWD A BABY! Congrats!

OHMAIGAWD A BABY! Congrats!
  11. sgt. Sprocket

Alright. I disabled cloud save for both my world and character. I'll see what that does, thanks!
  12. sgt. Sprocket

Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

2 islands within Rocket Boots distance. They both had Shiny Red Balloons, too, which is what I was looking for.
  13. sgt. Sprocket

I've been running into an interesting issue lately. Ever since the 1.3 update, I've been running into occasional instances of not only Terraria crashing, but Steam altogether. It only happens once every 2-3 hours or so. What will happen is Terraria will just close randomly, no error message or...
  14. sgt. Sprocket

Describe Expert Mode in 3 Words.

Terraria Critical Mode
  15. sgt. Sprocket

What's The First Thing You Will Do?

Die of fall damage. As always~
Back
Top Bottom