Recent content by Terrasyn

1. Terrasyn

Prepare to Embark on Journey's End

You finally did it! Thank you SO much for an excellent Monday start. You guys rock.
  2. Terrasyn

Terraria State of the Game: November 2019

Hmm, on the topic of progress, wasn't Stardew released in 2016 (five years after Terraria), and it's getting the 1.4 update tomorrow? And wasn't it made by one guy? I think he's also self publishing as of October, too. I believe Stardew Valley sold 3.5 million copies by 2017's close, and...
  3. Terrasyn

Terraria State of the Game - September 2019

Yeah, I would adore seeing a lot of the non-World monsters. A pet Dalamadur would be adorable (even if it wouldn't make much sense), or even a mini floating Amatsu! And may never happen, but in my head it's real. Liking the progress on updates so far. Sad to see there isn't anything much to...
  4. Terrasyn

Rage Fishing Moments

I think I recall one. Before the Seedler's drop table was changed, you used to be able to fish it up in the Jungle. Well, I was doing just that while getting attacked from numerous bats and other critters. Not wanting to build a shelter to fish from out of laziness, I just sort of jumped around...
  5. Terrasyn

Do you think that Terraria is dying?

Popularity for a game rises and falls. When new content is released, you'll see an influx of players returning to play Terraria. When updates begin to slow down, the playerbase dwindles. This happens for every game over time. I don't think Terraria is dead or dying (I wonder why these are such...
  6. Terrasyn

I recently re-read this comment after not having viewed my profile since some time last year...

I recently re-read this comment after not having viewed my profile since some time last year. Thank you for the kind words. I never initially said that.
  7. Terrasyn

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

How interesting that, just two days ago, I was talking with a friend about the development of Otherworld, and how I was unsure of it. I want to express my feelings toward the team regarding Terraria: Otherworld. Honestly? I'm relieved. Relieved for many reasons. I want to state that Terraria...
  8. Terrasyn

Is endgame mage or endgame ranger better?

Actually, that honor goes to the Phantasm (even after the nerfs, though the SDMG does have the advantage in reliability.). Still, the SDMG is a great contender. A good mage can beat a ranger in DPS. But for ease of use and as little multitasking as possible, ranger is best.
  9. Terrasyn

What is the one thing you want to get removed in terraria, if you could remove it?

I'm in favor of lifesteal being removed on weapons. If it were on a mid level armor set that would eventually become outclassed or a potion with a difficult crafting base to keep them limited, I'd find it acceptable. Vampire Knives were the only things keeping me alive in expert mode 1.3 (which...
  10. Terrasyn

Starfury: One of the more underrated weapons...

I don't know if I see "underrated" for Starfury as much as I see "lack of serious interest" about it. I still think it's a fantastic weapon and prioritize it in almost every new playthrough. I wouldn't call it underrated at all (in fact, more likely iconic since everyone knows what Starfury is).
  11. Terrasyn

Side projects you prioritize in new characters/worlds

This is something I've been looking into lately as well. It seems the underground ice biome really provides a ton of resources, whether it's accessories, weapons, anything really.
  12. Terrasyn

Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

Must have fallen at a VERY specific angle.
  13. Terrasyn

Side projects you prioritize in new characters/worlds

In every new character I begin, I've noticed that one thing in particular is consistent with them - fishing. Somehow it's remarkably fun and I've noticed that obtaining a good fishing rod often takes precedence over everything else (barring a pickaxe) in every new playthrough. I'm curious if...
  14. Terrasyn

PC Magic > All

I spent a lot of time in 1.2 using magic (and that doesn't include using Spectre), particularly during the Pumpkin/Frost Moon events. I tinkered with rangers for a bit when the Duke came out and the Tsunami was dominating in numbers. After 1.3 released I switched to melee, and I think I'm pretty...
Back
Top Bottom