Recent content by SorbetCafe

1. SorbetCafe

Video The Comprehensive Guide to Mining

Everything you'll ever need to know about mining (except hook mining, that doesn't exist. And a few other things).
  2. SorbetCafe

Video Hardcore Dancepad Terraria

Did this recently on stream after doing a classic run last year. This is on expert mode with a hardcore character.
  3. SorbetCafe

Video The Comprehensive Hoik Guide

I spent the past 2 weeks making a very in-depth guide to hoiks with the help of @Quasar [Hoik guy] . Regardless of whether you’re completely unaware of hoiks or quite experienced, this video should be able to teach you some things you didn’t know and (hopefully) be presented in any easy to...
  4. SorbetCafe

NPCs & Enemies Rework Deerclops in expert+

I go into a lot more detail explaining the issue and proposed solutions in this video, but Deerclops' shadow hand attack that occurs in expert+ is legitimately awful. At its core, it undermines the way that the boss is designed to be kited around and is straight up able to just... appear on top...
  5. SorbetCafe

a challenge that's basically "hardcore legendary gfb but even more annoying" doesn't sound fun...

a challenge that's basically "hardcore legendary gfb but even more annoying" doesn't sound fun to do, it's already a fairly annoying difficulty. Besides, the bosses aren't the difficult part of gfb to begin with.
  6. SorbetCafe

Video Why Mediumcore Doesn't Suck

Spent a while organizing my thoughts on mediumcore into a video. I feel like it gets way too much hate for what it is. Genuinely it made me a bit sad combing through Reddit, Discord, Youtube, and the Steam and Terraria forums to look at the discourse on mediumcore and seeing some pretty strong...
  7. SorbetCafe

Video Lawnmower Only Terraria is complete

A lot of people have asked why and there really isn't a satisfactory answer. There wasn't some long battle or personal struggle to overcome, or a great motivation that's been driving me for a while. I just felt like doing it, so I did it.
  8. SorbetCafe

No, I feel like it would only be difficult for an hour or two and then you'd just get used to it. The thing that makes confused difficult is that it goes back and forth between normal and reversed controls, if it was permanently reversed you'd just adapt to it fairly quickly and then play normally.
  9. SorbetCafe

I’m not doing another low damage challenge after this, this was the final one.
  10. SorbetCafe

Yeah lol you range from 15 minutes to 89 hours for boss fights, 3 1/2 doesn’t feel too bad after like 12 hours on the twins. Plantera’s usually the fastest hardmode boss in low damage challenges since she has low defense and low HP. Was the same story in flare gun and copper shortsword only...
  11. SorbetCafe

I didn't have the time to look into it too closely, but I know it happens with the lawnmower and copper shortsword. It's pretty obvious when you jump from 8 damage to 15 and 23 lol
  12. SorbetCafe

Other fun things I found out that didn’t make it into the video: -On dontdigup, you can grow pumpkins underground but can’t use smart cursor to plant them. They also grow slower due to the game updating blocks less frequently below the surface (inherited from the normal game). Pretty sure that...
  13. SorbetCafe

moon man is dead I never want to see another lawnmower in my life This was honestly really neat because there were tons of ways I had to break the game to manage this. From looting the dungeon pre-skeletron for knockback immunity by spawning 15 servants of cthulhu to resetting heart statue...
  14. SorbetCafe

PC skeletron prime can despawn on top of you on dont dig up after hours of fighting

This was not the result of a time change or anything that simple, yeah. I think we deduced it was due to the game like dividing by zero when the distance between you and the boss is zero, happens with prime too. Thanks for submitting the report.
  15. SorbetCafe

[MEDIA] edited this together somewhat recently, also been playing the game with voice controls...

edited this together somewhat recently, also been playing the game with voice controls recently. That... is an experience.
Back
Top Bottom