• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
Storm Diver Ω
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I should've added this ages ago.

Probably the most simplest idea I've implemented.
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    Well large scale mods tend to have balancing issues :dryadtongue:

(I mean not that any of my modded items are unbalanced... *Sweats nervously* )
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    I mean, the occasional item that's slightly above the power curve is fine. It adds accessibility for less-skilled players and allows the game to be enjoyed by more people.

The problem is when suboptimal use of items that are above the power curve outperforms optimal use of every item that's normally on the power curve, such as Onyx Blaster carrying you through multiple gear tiers due to how powerful it is.
    Mille Marteaux
    Mille Marteaux
    Though, sometimes, you just want to unleash something truly horrifying and broken. However, as someone who dealt in Pokemon ROM hacking for a while, if everything is powerful in the right context, even things below the average stat curve, then having one or two broken and optimized things just for fun is refreshing.
    Hey I managed to "modify" some Vanilla set bonuses.

Ok by modify I mean make the original helmets uncraftable and created brand new ones in their place which have the new set bonuses :dryadsad:
    Did I fix the pre-hardmode Ore armour?
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    Now to somehow modify the set bonuses, but I'm having no luck so far :dryadsad:
    Jota Bame
    Jota Bame
    To add a new effect you'd basically have to make a new set bonus with the exact same armor pieces. And if you want to remove smth you'd make the new set bonus do the opposite of the vanilla one and change the tooltip accordingly (and thats another problem btw)

In short, advanced tweaks to vanilla are hard.
    Think I need to add more mushrooms?
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    And I have started to implement some changes from this idea:

Not everything is how it is in the idea as I couldn't get everything to work and I am very new to Terraria Modding.
    Jetthatoneguy
    Jetthatoneguy
    Mushrooms are deadly sometimes
    qwerty3.14
    qwerty3.14
    Are those mushrooms ripped straight from the mushroom spear? If so they are probably considered melee, and will use melee critical strike chance instead of ranged critical strike chance.
    Well today I learned that the Underground Jungle was added before the surface Jungle, and dungeon mobs had very different textures back in 1.0.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    A LOT has changed since 1.0.
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    I started on 1.1, and I thought a lot had changed since then.
    Sir. Fluff
    Sir. Fluff
    I started on 1.3.5 and I've been playing for two years.
    I think we can all agree on this:

(Vortex would be in between Stardust and Nebula)
    • Haha
    Reactions: Ordinary Orange Ω
    Derpling Ω
    Derpling Ω
    I actually don't have much trouble with them. I just right click on them with my summon staves and focus on other things with my weapons.
    However, most of my dodging kill comes from abusing the fact that I can be airborne, so the crawltipedes usually end up indirectly killing me just by being there.
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    I remember my first time ever fighting the Solar pillar, I went in blind and got killed by a Crawltipede instantly each time, and had to look up how to defeat them :dryadtongue: Now I have to worry about the Selenians reflecting projectiles, the Snowman cannon is literally the only weapon I can use without the fear of being killed by my own projectiles.
    qwerty3.14
    qwerty3.14
    Solar Pillar: The one place in terraria where rangers get f'd up.
    I usually hide on top of some high ground that the ground enemies can't reach (not airborne) and let a stradust dragon murder everything. The only threat at that point is corites.
    Well I decided just to test out Modding, and I've somewhat implemented my Shroomite weapons, though they're still quite basic and I don't know if I'll ever full implement them:
    Plus I made a couple of other OP weapons.
    Actual question, what do you use to post images on your profile posts?
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    Imgur, then I copy the forum URL which should look like this:
    Code:
    [IMG]URL[/IMG]
    Ordinary Orange Ω
    Ordinary Orange Ω
    Ah. That makes sense, I would always post a link without using BBC code and it would have the whole imgur thingmabob… anyway that's helpful.
    I just realised that's there's an Omega banner in the game:
    Omega Banner placed
    Derpling Ω
    Derpling Ω
    Unfortunately so. I have been making an adventure map for quite some time though. I'll probably sneak one in somewhere.
    Storm Diver Ω
    Storm Diver Ω
    I hope it's not a trap, where upon removing the banner 100 Derplings spawn and jump on top of you.
    Derpling Ω
    Derpling Ω
    It's not. It's gonna have some ridiculously obscure secrets. I kinda figure I'll just put one in some of the secret areas.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom