Recent content by Sin Costan

1. Sin Costan

tModLoader [Tutorial] Projectile Guide and Implementation: tModLoader Edition

Looks like they removed the "hostile" property for the NPC object, I guess you'll just have to switch that if statement to: if(!target.friendly) This will check if the target is not friendly (i.e. town npc) but this will also make it so it targets critters too. It's not the greatest...
  2. Sin Costan

Just check MPT, look at ExampleGun.cs, look inside the Shoot() hook, remove everything but the line that says "Projectile.NewProjectile(position.X, position.Y, vX, vY, type, damage, knockBack, Main.myPlayer);", replace "vX" with "speedX" and "vY" with "speedY" and type with...
  3. Sin Costan

Editing AI?

You can always attempt. You can use ilSpy program to look inside the code for it. All the NPCs are by ID so be sure to use https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/wiki to get the IDs you want to check out. To use ilSpy, just drag Terraria.exe into the window and it will show up in the panel...
  4. Sin Costan

tModLoader Tmodloader Boss NPC help Required

Judging from the code, you have no idea how counters work. Also, if this ran fully correctly, it would fire all of them at once at the same time in the same trajecotry, which is probably not what you want. Basically theres a bunch of thing going wrong here.... But first off, what are trying to...
  5. Sin Costan

Well, that's probably because "shootSpeed" is 40f, which is pretty damn fast. Probably should stick to 5f - 20f range. You probably don't have a certain "using" declaration... Just stick these on the top, if you don't already have them. Too lazy to give you precise ones so I'll just give you...
  6. Sin Costan

tModLoader [Tutorial] Custom Invasion

I fixed it a while ago but I was too lazy to upload it for a while, but its up now.
  7. Sin Costan

tModLoader How do I make a Magma Stone equivalent for guns?

Here are the goals for this project: You would want a ModPlayer.cs file, preferably in the root of your mod directory, all it would need to do is to: 1. Have a boolean (true or false) variable for your custom accessory buff. 2. Initialize that variable as false inside the hook "public override...
  8. Sin Costan

No? You're using some random variable that doesn't exist in your code at all, I'm guessing that "vectr2_1" you copied from somewhere else? Anyways, you probably just want to set the the first two params using "position" instead. Also, it's speedX and speedY, not SpeedX and SpeedY. No idea...
  9. Sin Costan

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Actually this is incorrect, changing the width and height of an item changes the "hitbox" of the item, meaning it is possible for an item to go beyond the sprite's actual size. I'm not really sure if "item.scale" would affect the size of an item when in use, however it does change the size of...
  10. Sin Costan

tModLoader How do I make a Magma Stone equivalent for guns?

You want to make a GlobalProjectile and if you don't a player file. To do it, simply use Create buff variable in ModPlayer OnHitNPC() hook (OnHitPvP hook if you want it to afflict players as well) to apply a debuff if the owner has above buff variable as true Resources...
  11. Sin Costan

1. Probably is built into the AI style, meaning you'll have to get the code from the game and modify from there 2. Generally should be in AI style, an example of how spriteDirection works is that you have a player sprite usually facing right, so... spriteDirection 1 being default will have the...
  12. Sin Costan

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-basic-flail-type-weapon.16065/ Try that 1. I worded the thing wrong, "projectile.penetrate" is the amount of NPCs it can hit, so if you want it to be able to pierce through 1, then you set it to 2 instead 2. Try...
  13. Sin Costan

To be honest, I have no idea, you're just going to have to run it.
  14. Sin Costan

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Well for the most part, it looks correct. The problem is that you do "virtual" instead of "override". You can find commands by using ilSpy on Terraria.exe. Other useful things can be found in the wiki [ ']https://github.com/blushiemagic/tModLoader/wiki ]
  15. Sin Costan

There's a way better mod that makes hellavators for tModLoader already, here's the link...

There's a way better mod that makes hellavators for tModLoader already, here's the link: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/luiafk-unlimited-combinable-potions-autobuilding-stuff-and-more.58806/#post-1393892
Back
Top Bottom