Recent content by Spellbound

1. Spellbound

PC Secondary Hotbar mod?

Oh, this is really nice! I've played around with it and ended up using it in conjunction with Vex's Hotkeys to get the hold-to-continue-using feature. Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be for there to be a separate hotbar with their hotkeys displayed on them, just like the regular hotbar...
  2. Spellbound

PC Secondary Hotbar mod?

One thing I've always wanted in Terraria was the ability to hotkey certain items for single time use, similarly to what they did with the grappling hook by giving it a dedicated equipment slot with its dedicated key. The idea is the same, but instead of having a slot specifically for, say, a Rod...
  3. Spellbound

Blocks & Decoration Allow chains/ropes/etc to suspend light sources

Indeed! Allow chains to suspend all... erm... stuff that hangs off the bottom of blocks. Suspendables?
  4. Spellbound

Blocks & Decoration Allow chains/ropes/etc to suspend light sources

Pretty straightforward. Having to place a block at the end of a chain to hang a light source at the end really doesn't work indoors. I suppose some adjustments would have to be made for outdoors swaying lanterns (do chains/ropes sway with the lantern or just the lantern sways? Swaying ropes...
  5. Spellbound

Game Mechanics Gameplay Changes and QoL Suggestions

So I've been having quite a lot of fun building stuff in Journey mode, but when it comes to the actual fighting in Terraria, I still think it could be a bit better. Some of what I'm suggesting might be too significant a change to warrant patching in (since the devs said 1.4 was going to be the...
  6. Spellbound

Game Mechanics Wireless Teleporters

So, like the wireless transceiver mentioned earlier?
  7. Spellbound

Or you could just walk around with a spare teleporter that you set down and tune its frequency to one in your base. Then you can use em to go back and forth. Maybe even apply the Chaos State buff (or w.e it's called) from the teleportation rod (Rod of Discord?). The beacon idea sounds...
  8. Spellbound

I was too lazy to make fancy graphics to illustrate the idea T_T Good thread :)
  9. Spellbound

Not to mention you have to farm them. Another idea I had was to do the same wireless system, but with special blocks instead of the teleporters, so that you can make everything wireless. Connect one wireless box with wire to a switch, give it a number (let's say 1) and connect another wireless...
  10. Spellbound

Not sure I ever saw servers this large, but if you think four digits woud be ideal, then sure, why not. Maybe have a little display on the teleporter itself that shows the four digits so you can tell at a glance to which frquency number it's connected to. I daresay though that a map that uses...
  11. Spellbound

Fair enough, but that's still overkill.
  12. Spellbound

Yeah, that's kinda the idea. I didn't mean the teleporters come pre-assigned with their numbers, I meant you can give them any number you want. I guess the wording was ambiguous :P The gem thing was just toying with balance ideas and to make use of existing items.
  13. Spellbound

It's also harder to remember that just one or two digits :|
  14. Spellbound

Game Mechanics [Wiring/Block] Trap Receivers

You could also use a frequency system that 'activates' blocks with the same frequency. By that I mean, say you have two 'frequency blocks' (FB) and one is connected to a pressure plate and the other is connected to a dart trap. When you assign both FBs the same frequency number, walking on the...
  15. Spellbound

Four digits seems a bit overkill - how many teleporters do you want to place on the map? lol Imo it'd be best if kept as simple as possible, with maybe a display on the teleporter to indicate what number has been assigned to it. Or here's another idea: you could always colour-coordinate them...
Back
Top Bottom